Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

I turned twenty three at the very start of March, so that sucked for me. No the course I want turns my Fetac modules to points and I compete against leaving cert students so I shouldn't have a problem with the points. Is there much of a difference with the points this year, I didn't bother turning my modules into points because I have enough points. I got 7 distinctions and 1 merit in the old system that would be 385 points but not sure what it is this year.
    Oh right ya i didn't calculate mine yet either all i know is i've enough distinctions for my course :)

Edel666 wrote: »
    Oh right ya i didn't calculate mine yet either all i know is i've enough distinctions for my course :)

What course did you apply for?

I am actually hopeful that I get my second choice, I picked general I.T. because I was a bit intimated by doing System Software but I am regretting that I didn't go for S.S. as first choice because of the better job prospects.

Who me? RE:Apply for?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Im not going to sleep tonight !!!

Do you guys think 6 distinctions, 1 merit and 1 pass will be enough for social studies in IT Sligo ?

Not guna get my hopes up :(

Who me? RE:Apply for?

Yeah what did you apply for, sorry I went on a bit of a rant to myself there. :P

• Advertisement

currychips wrote: »

Do you guys think 6 distinctions, 1 merit and 1 pass will be enough for social studies in IT Sligo ?

Are you applying for a course with a quota for Fetac students or are you competing against leaving cert students?

Are you applying for a course with a quota for Fetac students or are you competing against leaving cert students?

I done a PLC level 5 in appplied social studies. Got offered my second choice in round zero but rele want my 1st choice,

Yeah what did you apply for, sorry I went on a bit of a rant to myself there. :P
    Oh sorry Early Childhood Education Lvl 8 in Sligo hopefully i'll get it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Emmab95

How do you know if the course has a quota for Fetac or not?

Im hoping for Sligo too. Let's hope they are nice !!! :D

• Advertisement

I didn't even know Sligo had its own I.T., is there much competition for the courses in Sligo?

On the bright side I would imagine Dublin and Cork would be much tougher competition. Thankfully I am applying to Waterford which seems to be a little easier to get into than the bigger cities colleges.

Ya I thinkso did you check the entry requirements for FETAC on CAO?

Ya I thinkso did you check the entry requirements for FETAC on CAO?

Yea.. the minimum you need is 3 distinctions !

Emmab95 wrote: »
    How do you know if the course has a quota for Fetac or not?

http://www2.cao.ie/fetac/fetac_search.php

Go to the link above and put your course code in there. If the course says "Upd" that means you are competing against leaving cert students but if it says "Man" that is a quota course where you compete against other Fetac students. That is how it works to the best of my knowledge but I am open to correction.

I didn't even know Sligo had its own I.T., is there much competition for the courses in Sligo?

On the bright side I would imagine Dublin and Cork would be much tougher competition. Thankfully I am applying to Waterford which seems to be a little easier to get into than the bigger cities colleges.
    I don't know about the competition but i think as you said the colleges in the cities are harder to get into. :)

That's the same with me for my course :)

http://www2.cao.ie/fetac/fetac_search.php

Go to the link above and put your course code in there. If the course says "Upd" that means you are competing against leaving cert students but if it says "Man" that is a quota course where you compete against other Fetac students. That is how it works to the best of my knowledge but I am open to correction.

Thank you, I get it now :) It's all just so confusing

So im in the running with the FETAC people,, not the leaving certs. Well thats boosted my hopes a tiny bit !! PLC's are bloody hard work though ! lol :)

I am willing to bet any money that the cao site crashes and it will take a while to go back online. :D

That's the same with my course :) I hope everyone gets what they want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Jonathanod

I did a FETAC Level 5 in Business Studies which I finished in January, Got 8 Distinctions (400 points) and have applied for Health Promotion in WIT which is 300 points I also applied directly to WIT for the new Applied Health Care.

I find out about the Health Promotion tomorrow but won't find out about the Applied Health Care until after the closing date on the 30th which would leave barley anytime to prepare?

I'm going to go to the drop in clinic tomorrow and see if they can help me out :)

Good luck everyone

I am willing to bet any money that the cao site crashes and it will take a while to go back online. :D
    That's why i may not go onto it at 6am i'd say loads of ppl will be on at that time :)

That's why i may not go onto it at 6am i'd say loads of ppl will be on at that time :)

I was planning on setting my alarm for six, may push it to seven now lol:P

I want to find out straight away but I don't want to go on and then it crashes :(

I'm heading for a nap at half seven and then I'll wake up in the middle of the night. :D

I will have three laptops set up and log on through a few devices :pac:

I'm heading for a nap at half seven and then I'll wake up in the middle of the night. :D

I will have three laptops set up and log on through a few devices :pac:
    Haha good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

goodluck to everyone :D

anyone apply for carlow?

TheStig13 wrote: »
    goodluck to everyone :D

anyone apply for carlow?

I applied for Higher Certificate in Science - Physiology & Health science but didn't realise that you needed certain fetac modules so I wont get an offer for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Last year i tried it at 6, crashed. Tried again at 6:15, still no sign of it working. Was nearly 7 before i got on, only to be disappointed.

It more than likely will crash so dont worry if it does.

Also the CAO points are usually in the papers in the morning, so by 5am someone could get a hold of one and upload pics of it online and you can see what the points were

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

Jonathanod wrote: »
    I applied for Higher Certificate in Science - Physiology & Health science but didn't realise that you needed certain fetac modules so I wont get an offer for it

sorry to hear that. did you apply for anything else?

i have applied for higher certificate in computing but i will be going against leaving cert students. i got 360 points in my fetac so im hopeful i'll get a place.

Advertisement