Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RVP or Bale? - The Big Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Both
    Soldados signing was the key for me in getting rid of rvp ill wildcard him in for gw4 though

Makes perfect sense in fairness

Who are your other two stikers out of interest?

Both
    roryc wrote: »
    Who's this Rat guy? £5m is a bit much for a WH defender that doesn't attack.

Yeah would prefer collins @ 4.5 but not sure if he will be a regular starter.

I like defences under Big Sam, had Jussi all last year. WH have nice opening fixtures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

The problem with going without RVP is with 40% ownership if he starts well then you are playing catch up straight away in most of your leagues. I don't have him or Bale at the moment but I'm not sure that will be the case come 11.31 saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Neither
    Weetabix wrote: »
    The problem with going without RVP is with 40% ownership if he starts well then you are playing catch up straight away in most of your leagues. I don't have him or Bale at the moment but I'm not sure that will be the case come 11.31 saturday.

if it wasn't a dgw it would be a huge risk but no-one is going to captain RVP, so even if he scored a hat trick (which he won't) people will only get 17 points, i know that's still a lot but when you take the doubling of scores out of the equation it's not as big a gamble.

realistically, united away to swansea, i can't see united scoring more than 2.and there's no guarantee RVP will get both. i'd say a likely haul for RVP this weekend would be between 5 and 11 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Both
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    if it wasn't a dgw it would be a huge risk but no-one is going to captain RVP, so even if he scored a hat trick (which he won't) people will only get 17 points, i know that's still a lot but when you take the doubling of scores out of the equation it's not as big a gamble.

realistically, united away to swansea, i can't see united scoring more than 2.and there's no guarantee RVP will get both. i'd say a likely haul for RVP this weekend would be between 5 and 11 points.

Bookmarked;)

• Advertisement

Neither
    Bookmarked;)

ha ha, as a united fan i'll happily stand corrected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Both
    RVP getting 2 points against Swansea would be delightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Neither
    moreau wrote: »
    Makes perfect sense in fairness

Who are your other two stikers out of interest?

negredo and anelka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

if it wasn't a dgw it would be a huge risk but no-one is going to captain RVP...
    Probably a silly question but why wouldn't you have RVP as captain?

Neither
    Reekwind wrote: »

because hazard has 2 games and rvp only has 1

• Advertisement

Neither
    Reekwind wrote: »

because hazard has 2 games and rvp only has 1

what he said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Neither
    Is anybody starting with Welbeck?

Might be damage limitation if you are worried that RVP gets a big points haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ice87 wrote: »
    Is anybody starting with Welbeck?

Might be damage limitation if you are worried that RVP gets a big points haul.

Think you need a cold shower...

Neither
    dahat wrote: »
    Think you need a cold shower...

an ice bath for ice87

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Both
    I'm still not taking RvP. As previous posters have stated, there is a better chance his price will go down rather than up with the ownership percentage. And unless he drops by about 0.5m (hopefully he'll pick up an 8 week injury vs Swansea :pac:) I can't see myself getting him in.

Just doing the maths, atm I've got Goldado, as my main striker. To get in RvP, just for example, I will have to downgrade a ~9.0m by 2m and my 6.5 & 6.0 defender to 5.0m defenders.

By downgrading my midfielder, and by picking the best ~7.0m midf from last year, I stand to lose in and around 30 points over the course of the season.
    Going by last year, a 6m + 6.5m defender will bag you ~270 points, whereas the 2 5m defenders will get you ~200-220 points, if you pick well, losing you 60 points lets say.

That's a total loss of 90 points.

I'm expecting Goldado to get around 200 points (20 league goals plus a few assists) give or take. RvP got 262 points last year (scoring 26 with 15 assists), and unless he betters that, which taking into account the new bonus points system is unlikely, there's a point gain of 60.

I know there are different ways of changing around your team, but that would be one of the more likely ways some one would change their team. And I know a lot of it is speculation, that's the game though, opinions to the contrary would have the same basis, it just comes down to your opinion. That's my opinion, and I know everyone (or possibly anyone!) won't agree with it.

