Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

katieg19 wrote: »
    do letterkenny turn them into points?!?!?! I'm seriously hoping theres somewhere that do and some people who were offered 2 places and have to turn down some...

I've no idea if any of them do or not. I'm hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sharif bhuiyan

deisedave wrote: »
    Only choices I want really are I.T. related and that is general I.T. and System Software in W.I.T.

So I will have to wait until August 19th :(

I will have to wait also but honestly I m wondering , will I get any offer or not ? Is there any chance to get offer ? Is there any statistic or idea how many people get offer until September ? 😓

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sharif bhuiyan

Yeah it has ruined my summer pretty much because I just cannot stop thinking about the cao offers and I can't relax.

As a mature student I have the same tension :( will I get or ****ing not 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

katieg19 wrote: »
    do letterkenny turn them into points?!?!?! I'm seriously hoping theres somewhere that do and some people who were offered 2 places and have to turn down some...

All fetac are turned into points for Monday round 1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

Forever21 wrote: »
    All fetac are turned into points for Monday round 1 .

Hey man, just got a question. For some of the ITs they ask from say 3 distinctions for most level 8 courses. However, I only got 2 and 6 merits plus 2 passes. Does this mean I won't get the courses that require 3 distinctions or when my modules are converted to points, which would be 320, then it would overwrite that requirement? I have a horrible gut feeling I won't be offered anything come Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Edel666

Hey man, just got a question. For some of the ITs they ask from say 3 distinctions for most level 8 courses. However, I only got 2 and 6 merits plus 2 passes. Does this mean I won't get the courses that require 3 distinctions or when my modules are converted to points, which would be 320, then it would overwrite that requirement? I have a horrible gut feeling I won't be offered anything come Monday.
    I'm not to sure sorry you never know, The IT i applied to required the same (3 distinctions) What course did you apply for?

Did you apply for other courses like level 7 as if it says 3 distinctions no matter what points you won't get that course. Level 7 don't carry that requirement so you would get level 7 . Level 7 is every bit as good as you can do an add in at the end if it . Let me know

Did you apply for other courses like level 7 as if it says 3 distinctions no matter what points you won't get that course. Level 7 don't carry that requirement so you would get level 7 . Level 7 is every bit as good as you can do an add in at the end if it . Let me know

Hey man, I can't remember if I'm honest what I applied for but I think I might have put a level 7 course down, though it probably wouldn't have been my first choice. It sucks they're so rigid (ITs) about the specific modules when some of them I could've got distinctions in, such as work experience, communications or desktop would hold no merit in say, creative writing for digital media level 8 course. But hey, I'm probably just a bit bitter because it seems I've just narrowly missed out on my dream course. Thanks for your response anyway, though. I hope you get the course you want :-)

Hey man, I can't remember if I'm honest what I applied for but I think I might have put a level 7 course down, though it probably wouldn't have been my first choice. It sucks they're so rigid (ITs) about the specific modules when some of them I could've got distinctions in, such as work experience, communications or desktop would hold no merit in say, creative writing for digital media level 8 course. But hey, I'm probably just a bit bitter because it seems I've just narrowly missed out on my dream course. Thanks for your response anyway, though. I hope you get the course you want :-)
    We'll see what happens anyways if you log into your CAO you should be able to see what you applied for, you should take the level 7 if you get the course and then you might be able to progress onto your dream course? It depends what LVL 7 course you applied for. I'm no expert on this don't give up on your dream course if you really want it. :)

Take your level 7 and do well in the first year to transfer into your dream course . That's what my friend done last year.

• Advertisement

Take your level 7 and do well in the first year to transfer into your dream course . That's what my friend done last year.
    I agree 100% with Forever21 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

As a mature student I have the same tension :( will I get or ****ing not 😡

I know a good few people who applied for W.I.T. as a mature student and all the mature offers were made already. I think it was round A that the mature offers were made for W.I.T.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

This will be it wont it? I mean if any of us are lucky enough to get an offer, we either accept or reject that. We wont be getting any offers for courses above or below that. That's correct?
    That's unless people reject their spot on a course and you might be selected.

The system is very complicated and I don't know if it's ideal. There's plenty of things that need changing, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sean1975

I know a good few people who applied for W.I.T. as a mature student and all the mature offers were made already. I think it was round A that the mature offers were made for W.I.T.

All mature student offers for Carlow are made to

Yellow121 wrote: »
    This will be it wont it? I mean if any of us are lucky enough to get an offer, we either accept or reject that. We wont be getting any offers for courses above or below that. That's correct?
    That's unless people reject their spot on a course and you might be selected.

