Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

****. Was hoping Brady would be fit for Sunderland (H).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Thinking I'll sell Dawson too, and get back on the spurs defence via Lloris after their fixtures improve. Migs to Begovic the meantime. Not sure what to do about Johnston, was planning on getting him in, but Liverpool defence no longer a must have IMO, while City when Kompany returns are bound to get their act together and have great fixtures for a while. I'd be looking at Kompany and Terry as mainstays, and maybe Johnston with 2 from clyne, rat or Chester. Lloris behind. 3 at back. That should keep me right till Xmas do you think?

if kompany could get a run of games he is a great shout but has been very injury prone of late Id wait till he played 3 games in a row before considering him . Im on johnson for his potential attacking returns as much as defensive returns. With the position he is playing Id put him up there with baines for chances of attacking returns. Liverpools fixtures are decent enough until xmas when they have chelsea and city away. LLoris is an interesting one Im looking for a keeper in 2 weeks time for when I get rid of boruc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    ****. Was hoping Brady would be fit for Sunderland (H).

Is he definitely out then? I thought he was 50-50?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

if kompany could get a run of games he is a great shout but has been very injury prone of late Id wait till he played 3 games in a row before considering him . Im on johnson for his potential attacking returns as much as defensive returns. With the position he is playing Id put him up there with baines for chances of attacking returns. Liverpools fixtures are decent enough until xmas when they have chelsea and city away. LLoris is an interesting one Im looking for a keeper in 2 weeks time for when I get rid of boruc.

Hopefully Kompany's price will drop another bit too.

Lloris idea is that spurs defenders outside vertongen not flowing with attacking returns, and esp with ongoing game time questions over Dawson when rose is fit, you'd need to go to walker to be sure of starts, so I reckon if I'm gonna have to spend the guts of 6m to get in the spurs defence I might as well have Lloris and play him every week, given that spurs are IMO the best defence in the PL and will throw up clean sheets when not expected. Plus he's great on penalties.

Dawson getting a few bonus points lately is food for thought but still think it will work.

James Chester situation beginning to be a pain. Held tight so agrarian, physio room now have return date as 23 Nov, so maybe back for palace at home and missing Sundeland and southampton if that's near accurate. Need to asses the impact of that on my defence plans as transfers scarce, would love to get an official update somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Will Pantillimon become a regular for citeh?

slingerz wrote: »
    Will Pantillimon become a regular for citeh?

Not sure. I have boruc and davis but will be doing davis to pantillimon as If he does lose his place I'll still have boruc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm going to avoid Panti to be honest, I don't think anyone believes for a second he's a better keeper than Hart, in a couple of games time Hart will get the opportunity to redeem himself, if he ****s up again he'll be replaced in January but I'm gonna bide my time and stick with what I have.

I'm going to avoid Panti to be honest, I don't think anyone believes for a second he's a better keeper than Hart, in a couple of games time Hart will get the opportunity to redeem himself, if he ****s up again he'll be replaced in January but I'm gonna bide my time and stick with what I have.

if you can afford the transfer though its not a bad shout. Ill have boruc and panti for a combined 9.4 even if its only for 4 games that he keeps his place it means I can avoid having to play boruc away at arsenal and chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

if you can afford the transfer though its not a bad shout. Ill have boruc and panti for a combined 9.4 even if its only for 4 games that he keeps his place it means I can avoid having to play boruc away at arsenal and chelsea.

Myhill and Boruc have rotated unbelievably well for me over the past number of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Aguero 2 goals and an assist last night. Negredo got a hat trick. Both seem to be in top for right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Lamela and eriksen now at great prices if they start getting regular games. Probably won't be for a while but going on my watch list for the January WC. Lamela in particular is only owned by 3k players so would be an incredible differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Hazard was late for training, this is why he was omitted last night

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/06/chelsea-eden-hazard-schalke-training

I prefer him to Oscar as Michu replacement, I suppose this was just a warning by Mou and he will be back at the weekend but who knows he could start on bench

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

moreau wrote: »
    Hazard was late for training, this is why he was omitted last night

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/06/chelsea-eden-hazard-schalke-training

I prefer him to Oscar as Michu replacement, I suppose this was just a warning by Mou and he will be back at the weekend but who knows he could start on bench

Can I ask why you prefer Hazard? Watching recent games, Oscar had been the better player IMO. Bar his performance against Cardiff, Hazard has been poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Danny Rose could be one to watch when he comes back from injury. Currently 4.8m and owned by less than 15k. These comments from AVB suggest he could be the first choice left back when fit. Cheap way into the Spurs defence, particularly if Dawson's place comes under pressure as a result.

