Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Marshall got screwed by the officials there!

And Virginia Tech win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

In the V.A. tech game that was ridiculous that there was no holding or pass interference call. Marshall will feel very hard done by.

Just switched over to the Pitt - Duke game. Very entertaining by the look of the score.

Since I switched over, Notre Dame - Michigan State has been pretty insipid stuff.

Jesus, throwing the ball on 3rd and 1!

Stupid hit on Rees saves the ND drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

O'Byrne @ LSU! Good one ESPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Vols / Gators is the funniest thing I've seen in a while!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Vols / Gators is the funniest thing I've seen in a while!!!!!!

That interception and return was ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Baylor 35-0 up at the end of the 1st quarter. Some real beatings being handed out tonight

Tommy Rees isn't throwing anywhere near his recievers tonight.

Great catch by TJ Jones there but Kelly calling 3 passing plays from the 1yard line?

• Advertisement

MSU got their tails up here.

Mayock: MVP for Notre Dame tonight is the PI calls by the officials!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Stanford tonight is my largest wager really like them in what is the best match of night.

Ugly ugly win by Notre Dame but it's a W.

What's the spread on the Stanford game?

ASU are lucky they got a cupcake next week before they got to head to Dallas to play Notre Dame :-)

Fear the tree..

National Champs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

While it was admirable that Auburn kept fighting and put respectability on the scoreboard it was all over when they'd failed to score anything by half-time. Now they've got a two game stand at Jordan-Hare before another unforgiving trip away, this time to Johnny and company.

Ole Miss are like Auburn - a storied program in a bit of a lull, though their lull extends far beyond the Tigers'. The big win against Texas will have buoyed them but having to play the other half of the Iron Bowl the week before they play Auburn might dent their confidence a little. Auburn should have enough to beat Western Carolina the week after so going to College Station 5-1 is an attainable goal.

LSU travelling to Athens next week should be a wild ride.

Both Dame and Pitts were teams i expected might get upset but they snuck out with wins.

Stanford were top class for 3Q's going be good game when they face Oregon.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Alabama didn't impress again last night and they are still winning.

There are teams to beat them this year...I can't remember a worse performing Bama team that this in the past 3 or 4 years.

Even saying that they flicked the switch against Texas and went 35-0. Just something about them tells me they won't win this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Rice kicker Chris Boswell pulled off this beauty of an onside kick last night :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

That is beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

magical execution by Boswell. I just cannot believe the Houston player just watching the ball and not attacking it before it goes 10 yards.

Driskill out for the season for Florida. They may aswell put a fork in their season now they are as good as done IMO

D3PO wrote: »
    Driskill out for the season for Florida. They may aswell put a fork in their season now they are as good as done IMO

I don't know about that, the back-up QB looked pretty good last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

D3PO wrote: »
    magical execution by Boswell. I just cannot believe the Houston player just watching the ball and not attacking it before it goes 10 yards.

Id say he was afraid he would be the reason they would recover it. Most special teams coaches tell their players on the receiving team not to touch it until it goes 10 yards for these reasons as you know.

If the ball fails to go 10 yards they get the penalty so if they touch it prematurely and don't get control and the kicking team cover it the onside kick has worked for the kicking team. Best to see if it even goes 10 yards before making play. How many times have you seen guys drops on a moving ball and fook it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Alabama didn't impress again last night and they are still winning.

There are teams to beat them this year...I can't remember a worse performing Bama team that this in the past 3 or 4 years.

Even saying that they flicked the switch against Texas and went 35-0. Just something about them tells me they won't win this year.

Yeah watched that game myself, i thought Col put up a great defense.

TO. wrote: »
    Id say he was afraid he would be the reason they would recover it. Most special teams coaches tell their players on the receiving team not to touch it until it goes 10 yards for these reasons as you know.

If the ball fails to go 10 yards they get the penalty so if they touch it prematurely and don't get control and the kicking team cover it the onside kick has worked for the kicking team. Best to see if it even goes 10 yards before making play. How many times have you seen guys drops on a moving ball and fook it up.

yeah I understand the coaching aspect of it but if they kid actually backs away from it rather than even going to the 10 yard line.

At the speed the ball is going at waiting for it to reach 10 yards which it was gonna do was always gonna put him at a disadvantage of trying to recover it. As well as coaching guys need to have game instinct which should take over in situations like this.

Im sure he will learn from it but its one of those things.

This is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Virgina Tech's "Hokie Stone" designed helmet for this weeks game.

dm_130924_ncf_news_virginia_tech_helmet.jpg

• Advertisement

Just want shout out to how well Maryland are doing possible ranking on its way with some of these performances.

I would also have stanford inside my top 4 they could ruin the Oregon season.

Advertisement