That's why I'm not going with RvP, I don't think his price justifies sacrificing the rest of my team. Anyone going with Bale and RvP is mad altogether. If RvP is scoring freely, I'll have to get him in, but I think Goldado, at 4.5m cheaper, and pretty much the sole striker at Spurs, is a better option. 4.5m in the price of a Mickey Turner for Christ's sake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

THFC wrote: »
    I'm still not taking RvP. As previous posters have stated, there is a better chance his price will go down rather than up with the ownership percentage. And unless he drops by about 0.5m (hopefully he'll pick up an 8 week injury vs Swansea :pac:) I can't see myself getting him in.

Just doing the maths, atm I've got Goldado, as my main striker. To get in RvP, just for example, I will have to downgrade a ~9.0m by 2m and my 6.5 & 6.0 defender to 5.0m defenders.

By downgrading my midfielder, and by picking the best ~7.0m midf from last year, I stand to lose in and around 30 points over the course of the season.
    Going by last year, a 6m + 6.5m defender will bag you ~270 points, whereas the 2 5m defenders will get you ~200-220 points, if you pick well, losing you 60 points lets say.

That's a total loss of 90 points.

I'm expecting Goldado to get around 200 points (20 league goals plus a few assists) give or take. RvP got 262 points last year (scoring 26 with 15 assists), and unless he betters that, which taking into account the new bonus points system is unlikely, there's a point gain of 60.

I know there are different ways of changing around your team, but that would be one of the more likely ways some one would change their team. And I know a lot of it is speculation, that's the game though, opinions to the contrary would have the same basis, it just comes down to your opinion. That's my opinion, and I know everyone (or possibly anyone!) won't agree with it.

That's why I'm not going with RvP, I don't think his price justifies sacrificing the rest of my team. Anyone going with Bale and RvP is mad altogether. If RvP is scoring freely, I'll have to get him in, but I think Goldado, at 4.5m cheaper, and pretty much the sole striker at Spurs, is a better option. 4.5m in the price of a Mickey Turner for Christ's sake :pac:

The captaincy of RVP most weeks doubles the difference though, he will probably score highly more often than most so the difference is double? You will probably rotate your captaincy without RVP, the old Lady Luck then plays a bigger part

Neither
    who's goldado? hard to keep up with all these new signings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Both
    Soldado .

Neither
    Jax Teller wrote: »
    Soldado .

ha yeah i knew who he meant, just don't really get the goldado and jellyfish things? alright if your 6 or 7 years old, otherwise, soldado and Jelavic are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Both
    Interesting point of views on RVP on FFS:
    http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2013/08/14/the-burning-question-would-bales-departure-make-van-persie-essential/

No-one really thinks he's essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Approaching D-Day this really sums up where we probably all are with RVP

rock-and-a-hard-place-o.gif

Some of us will be brave and go without while other will sacrifice 2 or three decent bets just to have his security. All of us are stuck between a rock and a hard place and it's really 50/50 as to who wins :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 shalahala

Both
    I dont think its 50/50

Both
    ha yeah i knew who he meant, just don't really get the goldado and jellyfish things? alright if your 6 or 7 years old, otherwise, soldado and Jelavic are fine.
    What's the weather like up there?

Neither
    What's the weather like up there?

bit cloudy but i reckon the rain will hold off, yourself?

Both
    bit cloudy but i reckon the rain will hold off, yourself?
    I doubt it ever rains up there.

Neither
    I doubt it ever rains up there.

rains a lot as it happens, anyway we won't keep clogging up the thread, i was making a bit of fun of your nicknames, you didn't like it. time to let the rest back to their footy chat.

Both
    rains a lot as it happens, anyway we won't keep clogging up the thread, i was making a bit of fun of your nicknames, you didn't like it. time to let the rest back to their footy chat.
    I don't mind people taking the piss, it's when they turn into a start being condescending is when I don't like it. But yea, let's leave it here.

Neither
    I don't mind people taking the piss, it's when they turn into a start being condescending is when I don't like it. But yea, let's leave it here.

i'm certainly not a condescending person, my comment might have came across a bit arsey depending on the way it was read but that's the problem with text, you don't always get the person's tone. I meant it in a taking the piss way but reading back on it I can see how it'd look a bit arsey too.

anyway, yep we'll leave it there.

going back to the thread title, I now have neiter Bale or RVP but do have the spare cash to get RVP in when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Hey, are Lemlin and Rory C masquerading as THFC and Hogey during their week ban?!?

• Advertisement

Both
    Off RVP. Final decision, early WC the main reason

Advertisement