Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Gary Hooper.. 4 goals in 6 games isn't a bad return for 6.1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

One for the wildcard maybe lads and lassies.

Nick Powell of Man Utd is rumoured to be on his way to Hull on loan in Jan, currently with Wigan. A mid at 5 and he could even play up front. Surely a better option to Graham or Sagbo. I have hipster glasses finely pointed in his direction anyway.

5 league goals in 15 games and 3 Europa league goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

anyone know much about this bentaleb guy at spurs? he looked lively in the last 2 games and unlucky not to score.
    he's 4.5, does he have much/any chance of staying in the team? (i don't see much spurs matches)
    he's played 90 mins in the last 2 matches.
    I'm currently on my wildcard and have good ol' 2 pointer (with the occasional goal) scott parker at 4.4 as my 5th mid.
    just wondering if bentaleb is worth a shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hogey007 wrote: »
    anyone know much about this bentaleb guy at spurs? he looked lively in the last 2 games and unlucky not to score.
    he's 4.5, does he have much/any chance of staying in the team? (i don't see much spurs matches)
    I'm currently on my wildcard and have good ol' 2 pointer (with the occasional goal) scott parker at 4.4 as my 5th mid.
    Sherwood rates him highly.

Sherwood rates him highly.

hmmm might be worth a punt so. if he falls out of favour i could always switch him to parker/jedinak later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

hmmm might be worth a punt so. if he falls out of favour i could always switch him to parker/jedinak later on.

Sandra and Paulinho back in training bound to limit his playing time, esp against the likes of City. Good spot though.....watchlisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Fabio and Zaha both going on loan to Cardiff. Can't believe either of them weren't given a chance in the United first team this season, in positions where our current selection was really lacking..

Zaha might be a bit expensive at over 5.0 but Fabio is only 4.1 and should walk into the Cardiff 11

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Danger781 wrote: »
    Fabio and Zaha both going on loan to Cardiff. Can't believe either of them weren't given a chance in the United first team this season, in positions where our current selection was really lacking..

Zaha might be a bit expensive at over 5.0 but Fabio is only 4.1 and should walk into the Cardiff 11

fabio wasnt even a guaranteed starter at qpr last year. I dont think he is good enough to feature for utd. Could be good value at cardiff though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Danger781 wrote: »

It's a permanent deal for Fabio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    Sandra and Paulinho back in training bound to limit his playing time, esp against the likes of City. Good spot though.....watchlisted.

Paulinho in particular would seem likely to put a complete stop to Bentaleb's starts, Dembele and Sandro are interchangeable to an extent but no way Bentaleb keeps Paulinho out of the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Zaha is in my plans. Possibly to come in this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    Zaha is in my plans. Possibly to come in this weekend.

Good player no doubt although I won't pretend to have seen much of him in action, his goalscoring record in the championship wasn't particularly good though considering he was playing in one of the top teams. 5.4 is a decent enough price though, he should be good enough to hold down a regular place but I'll hold back for a while.

Good player no doubt although I won't pretend to have seen much of him in action, his goalscoring record in the championship wasn't particularly good though considering he was playing in one of the top teams. 5.4 is a decent enough price though, he should be good enough to hold down a regular place but I'll hold back for a while.
    He is a risk. But at 5.4 not that big a risk, and a 15 million really attacking winger at 5.4 is a risk I'm willing to take, probably rotating with Tom Ince

played 90 minutes in the last 6 games now and got 11 points in the last game.
    i think i'll switch him in for parker now, i thought parker was a guaranteed 2 pointer but hasn't started the last 2 league matches or the cup game.
    The new manager might start him though but still think i'll bring in bentaleb.
    will have a good look at how i need to use transfers for gw29.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The Ox is attracting my attention but he's certainly not viable for another month yet. Bentaleb does look cemented in place too, I'm happy enough with Delph as my cheap mid just a pity he misses GW29, if I had a free transfer I'd consider a switch but have 2 defenders not starting now on top of other priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

The Ox is attracting my attention but he's certainly not viable for another month yet..

