Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RVP or Bale? - The Big Question

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

moreau wrote: »
    Off RVP. Final decision, early WC the main reason

Ah crap I just went into detail explaining RVP and all the other intricacies of my team and you go and say that :pac:

Are you still on J-Rod or how're you shaping up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Both
    Ah crap I just went into detail explaining RVP and all the other intricacies of my team and you go and say that :pac:

Are you still on J-Rod or how're you shaping up now?

I know what u mean, such a marginal decision.

Nope all out with 3 chelsea players and a load of home players with gw3 in mind

I just think now is not the time to be cagey, I am usually a very low risk player and will be for the rest of the season

Early WC most likely after GW3 as busts and others hane described

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Neither

I just think now is not the time to be cagey, I am usually a very low risk player and will be for the rest of the season

whats the team now. Was all set with my team but thinking of jigging it around again had actually gone 48 hours without changing it which was a record.

I'm the opposite with just Hazard in my squad. Still 12 hours to reconsider everything I guess. RVP could be out of my team yet. On the flip side of Chelsea if they falter and RVP were to score a few I'd be laughing.

The chances are I will WC early but don't want to feel like I have no choice. This bloody game! Time to sit down with a cuppa methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Neither
    I'm the opposite with just Hazard in my squad. Still 12 hours to reconsider everything I guess. RVP could be out of my team yet. On the flip side of Chelsea if they falter and RVP were to score a few I'd be laughing.

The chances are I will WC early but don't want to feel like I have no choice. This bloody game! Time to sit down with a cuppa methinks.

i already mentioned this a few times but I built my team with RVP and then transferred him out and kept the money there, my thinking, with 44% ownership it's likely his price will only go one way, down, he'd need to score 2 or 3 today for his price to rise but if that happens i'll have the cash and fiso to get him in before any rise and the loss of points from not having him today won't be too bad as no-one will (or no one should) have him captained with the chelsea dgw.

it only just dawned on me though, if bale does stay, we'd want to be getting bale in straight away if he stays because with such low ownership his price will rocket.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Bugger

Neither
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    i already mentioned this a few times but I built my team with RVP and then transferred him out and kept the money there, my thinking, with 44% ownership it's likely his price will only go one way, down, he'd need to score 2 or 3 today for his price to rise but if that happens i'll have the cash and fiso to get him in before any rise and the loss of points from not having him today won't be too bad as no-one will (or no one should) have him captained with the chelsea dgw.

it only just dawned on me though, if bale does stay, we'd want to be getting bale in straight away if he stays because with such low ownership his price will rocket.

this particular strategy didn't take into account koscielny being sent off and cuellar not being first choice, along with the failed morrison gamble.

Neither
    well there's what i get for trying to be clever! watch negredo come on for a 1 pointer to really compound my silly decision.
    he's def not gonna drop in price now, if he doesn't get the hat trick i might get away with a price increase?? prob not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Neither
    dahat wrote: »
    Think you need a cold shower...

This is why you don't listen to people on the internet...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ice87 wrote: »

Was waiting for that comment to be quoted.

• Advertisement

Neither
    right so RVP was selected by 1,090,000 people. am i right in saying he needs 109,000 transfers in (net) to rise .1?

Neither
    Ice87 wrote: »

i mocked u too ice but fair play turned out to be a great call.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ooooooooohhhh Robin Van Persie! Ooooooooohhhh Robin Van Persie!

I f*cking love this guy.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Neither
    Ooooooooohhhh Robin Van Persie! Ooooooooohhhh Robin Van Persie!

I f*cking love this guy.

He's absolute GOLD!!!!

I talked myself out of him. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Both
    I put RVP in my team and benched Coleman , its like eating cake and finding a hair in it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Both
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    right so RVP was selected by 1,090,000 people. am i right in saying he needs 109,000 transfers in (net) to rise .1?

No that's not how it works . This is a little of out date but still a good read .
    http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498.html

Neither
    Jax Teller wrote: »
    No that's not how it works . This is a little of out date but still a good read .
    http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498.html

thanks for that, a couple of things in it I didn't know and a lot in it I had forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

So Benteke and Soldado outscored rvp and anelka. discuss

Neither
    kennyb3 wrote: »
    So Benteke and Soldado outscored rvp and anelka. discuss

good point. I'd certainly expect sturridge and soldado to outscore rvp and anelka. The captaincy issue though is what draws me to rvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

good point. I'd certainly expect sturridge and soldado to outscore rvp and anelka. The captaincy issue though is what draws me to rvp.

