Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Architect Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Or crash and burn into oblivion.

Man, I'm negative.

I wonder if by the time it's finished everyone will be bored of it...

I gave it a whirl. Too many irritations to enjoy it at the moment imo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I wonder if by the time it's finished everyone will be bored of it...

This would be a concern of mine too tbh. I'm skeptical as to whether it's such a great idea to keep discounting it in various sales. I know they want people to play it, suggest ideas, help find bugs and stuff, and they probably need the money since they're a small studio, but IMO they're really running the risk of e everyone who wants the game actually having it before they release it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    This would be a concern of mine too tbh. I'm skeptical as to whether it's such a great idea to keep discounting it in various sales. I know they want people to play it, suggest ideas, help find bugs and stuff, and they probably need the money since they're a small studio, but IMO they're really running the risk of e everyone who wants the game actually having it before they release it...

I was able to get around it by loading it via steam in safe mode and it worked for me. I have to say that my prison is fairly ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Don't see the issue. They'll still have the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

whats to stop them not releasing anything? I am assuming that there is nothing in the terms and conditions of its early access?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

folan wrote: »
    whats to stop them not releasing anything? I am assuming that there is nothing in the terms and conditions of its early access?

Probably nothing, but that is the risk you take when you go for early access.

so, thatd be the issue i suppose. they have the money, but you dont get the game.

though i havent played this, its something that worried me for a long time with PZ

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah, but most people are paying a discounted price for it now in Alpha. Those are potential full version buyers who won't have to pay full price for the game. They're sort of limiting the market somewhat for the final version.

Just IMO I think it would be better to try and keep the Alpha to a relatively small audience until it's more polished.

Yeah, but most people are paying a discounted price for it now in Alpha. Those are potential full version buyers who won't have to pay full price for the game. They're sort of limiting the market somewhat for the final version.

Just IMO I think it would be better to try and keep the Alpha to a relatively small audience until it's more polished.

i used to agree with you, but in my experience with PZ, and what ive heard about PA, its actually led to a large community driven development, making larger scale games possible from smaller indie companies, with better and more direct feedback driving how the games are made.

long may it continue, but i have visions of development stopping when devs run out of money, and unfinished games are left to the users who paid for them. I'm somewhat of a pessimist when it comes to my fellow man, and I can see the gamer community getting hit by some massive scams.

i used to agree with you, but in my experience with PZ, and what ive heard about PA, its actually led to a large community driven development, making larger scale games possible from smaller indie companies, with better and more direct feedback driving how the games are made.

long may it continue, but i have visions of development stopping when devs run out of money, and unfinished games are left to the users who paid for them. I'm somewhat of a pessimist when it comes to my fellow man, and I can see the gamer community getting hit by some massive scams.

They have made a couple of million already. This is their most successful game that they have ever made and it has not been released yet.

I don't think they will he running out of money any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

so, thatd be the issue i suppose. they have the money, but you dont get the game.

though i havent played this, its something that worried me for a long time with PZ

Introversion have a good track record so I'm not too worried. It's the likes of Keen House (Miner Wars developers) who've demonstrated they don't have any intentions of keeping their promises you need to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

What do you mean by not releasing anything? We already have the game. If they stop development, we still have the game up to that point. At this stage it's a lot of additional features that they're adding. The main bulk of the game is already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hmmmm we usually get a Alpha video around about now

Vicxas wrote: »
    Hmmmm we usually get a Alpha video around about now

None this month. The main dev guy in the videos was having a child so they said there'd be no video until the very end of November or December AFAIR.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've not tried this, but Uplink is still one of my favourite indie games and i love Introversion, so i'll probably pick it up soon.

Kiith wrote: »
    I've not tried this, but Uplink is still one of my favourite indie games and i love Introversion, so i'll probably pick it up soon.
    uplink is a cracking game. I started following them after that. Darwina is a good concept of a game bit uplink was a lot better.

Ah the memories

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And that music...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Alpha 15 is now live:

Features of Alpha 15:
    Performance Upgrades
    Guards now get tired and need to rest in a staff room.
    You can now view the various contraband you've found during recent periods of time.
    Main Menu's been tweaked, mods can now be placed in a mods folder to work.
    Scenarios can now be scripted with cutscenes and music and stuff.
    Side-screen scrolling

Coming along nicely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just downloaded and launched the new Alpha. Loaded the save I had to stop playing as it was too laggy, and it is now perfect. Huge improvement. Very happy with it. The tiredness thing is a bit off. I find I have to make them move to the staff room to rest, rather then them resting once tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So just got this yesterday in the sale. Loving it so far however do have one constant issue of prisoners not wanting to leave my prison. Is there any known solution to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

VinLieger wrote: »
    So just got this yesterday in the sale. Loving it so far however do have one constant issue of prisoners not wanting to leave my prison. Is there any known solution to this?

Not wanting to leave? I've never had that problem...? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Create a harsher prison that is hell for the inmates to live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I had an issue a few alphas back where they wouldn't leave if they were in solitary for any period. They eventually leave though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah figured it out I had no solitary and they wouldnt leave until they had served their alloted solitary, all sorted now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

andddddddddddddd Alpha 16 is out:

You can also for the next 14 days upgrade to Name in the game for $10 where you can donate to the game and get a prisoner named after you with your own bio, reason he's inside and customize the look of the prisoner, I might just do that for the craic! :D

On sale on Steam for €13 for the next 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

Does anyone know when this will be ready? (Or is that a stupid question)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hmmmmm tempted by this and craft world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Polar101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this will be ready? (Or is that a stupid question)

Well to be honest it's sort of like Minecraft. It is ready, the updates at the moment are really just for adding cool new things.

Advertisement