Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Mr. Prodston said it in another thread already but Redmond is good value at 4.6m. He should start most of the games up to January with Pilkington and Snodgrass out.

If I get Rooney next week for Remy I'll have 4.6m to replace Brady with and Redmond is the frontrunner at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Listen carefully. What's that noise? Is it a whisper?

*Kagawa*

Anyway, United played really well last night with Rooney up top leading the line.

*Kagawa played in the hole behind Rooney*

Great support play from the wingers Valencia and Nani who both got in on the scoring act.

*Kagawa played really well in the hole behind Rooney*

Perhaps RVP might even get a bit of a rest before December with the run of games coming up. Jones in midfield looked solid and Giggs rolled back the years.

Kagawa played really well in the hole behind Rooney and is only 7.2*

Rooney with his 4 assists last night does seem bang in form and hopefully it'll continue.

Kagawa played really well in the hole behind Rooney and is only 7.2 and only owned by 23k*

The best thing is AJ was rested last night, so perhaps I'll regret selling him last week, the most creative player in a squad that won 5-0 last night without him, absolute bargain at 5.2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'll tell you something else, Kagawa is the new Royston Drenthe. AVOID

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

*Kagawa played really well in the hole behind Rooney*

;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anybody considering Shane Long as a cheap third striker at £6m? Has decent fixtures over the next 5 and would allow for extra investment in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mr P are you out there? I'm in the market for a sub 5.2m midfielder to fund a transfer I want to make. Thanks to you Jonny Howson is on my radar even though I know absolutely nothing about him, he hasn't stood out in any Norwich highlights I've seen. Are you still sweet on him, has he potential to deliver more than he's done recently?

FFS scout have suggested that Martin Ollson of Norwich(4.2m defender) could be set for a spell on the left side of midfield, favourable fixtures for a defender too.

Mr P are you out there? I'm in the market for a sub 5.2m midfielder to fund a transfer I want to make. Thanks to you Jonny Howson is on my radar even though I know absolutely nothing about him, he hasn't stood out in any Norwich highlights I've seen. Are you still sweet on him, has he potential to deliver more than he's done recently?

But of course my foxy friend :pac:

Not particularly to be honest, if you had your heart set on Norwich I'd go for Redmond considering the lack of wingers and he's now fit again and 4.6 and got an assist at the weekend :pac: In saying that Howson should have had a goal against West Ham (hit bar) and an assist against Newcastle (Redmond blazed a 1 on 1 over the bar after a delicious through ball) so perhaps I'm just a little disappointed he hasn't picked anything up. However I've no doubt in my mind he'll pick up goals throughout the season. Look at the 2 he scored against City away at the end of last season as evidence of that.

I think Howson is a cracking little player but I'll admit defeat as regards to his FPL potential soon after the Palace game unless he were to reward my faith in the next 3 GWs. If I had my choice all over again I'd plump for Redmond 9 times out of 10.

FFS scout have suggested that Martin Ollson of Norwich(4.2m defender) could be set for a spell on the left side of midfield, favourable fixtures for a defender too.

Interesting, do they think Redmond will go out to the right? Or are they suggesting Hoolahan or Elmander may play the other flank? Obviously disregard everything about Redmond if that's the case. I haven't looked at any of Hughton's comments for the weekend yet.

Is Redmond a certain starter? I remember there was a lot of interest in him earlier in the year but haven't paid any attention since,

They had Garrido at LB and Redmond on the right.

• Advertisement

Is Redmond a certain starter? I remember there was a lot of interest in him earlier in the year but haven't paid any attention since,

He got injured coupled with Pilkington returning to fitness. Pilkington is now out until the New Year (6 weeks I believe) and Redmond played last weekend so I assume he's front runner in a team lacking creativity. Was taking most corners and free-kicks in Snodgrass' absence too who's out for a similar length of time.

Norwich have 7-9 players to choose from for the front 6 positions for the foreseeable future.

Howson, Fer, Bradley Johnson, Redmond, Hoolahan, Hooper and Elmander with Olsson and young Josh Murphy to consider too.

Howson and Fer are all but guaranteed to start most games in the middle. Johnson could come in for away games to pack the midfield but I don't rate him at all. Hooper is 1st choice up front with Elmander able to partner him or play out on the right. Redmond offers pace that the rest of the team dont really have(bar your Ollson call which is very reasonable).

Hoolahan has played 14 minutes of EPL since 24th of August. It's hard to know but I would expect Redmond to feature prominently over the coming weeks and in your position would consider him strongly as a very cheap option. Liverpool away on Wed is an issue but for 4.6 you can only benefit.

I think I may take the chance on Ollson instead of Redmond, that will allow me to free myself of Marc Wilson(an OOP player that didn't work out, they never do) and still give me the .3m I need to make my transfer. I was gonna ditch Arnie as he's injured for Saturday but I like him and think I'll hold on, away to Everton is a tough fixture for Stoke either way

Anybody considering Shane Long as a cheap third striker at £6m? Has decent fixtures over the next 5 and would allow for extra investment in midfield.

no.