Same here tbh just not yet and wanted to highlight the fact there was too much panic yesterday.

• Advertisement

Van Persie saved my week from near disaster but I'd have probably had 2 from Benteke/Giroud/Negredo/Dzeko/Sturridge so would have worked out ok either way. Will be keeping RVP after this week all the same :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

I didn't have RVP. But I did have Terry, Soldado, Colman, Dzeko and Mignolet. They would have been the players I would have Downgraded to get RVP. (Plan was Mignolet to Vorm (0.5m for a -14 pts hit) Colman to Shaw (0.5m for a -1pt hit) Terry to Chester (2.0m for a -6pt hit) Dzeko to Hooper (1m for a TBC but Hooper scored 0). Then I would have swapped Soldado for RVP (4m to gain 3pts). My other Striker is Lukaku but I was keeping him because of the DWG. I also had 0.5 in the bank and that would have made up the 4.5M I needed to swap Soldado for RVP.

So to have RVP it would have cost me AT LEAST (Dezko and Terry's second game pending) 18 pts. Today I'm on 67 points and 2nd in my work league. The guy ahead of me doesn't have RVP either.

Overall I'm happy with the approach that RVP will be top scorer but not by enough to justify the 14m price. I had the alternative planned out and I did nearly panic at 10am on Saturday morning but I'm happy now. There will be good weeks and bad weeks but on balance I'm confident that the better strategy is definately to spread around the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Both
    touts wrote: »
    I didn't have RVP. But I did have Terry, Soldado, Colman, Dzeko and Mignolet. They would have been the players I would have Downgraded to get RVP. (Plan was Mignolet to Vorm (0.5m for a -14 pts hit) Colman to Shaw (0.5m for a -1pt hit) Terry to Chester (2.0m for a -6pt hit) Dzeko to Hooper (1m for a TBC but Hooper scored 0). Then I would have swapped Soldado for RVP (4m to gain 3pts). My other Striker is Lukaku but I was keeping him because of the DWG. I also had 0.5 in the bank and that would have made up the 4.5M I needed to swap Soldado for RVP.

So to have RVP it would have cost me AT LEAST (Dezko and Terry's second game pending) 18 pts. Today I'm on 67 points and 2nd in my work league. The guy ahead of me doesn't have RVP either.

Overall I'm happy with the approach that RVP will be top scorer but not by enough to justify the 14m price. I had the alternative planned out and I did nearly panic at 10am on Saturday morning but I'm happy now. There will be good weeks and bad weeks but on balance I'm confident that the better strategy is definately to spread around the cash.

Exactly, just because RvP scored big doesn't mean he was the better option, although he probably was if he was captained this GW.

For RvP to be the better option all season he needs to score ~300 points over the season, and be scoring or assisting all week. To better that he needs to improve on his 26 goals and 15 assists from last season (he got 262 last season), plus all the 3 BPs he was getting. I can't see him bettering that, especially with the new BP system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

But you have to consider that you would captain RVP most weeks, that's a key part of his value.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

SantryRed wrote: »
    But you have to consider that you would captain RVP most weeks, that's a key part of his value.

Exactly. Consistency, even if there are a few 2 pointers thrown in there, it's far less than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Both

But that's my whole point, if you have him he must be your captain, and he must score well every week. That's the drawbacks of spending 14m on a player. It doesn't leave any room for error. If/When United or RvP go on a bad run, you'll be affected more than anyone else. Having a well rounded team avoids this possibility (inevitability?).

I've already gone through the maths of it, and that was being generous on the side of RvP and he still didn't come out favourably. The BPs system has also changed this year, which favours defenders more, so unless he scores or assists it's unlikely he'll get BPs.

At the end of the day everything in this game is a risk. Having RvP is a risk, but so too is not having him. It comes down to your opinion on the matter. Personally, I think he's not worth the risk as there are more reasons against than there are for, but that's just my point of view. He's hot now, but that will not last for much longer, there's only 2 players in the world that score more goals than games, and neither of them are in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Good point. But if I add that into my calculations from above and I had RVP as Captain instead of Hazard I would have gained 12pts and lost 3. So I'm still 9 points up from not having RVP and thats before Dzeko plays tonight. And it excludes the DWG points and also assumes that you would not captain a DWG player which would be a big call.

I'm still confident that spreading the cash across the team rather than focusing on RVP is the best strategy.

Advertisement