http://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/9012450/Jan-Vertonghen-staying-at-left-back-for-now-says-Andre-Villas-Boas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Danny Rose could be one to watch when he comes back from injury. Currently 4.8m and owned by less than 15k. These comments from AVB suggest he could be the first choice left back when fit. Cheap way into the Spurs defence, particularly if Dawson's place comes under pressure as a result.

http://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/9012450/Jan-Vertonghen-staying-at-left-back-for-now-says-Andre-Villas-Boas

Danny Rose would be superb value at that price except he's an FPL midfielder, that's one less way into the Spurs backline.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Danny Rose would be superb value at that price except he's an FPL midfielder, that's one less way into the Spurs backline.

Ha ha, my bad. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

jma wrote: »
    Aguero 2 goals and an assist last night. Negredo got a hat trick. Both seem to be in top for right now.

The new SAS.

Both forces should be banging them in this weekend against Sunderland and Fulham respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Lemlin wrote: »
    Can I ask why you prefer Hazard? Watching recent games, Oscar had been the better player IMO. Bar his performance against Cardiff, Hazard has been poor.

Yeah going by last year really, hazard can be explosive. I thought hazard looked sharp at the start of the season too but have not really seen much of oscar tbh. I like that he is central though.

Between oscar+toure now, will prob go oscar in the end

Lamela looking dangerous for spurs. If he eventually nails his placwe down he could be good, his price has plumetted from 9m to 7.6m. Spurs quite toothless though so their form would have to pick up too though. Eriksen been v.quiet.

James ward prowse seems to be a guaranteed starter now with southampton, Ramirez is done now. Excellent value at 4.2m, takes some set pieces too. Have lallana the past few weeks who has been good for price rises but not for points since I got him in. Might downgrade to jwp in due course.

• Advertisement

I had ward prowse early on, really rated him and thought he'd keep his place, he seemed to be playing well and I got stung. Tempted by him again, he takes a lot of set pieces where's playing actually from what I've seen. Great price for a starting mid in ad decent team with set pieces if it lasts.

FHFC wrote: »
    I had ward prowse early on, really rated him and thought he'd keep his place, he seemed to be playing well and I got stung. Tempted by him again, he takes a lot of set pieces where's playing actually from what I've seen. Great price for a starting mid in ad decent team with set pieces if it lasts.

Same, got him in with my wildcard and had to ship him 2 weeks later. Then he kicks on again, frustrating.

Goal and assist for lamela since my last post. He looks class

qwabercd wrote: »
    Same, got him in with my wildcard and had to ship him 2 weeks later. Then he kicks on again, frustrating.

Both definite watch list. Southamptons fixtures tough for a while, but if he stays at that price he could free up some cash as a rotation option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hopefully Lamela can work his way into Spurs starting team consistently over the next month while they have their tricky fixtures and then we can swoop. Been keeping an eye on him and his spectacular price drop over the past 2 months. I think he's a cracking young player who just needs time to settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Replacing who? Lennon?

dahat wrote: »
    Replacing who? Lennon?

Lennon hasn't been playing recently so probably siggy. Mad to think they still have chadli to come back too, serious options. But Lamela is their record signing so you'd imagine there will be space for him when he gets going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Siggy's a bastid! In my squad the last two weeks and only made two late substitute appearances. Out he went, Ramsey in. Woulda done this a lot earlier only I had 3 Arsenal players already and had to sort out other parts of my team first.

Siggy ya bastid ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lennon hasn't been playing recently so probably siggy. Mad to think they still have chadli to come back too, serious options. But Lamela is their record signing so you'd imagine there will be space for him when he gets going.

On paper Spurs seem to be full of attacking potential, but I'll be staying well clear of any of their players until they start showing a bit more.
    It'd be interesting to see their season if you take away the penos.
    (You obv have to be attacking to win one, but it's worrying when a teams results are so related to winning them)

Got stung by Eriksen early on, but I ain't bitter (that much ;) ). I've watched them a few times and they seem very limp up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What midfielder would people recommend for £5.9m? I have Ozil, Hazard, Brady and Ward-Prowse. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Paully D wrote: »
    What midfielder would people recommend for £5.9m? I have Ozil, Hazard, Brady and Ward-Prowse. Cheers.

Snodgrass or De Guzman ?

Advertisement