Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

I feel sick with the nerves, I've a feeling I won't get any offers. Literally don't what I'll do with myself then :/ Won't be much sleep got tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Lamina wrote: »
    I feel sick with the nerves, I've a feeling I won't get any offers. Literally don't what I'll do with myself then :/ Won't be much sleep got tomorrow night!

What you hoping to get??

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Sinny2 wrote: »
    Ah it would be just a little over an hr to UCD. I'm in north wexford :) yeah got 9 out of 9 distinctions so fingers crossed :) nursing is so competitive though :(

Yeah, nursing seems to come down to random selection. So hopefully you get a place. You can't have done anymore than what you have. No one can beat the score you got. Only equal it. So you have as much chance as anyone else who applied. It's a lottery now.

I find it quite unnerving that its out of our hands now!

Yeah, nursing seems to come down to random selection. So hopefully you get a place. You can't have done anymore than what you have. No one can beat the score you got. Only equal it. So you have as much chance as anyone else who applied. It's a lottery now.

I find it quite unnerving that its out of our hands now!

I just want thursday to hurry up and come :D i will be so happy if i get any offer at all :)

I just want thursday to hurry up and come :D i will be so happy if i get any offer at all :)

How many choices have you put?

• Advertisement

How many choices have you put?

All 10 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

It will be just like being pregnant the last bit will feel like ages!!!! I was lucky I got offered in round A - July 5th but I remember the many many email and stuff "just making sure".
    Good luck to all the nursing appplicants - thats a really tough gig!
    Good luck to all CAO applicants ans remember we are testament to the fact that there is more than one way to 3rd level.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

Can anyone tell me What colleges are included in round zero for students who done FETAC 5?

Edel666 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me What colleges are included in round zero for students who done FETAC 5?

It really depends on the course. If there are reserved places on the course for fetac students it will be round zero :) otherwise you will be competing against leaving cert students by turning fetac scores into points and will be under round 1 .. :) all nursing is done in round zero

Anything to do with the HEL scheme is round zero and if its by the pilot scheme its round 1

• Advertisement

Ok well the college i've applied for is IT Sligo?

Anything to do with the HEL scheme is round zero and if its by the pilot scheme its round 1
    Thank you do you have a link to the page?

It really depends on the course. If there are reserved places on the course for fetac students it will be round zero :) otherwise you will be competing against leaving cert students by turning fetac scores into points and will be under round 1 .. :) all nursing is done in round zero
    What about the childcare courses?

Ok well the college i've applied for is IT Sligo?

Almost sure thats in round 1 of offers but just check on thursday anyway in case im wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

It's all very confusing.

Thank you do you have a link to the page?

http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Progression_Opportunities_for_2013.pdf

Read the part here on what higher education institutes uses which schemes, it might help .. It basically says i.t's use the pilot scheme and universities use the HEL scheme apart from nursing which is under the HEL scheme in both. Hope it helps :)

Lamina wrote: »
    It's all very confusing.

Pity they just wouldnt put it in plain english when everybody will get offers when we log in to cao :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

One more day of this left lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Only thing i have a chance of being offered tomorrow is Maynooth or DIT... eep. Would like something just in case :S x

Kept waking up in a groggy and confused state wondering was today the day.

T-Minus 24 hours.

• Advertisement

Hope all thoe with the squeaky bum syndrome are aleveated tomorrow :0

So nervous ! :p:o only a few hours now :p

Jeez my spelling/typing is rubbish when Im on the phone!!
    To translate - I hope all those that are waiting on round zero offers tomorrow get what they need!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

I have applied to Carlow IT. so im guessing il hear nothing tomorrow then? the wait continues :(

I guess it depends on HOW you are applying, I copied this from the CAO website
    Round Zero: Offer Date: 1st August, 2013 from 06:00
    Reply Date: 8th August, 2013 by 17:15

In early August there will be an issue of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not competing with those awaiting 2013 examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, i.e. graduate entry medicine applicants, additional mature, deferred and Access applicants and applicants presenting FETAC (2002-2013) for consideration for entry to courses with a quota for FETAC applicants may also be included at this stage.

Round One: Offer Date: 19th August, 2013 from 06:00
    Reply Date: 26th August, 2013 by 17:15

Issue of main body of offers take place after Irish Leaving Certificate Examination results become available. All applicants applying of the basis of school leaving examination results, regardless of year completed, are offered in this round.

https://www.cao.ie/help_files/round_dates.php

There have already been mature student offers in Round A in early July a small number of offers of places may be issued to applicants such as:
    Deferred applicants
    Mature applicants - this is how I got my spot at WIT
    Mature nursing/midwifery code applicants - I think this means there wont be any nursing offers tomorrow but I may well be wrong.
    Applicants who have completed an Access course

And lastly students who need to make visa arrangements before taking a place

So that lot should already have a place.

But if you are waiting I suggest checking it out tomorrow first thing, I will let you into a little secret I had accepted my offer by 06:28!!! Keen or what!

Just under 12 hours now guys. Hope you all get what you want!

Make sure to come on here and let us know! If you get offered a place, could you post what course you get and what results you got to get in.

I'm just asking as I remember looking through last years and wondering what results people got/what I needed. Just to help people who may be in our position next year by letting them know what results they may need etc..

Again, best of luck!

Will defo let everyone know how it goes.. :) not long now aaaaaaahhhhhhh :p

Just under 12 hours now guys. Hope you all get what you want!

Make sure to come on here and let us know! If you get offered a place, could you post what course you get and what results you got to get in.

I'm just asking as I remember looking through last years and wondering what results people got/what I needed. Just to help people who may be in our position next year by letting them know what results they may need etc..

Again, best of luck!
    Do you know what colleges offer Round Zero?

Do you know what colleges offer Round Zero?

http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Prog_HEC_2011.pdf

Page two here, the Higher Education Links scheme offers are tomorrow.

Further down the page you'll see a list of colleges in the Pilot Scheme. They offer the same time as Leaving Cert. if your college is in the Pilot Scheme there is no harm in looking tomorrow just to be sure. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I feel sick in my stomach!
    Worst part of it all is, if if I dont get woken up by a text message before 8am or so, I'll pretty much know I dont have an offer.

I hate that!

Advertisement