Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Architect Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I do all my building at night. Use fences to keep the inmates out of places they shouldn't be.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I just built my entire prison before letting inmates in. :P

200 workmen can build and fit out a Large Prison in about 7 in game days. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

I think the update will be out before Friday, usually comes out around this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Yeah fences are great for keeping prisoners out of an area you're building. Normally make quite a large holding cell so as to use that before the cell blocks are done.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So here's my first functioning large prison:

46D145EA42E5A572E5EE65A79B8DC65BA9CFCBC8

Has:
    • 5 Cellblocks allowing 582 capacity.
    • 3 Cellblocks with luxury cells (have a bookshelf :P)
    • Solitary Block where prisoners have just enough room to fit in their cells.
    • 6 offices for administration (top right)
    • Morgue, Infirmary and Cleaning cupboard (under the offices)
    • Execution Chamber, Holding Cell and storeroom (Bottom right)
    • Massive dining hall, shower room, kitchen, yard and common room.
    • One Laundry and six Workshops. Each workshop contains 20 machines.
    • Takes seven power stations and two water pumps to keep the place functioning.

Funny thing happened there, prisoners had freetime and I followed a few of them to see what they'd do...

BA297E0FE71E9463C2A3484056C200CB1AE5DB19

Guess they were just hangin' out... :P

• Advertisement

Thats unreal..does it not lag like f###? If mine goes over about 120 it starts to lag

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Thats unreal..does it not lag like f###? If mine goes over about 120 it starts to lag

Hasn't started to lag yet. But I've only 60 prisoners atm.

TBH, most of the fun for me is designing and building the prison. Actually running it long term isn't my goal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Hasn't started to lag yet. But I've only 60 prisoners atm.

TBH, most of the fun for me is designing and building the prison. Actually running it long term isn't my goal at all.

HOLEY MOLEY that's some prison! :eek: Talk about a supermax!

Lol the boys just hanging out in the execution chamber xD

Yeah I was about to ask/say. That for me at least, the best part is designing and building the prison. After that it gets a little boring (for now) but then again I do suppose it's called Prison Architect not Prison Simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Policy table is really cool.

• Advertisement

Policy table is really cool.

Unfortunately, this update means I have to tear down my prison and begin again... Damn tunnels! :P

Lads, I'm getting a weird situation here. My prison has a Low danger risk from 5pm - 7am. But then as soon as they wake up in the morning, it starts rising incredibly rapidly and almost always ends in a riot. I don't get it, I've given them FreeTime to do what they need to do, but they don't seem to do it fast enough to prevent a riot...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this is 40% off on steam atm too :)

Its -40% on steam atm for the people that dont have it...word of advice, get it

They released a hot fix today that :

- Fixed: Critical bug with deployment system, resulting in a failure to subdivide the map into sectors.
    This caused most pathfinding within the game to fail, grinding the prison to a halt.

- Fixed: Punishments maxed out at five hours, regardless of what you set in the Policy screen

- Fixed: Patrol positions were not being saved properly

- Fixed: Bug in the laundry system that prevented prisoners from changing into clean uniforms

- There is now a tooltip in the Patrols screen, to make it clearer how to assign guards to patrols

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've gone back to V12. I'm having too much trouble with V13. The patrols don't work and as a direct result, I can't station guards at control panels and so my cameras are of no use. Workers are constantly getting stuck in walls. Prisoners rush to which ever room they're scheduled to be in, but then just mill about the entrance, which means they rarely eat. And if I've to now deal with tunnels, there just seems to be no point updating until the guard dogs arrive.

Anyone else having trouble, or am I really just that unlucky?

humanji wrote: »
    I've gone back to V12. I'm having too much trouble with V13. The patrols don't work and as a direct result, I can't station guards at control panels and so my cameras are of no use. Workers are constantly getting stuck in walls. Prisoners rush to which ever room they're scheduled to be in, but then just mill about the entrance, which means they rarely eat. And if I've to now deal with tunnels, there just seems to be no point updating until the guard dogs arrive.

Anyone else having trouble, or am I really just that unlucky?

Yeah, I'm having issues with people getting stuck in walls too. Workmen and Janitors always get caught in corners when trying to go through a door and you've to select them and move them to free them.

Rather annoying.

Hopefully the fix shaneb outlines fixes that.

I've downloaded the fixed version and I've the same problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

GAH!

They fcuking made it mandatory to have cell doors now. My prison is ruined. FML.

Vicxas wrote: »
    GAH!

They fcuking made it mandatory to have cell doors now. My prison is ruined. FML.

How were you doing it without cell doors? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cells used to work fine without the cell doors, and I had one main door that lead out to the corridor. But now all cells need to have a cell door for it to be considered a cell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Springwood_minimum_security_prison.png

Don't knock it, it works. :D

I had my minimum security blocks with no cell doors (and just a door into the block) as they never gave me any trouble. The normal and max security blocks were the ones I worried about. Never had a problem with it that way. I'd have preferred if they didn't change that, but I can live with it.

Only problem I have after installing the hot fix is that I cant place staff, when hireing them, in certain places, like over water pipes and wires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Prison architect is on sale for 14 dollars

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

padair wrote: »
    Prison architect is on sale for 14 dollars

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

I've been watching this for a while, what's the latest verdict on it?

I've been watching this for a while, what's the latest verdict on it?

I acquired it and I was really enjoying it. It is very addictive.

I think it is well worth 10 Euros. There is the fact that it is still in alpha so it can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

padair wrote: »
    I acquired it and I was really enjoying it. It is very addictive.

I think it is well worth 10 Euros. There is the fact that it is still in alpha so it can only get better.

Or crash and burn into oblivion.

Man, I'm negative.

Or crash and burn into oblivion.

Man, I'm negative.

Is anyone having problems running this on Windows 8.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Why are you running windows 8 ?

Have you tried compatability mode ? (right click exe , properties)

Advertisement