The system is very complicated and I don't know if it's ideal. There's plenty of things that need changing, that's for sure.

Not really it there are offers nearly every week till courses are filled so there could be 2-3 more rounds of offers and then if ppl pull out in the first month of the course starting the college can offer places

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Sean1975 wrote: »
    Not really it there are offers nearly every week till courses are filled so there could be 2-3 more rounds of offers and then if ppl pull out in the first month of the course starting the college can offer places

I see, so if at this late stage you decide you don't want to do your first choice course but the second choice instead, you could reject the first one and hope to get pcked in the next round for the second?

Yellow121 wrote: »
    I see, so if at this late stage you decide you don't want to do your first choice course but the second choice instead, you could reject the first one and hope to get pcked in the next round for the second?

I'm not to sure on that I think you'd have to talk to the college or the cao abot that all I know is I accepted a level 7 course in July and was offered a level 8 in the last round and that cancelled my level 7

Edel666 wrote: »
    We'll see what happens anyways if you log into your CAO you should be able to see what you applied for, you should take the level 7 if you get the course and then you might be able to progress onto your dream course? It depends what LVL 7 course you applied for. I'm no expert on this don't give up on your dream course if you really want it. :)

Thanks for your advice. I checked my cao and I have community and youth work as an option for level 7, which was intended as a safety net off sorts. My ideal, and preferred course was Creative Writing with Digital Media in Tralee IT ; however, that's a level 8 and requires 3 distinctions, so that's out of the picture it seems. Either way, I would just be so glad to do a level 7/8 course and be occupied for 3 or 4 years than do nothing for that time as I'm 20 and would hate to be back on the soul sapping dole. What's your first choice btw, Edel 666?

Thanks for your advice. I checked my cao and I have community and youth work as an option for level 7, which was intended as a safety net off sorts. My ideal, and preferred course was Creative Writing with Digital Media in Tralee IT ; however, that's a level 8 and requires 3 distinctions, so that's out of the picture it seems. Either way, I would just be so glad to do a level 7/8 course and be occupied for 3 or 4 years than do nothing for that time as I'm 20 and would hate to be back on the soul sapping dole. What's your first choice btw, Edel 666?
    I watched something on youtube heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EQN_ntCHxY i think he basically says that most Lvl 7 courses can progress onto Level 8 , you could check it out with the college when you get an offer I just applied for Early Childhood Education Level 8 in the IT , so i'm hoping to get it :)

There's only like 3 days left now :)

• Advertisement

Lamina wrote: »
    There's only like 3 days left now :)
    I know four more sleeps... well maybe 3 depending if we're able to sleep on Sunday night or not. :D :L

I watched something on youtube heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EQN_ntCHxY i think he basically says that most Lvl 7 courses can progress onto Level 8 , you could check it out with the college when you get an offer I just applied for Early Childhood Education Level 8 in the IT , so i'm hoping to get it :)

99% of level 7 courses roll onto lvl 8 courses in some way or another

I know four more sleeps... well maybe 3 depending if we're able to sleep on Sunday night or not. :D :L

I couldn't sleep a wink the last night, and since this is pretty much my last chance I can't imagine I'll be able to sleep Sunday night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

getting so nervous :S

Sean1975 wrote: »
    99% of level 7 courses roll onto lvl 8 courses in some way or another
    Ya i was telling keeponclimbing above but I found that man's videos on youtube good especially for school leavers and people who are unsure about the CAO process :)

getting so nervous :S
    Same i don't know how we'll be on Sunday night... :)

Lamina wrote: »
    I couldn't sleep a wink the last night, and since this is pretty much my last chance I can't imagine I'll be able to sleep Sunday night :P
    I know i found it hard to sleep a few nights too haha don't know how i'll be Sunday night either. :)

D-day is getting so close now, I am starting to get really worried.

I know i found it hard to sleep a few nights too haha don't know how i'll be Sunday night either. :)

Sound for the advice man. If I get anything at all, I'll be happy with that. I too, haven't slept well in like 2 weeks because I've been stressing over offers, grants, accommodation, driving test etc. We'll all be a mess come Monday haha! Hope everyone here gets what they want or at least some kinda level 7 or 8 course :-)

• Advertisement

D-day is getting so close now, I am starting to get really worried.
    I know only 3 more sleeps left, Hope everyone gets what they want too. We can keep chatting on this anyways in the meantime :)

Advertisement