Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Snodgrass or De Guzman ?

+1 for Snodgrass
    Some spirit they showed after going in 1-0 down at the break yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

John Terry has massively underperformed recently in terms of FF returns. Chelsea are constantly looking at a clean sheet after 60 mins, with JT on 3 BP's, only for them to concede and he ends up on 1. He's also hit the bar twice in recent games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Snodgrass or De Guzman ?

Cheers. I was thinking Amalfitino or Arnautovic, but will consider Snodgrass and De Guzman too. Very tough to pick one IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Lionel Messi out for 8 weeks for anyone that plays CL FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So it's a two horse race for the Ballon D'or now. Can't see how anyone other than Ronaldo or Bendtner can win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

roryc wrote: »
    So it's a two horse race for the Ballon D'or now. Can't see how anyone other than Ronaldo or Bendtner can win it.

Ahem, you're forgetting a certain someone......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Phil Jones

Carrick confirmed out for 4-6 weeks so good chance Jones will be deployed in midfield, 5.8m, possible good value over short-term

Ahem, you're forgetting a certain someone......:pac:

Damn straight. John Ruddy all the way baby

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »
    Phil Jones

Carrick confirmed out for 4-6 weeks so good chance Jones will be deployed in midfield, 5.8m, possible good value over short-term

I'll keep an eye on him. I'd have him straight in if United were keeping clean sheets. He scores the odd goal or two as well iirc.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye on him. I'd have him straight in if United were keeping clean sheets. He scores the odd goal or two as well iirc.

Yeah i dunno. I have some other transfers in mind first. Though they did just shut out the league leaders. Just thought i'd put it out there anyway

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah i dunno. I have some other transfers in mind first. Though they did just shut out the league leaders. Just thought i'd put it out there anyway

It's a great shout. I'm just saying I'd be on it like swimwear only United are playing badly at the back (pre Sunday anyway!).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's a great shout. I'm just saying I'd be on it like swimwear only United are playing badly at the back (pre Sunday anyway!).

They have 4 cs in their last 7 games in all competitions. I know the PL is all that matters to us but its something to consider.

They have 4 cs in their last 7 games in all competitions. I know the PL is all that matters to us but its something to consider.

That's a decent stat but it could also be said that they only have 4 in their last ten!

Two of those four came in the CL, 1 in the League Cup and 1 in the League against Arsenal.

What worries me was the week before the Arsenal game and the poor defending against Fulham. Fulham scored one and should have scored more, and they're a terrible side with an even worse manager IMO.

That's a decent stat but it could also be said that they only have 4 in their last ten!

Two of those four came in the CL, 1 in the League Cup and 1 in the League against Arsenal.

What worries me was the week before the Arsenal game and the poor defending against Fulham. Fulham scored one and should have scored more, and they're a terrible side with an even worse manager IMO.

Ye the fulham game was worrying they really took their foot off the gas but they did have to make 3 changes at HT. Im in no rush to get in a utd defender myself as their fixtures arent great for a few weeks. If they look solid after that Ill consider it in a few weeks but they have so many defensive options its a bit of a minefield bar ddg.

Just thinking about Midfielders and Gerrard has actually scored well again so far this season. In his last 5 games he's scored 10, 9, 5, 2, 11. Set plays are key here naturally but he's probably going to score as well if not better than the likes of Coutinho and Nasri if fit.

I've been rather dismissive of him but he's basically another Yaya type player and he may enter my thoughts next week. Suarez's return has boosted Gerrard more than Studge as he scored 3 points at best before Suarez's return. I'm not sure how Cout's return will play out though, he wasn't exactly firing before the injury but Suarez is the key here. I may wait another GW or 2 and see how they all get on but Couts or Stevie could be part of the new SAS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

From my daily googling of James Chester I see on a Hull forum that they dont seem to expect him back till the Swansea game in GW15. Brady expected to be fit for Palace.

Only a forum rumour, so hopefully better official news before the end of the international break....:mad:

Bacuna rising tonight just in case anybody wants a freekick taking wingback classed as a midfielder. More importantly Gary Cahill and Lukaku dropping in price.

But the real news story is AJ's 151 transfers in, come on son just another 12% to go before :pac: Although Hazard and Vlaar are going to rise over the weekend and I may be looking at them in part of a points hit bonanza before December so could force my hand or ride it out and wait which may work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Clint Dempsey going on loan to Villa in January. Wonder what price he'll be at, could be worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KevIRL wrote: »
    Clint Dempsey going on loan to Villa in January. Wonder what price he'll be at, could be worth a punt

He's already in the game, priced at £7.5m. He only left Spurs on the 3rd of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jebforever wrote: »
    He's already in the game, priced at £7.5m. He only left Spurs on the 3rd of August.

ah okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

One to keep an eye on if he plays up too with benteke

Phil Jones picked up an injury for England last night and returned to United so may/may not be fit next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone else keeping tabs on Fellaini? Carrick injured now, fallen 0.7m already this year, and was a great points scorer last year.

I reckon if he gets a good run in that team he'll start scoring points. Just a case of when to pull the trigger.

8-10 wrote: »
    Anyone else keeping tabs on Fellaini? Carrick injured now, fallen 0.7m already this year, and was a great points scorer last year.

I reckon if he gets a good run in that team he'll start scoring points. Just a case of when to pull the trigger.

The simple answer to that question is no. Fellaini hasn't entered my thoughts at all this season and I doubt he ever will.

He scored alot of points for Everton last season in a position I can never see him playing in for United.

8-10 wrote: »

wouldn't go near him Cleverly and jones may well play in midfield ahead of him and he hasnt got a hope of playing in an advanced role at utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭dahat

wouldn't go near him Cleverly and jones may well play in midfield ahead of him and he hasnt got a hope of playing in an advanced role at utd.

Jones is injured also, 3 weeks possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Anyone any update on Chester or myhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87601167&postcount=723

Posted in general thread. Back in full training but i'd be very surprised (and delighted) if he featured this week.

Dunno about Myhill but then I havent been obsessively googling him for a month.:)

• Advertisement

skippy15 wrote: »
    Anyone any update on Chester or myhill?

On Chester from FFS:

Bruce also expects James Chester back in training over the next few days as he steps up his recovery from a hamstring problem. Chester is likely to miss out on this weekend’s home game against Palace, though, due to a lack of match fitness, with his manager somewhat reluctant to hurry him back after the decision to rush Robbie Brady into action after a hernia problem somewhat backfired.

Advertisement