Heard he was good this afternoon. Will he be a regular starter in the PL though?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The Ox is attracting my attention but he's certainly not viable for another month yet. Bentaleb does look cemented in place too, I'm happy enough with Delph as my cheap mid just a pity he misses GW29, if I had a free transfer I'd consider a switch but have 2 defenders not starting now on top of other priorities.

He's on my watch list but same as above, won't be coming in for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

From FFS:

Post-match, Wenger revealed he dropped Olivier Giroud to the bench as the frontman looked “a bit tired”, before going on to discuss the rest of his team selection.

Had nothing to do with the articles that broke about him yesterday then Arsene?

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/arsenal-striker-olivier-giroud-admits-he-cheated-on-his-wife-with-a-glamour-model-says-sorry-on-twitter/

Lemlin wrote: »
    From FFS:

Post-match, Wenger revealed he dropped Olivier Giroud to the bench as the frontman looked “a bit tired”, before going on to discuss the rest of his team selection.

Had nothing to do with the articles that broke about him yesterday then Arsene?

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/arsenal-striker-olivier-giroud-admits-he-cheated-on-his-wife-with-a-glamour-model-says-sorry-on-twitter/

In fairness to Wenger, he didn't say what had made Giroud tired... :p

Any Southampton fans or followers have any view on how likely Yoshida will be back to the bench for Lovren from next week. I'd be tempted to get rid of him if he won't be playing in GW29 for maybe a second Chelsea def.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Any Southampton fans or followers have any view on how likely Yoshida will be back to the bench for Lovren from next week. I'd be tempted to get rid of him if he won't be playing in GW29 for maybe a second Chelsea def.

Quick look at the Saints forum and nobody seems to give Yoshida much chance of keeping his place. This would have been my expectation but Poc was paying lip service to Ramirez and Lovren having to earn back their place.

If Yoshida a goner I'm starting to think it may be worth my while taking a hit to get in Olsson, it would give me an 11th for next week and a 10th for GW29 so in theory unless they get a hammering the hit should pay, and with Stoke at home and a trip to Villa who can't score at home it could pay a better return.

Any advice?

Thanks Yoshida, great wee punt returning 22 pts in 4 games for 4m!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Why does RVP have to be so stupidly expensive. Cracking captain choice for 29 + 31.

roryc wrote: »
    Why does RVP have to be so stupidly expensive. Cracking captain choice for 29 + 31.

Price protected an awful lot earlier in the season due to numerous flags. I was cursing it at the time as I always had an eye on him as a differential, but his high cost has turned out to have worked to my advantage.

I think he had something like 800,000 transfers out at one stage and had only dropped 0.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PARlance wrote: »
    Price protected an awful lot earlier in the season due to numerous flags. I was cursing it at the time as I always had an eye on him as a differential, but his high cost has turned out to have worked to my advantage.

I think he had something like 800,000 transfers out at one stage and had only dropped 0.4.
    I thought the price rises/drops were very bad this season. RVP should have been down to bout 12m, Michu should be down bout 7, Benteke about 8, Mata pre-move also. Don't think the new system worked in all cases.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What new system ? It's exactly the same as last season.
    Thought I read somewhere they changed it this year. Anyway, whatever system they are using for calculating increases/decreases.

Away to WBA who've been great at home and WHU who have the best defence in the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Away to WBA who've been great at home and WHU who have the best defence in the league?

United have a double in GW31. And good luck finding a better captain choice for GW29.

• Advertisement

United have a double in GW31. And good luck finding a better captain choice for GW29.

Agree about 29 but there will likely be a lot of teams with double fixtures in 31 including possibly Liverpool who already have Cardiff if I recall. I'd probably be looking at Aguero or SAS that week.

Advertisement