Aguero
    Suarez
    Rooney
    Lukaku
    Giroud
    Remy
    Sturridge

Not having 3 of these is a bad idea imo. With the BPS for assists not worth as much as in previous seasons, and clean sheets meaning bonus points for defenders too, there's just not a whole lot of value to be had in midfield (admittedly, I've not had Ramsey for 1 second yet). There is buckets of value to be had up front, and the difference in potential points between one of the above + budget midfielder vs Long & Top ££ midfielder is stark.

I wouldn't count on Redmond just yet. Speculation that Pilkington being injured is not but a cover up for an underlying issue the player has at the moment. The increased expectancy that'll be on him to get rid of the beard come the end of the Movember season has proved all to much for the Irish starlet to handle and therefore the player will be given a "weekends rest" to come to terms with the change.

Chris Hughton on SSN; "He loves that beard so he does".

I think I may take the chance on Ollson instead of Redmond, that will allow me to free myself of Marc Wilson(an OOP player that didn't work out, they never do) and still give me the .3m I need to make my transfer. I was gonna ditch Arnie as he's injured for Saturday but I like him and think I'll hold on, away to Everton is a tough fixture for Stoke either way

He's been 1st choice LB anyway so should be playing, you might even have the added luxury of being subbed before the 90 which could aid clean sheets if plays in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I know alot about Ollson from his time at Blackburn and he's a cracking little player. Very speedy and good for the odd goal or assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chester not back yet, not that you'd be playin him this week. But getting there. https://mobile.twitter.com/hullcityteam/status/406398488402882560

If Baines were also to leave somebody like Bryan Oveido could become very good value but certainly not at the moment.

Don't say ye weren't told :pac:

Once again Aaron Ramsey has ruined my Saturday/weekend, I'm thinking of biting the bullet now:o, if Mr P sells Mickey T then surely all bets are off re rash promises made around here.

Interesting fact, there were 290 posts on this thread and the season was 2 games underway before Aaron Ramsey was even mentioned on this thread. How many people had him in from week one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Once again Aaron Ramsey has ruined my Saturday/weekend, I'm thinking of biting the bullet now:o, if Mr P sells Mickey T then surely all bets are off re rash promises made around here.

Interesting fact, there were 290 posts on this thread and the season was 2 games underway before Aaron Ramsey was even mentioned on this thread. How many people had him in from week one?

Not me anyway, but I'll have him by this time tomorrow. He's going to be rested for midweek but I just can't take the chance any more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »
    Not me anyway, but I'll have him by this time tomorrow. He's going to be rested for midweek but I just can't take the chance any more

The form he's in he'll still come on and score. Last time he was rested he came on for injured Flamini and got two. Think it was against Norwich.

I'm backtracking slightly now, I'm gonna hold off on Ramsey till after the Chelsea fixture in 4 games time, that was kinda my plan all along and the rumour circulating here about him getting a rest in midweek have nearly decided it for me. I already have Townend, Mirallas and Arnie in my midfield so I'll need guaranteed starters for Wednesday. Coutinho will be a target depending on how he does today, looking at Bannan from palace to fund it, is he safe in that team with the new boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I'm backtracking slightly now, I'm gonna hold off on Ramsey till after the Chelsea fixture in 4 games time, that was kinda my plan all along and the rumour circulating here about him getting a rest in midweek have nearly decided it for me. I already have Townend, Mirallas and Arnie in my midfield so I'll need guaranteed starters for Wednesday. Coutinho will be a target depending on how he does today, looking at Bannan from palace to fund it, is he safe in that team with the new boss?

That Palace v West Ham game means we can't even wait to see the Arsenal team sheet for mid week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I plan on bringing Ollsen in for Reid, debating Ramsey at a four point hit for Brady but will wait if he's likely to be benched midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

roryc wrote: »
    I plan on bringing Ollsen in for Reid, debating Ramsey at a four point hit for Brady but will wait if he's likely to be benched midweek.

Why Olsson out of curiosity? WB have kept 3 clean sheets so far since Myhill came in for Foster.. against Palace, Sunderland and Stoke..

Doesn't seem like great value at 4.9

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

He probably means the Norwich olsson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

KevIRL wrote: »
    He probably means the Norwich olsson

Ah I didn't realise there was another one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Danger781 wrote: »
    Ah I didn't realise there was another one :pac:

Mary-Kate and Ashley ;)

PARlance wrote: »
    Mary-Kate and Ashley ;)

Woof woof woof!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chester likely to return tonight, have held onto him grimly, taking 0.2 in drops. Should be a happy day, but looking at their home fixtures ahead I fear it may be time to swap him for a palace defender....:mad::mad:

Advertisement