Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RVP or Bale? - The Big Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i'd say a very slim chance but not 'no chance in hell'. if madrid do splash out 85 million on bale they need to recoup a lot of cash, as i said, that may come from selling a few players like modric and pepe, but they may also decide to sell ronaldo, who despite his outrageous goalscoring record has never really been taking in by the fans. if ronaldo were to leave united would be clear favourites to sign him given his history with them and he's shown clear affection to them since.
    the glazers don't like to spend big, but they're not stupid either, they know the type of revenue a player like ronaldo would bring in and also that united need to stay at the top for their money to roll in, if they were willing to spend 35 odd million on cesc, which now looks unlikely, and will get about 30 million for rooney, i'm sure they could come up with another few million for a player like ronaldo if madrid were willing to sell.

it's a big if, i'd say the chances of him leaving madrid this summer are 5-10%, but if he were to leave, i'd say united being the club he'd go to would be about 75% likely.
    Chance of him leaving madrid this summer, none. Chance of him joining united IF he were to leave Madrid, less than 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Neither
    kippy wrote: »
    Chance of him leaving madrid this summer, none. Chance of him joining united IF he were to leave Madrid, less than 10%.

at this point you just agree to disagree and move on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

at this point you just agree to disagree and move on :D

The chance of having Ronaldo in my team if he did would be 100% :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ronaldo only has two years left on his contract with Real - if that isn't extended soon Real will be looking to offload him before he can A) talk to any team, B) leave on a Bosman.

If Real get Bale then it is very likely that will have to be funded somehow.
    Ronaldos' wages alone could be then offset to pay Bales wages.

I realise there are a lot of ifs, but never say never.

It's funny, in the last 2 days I've begun leaning back towards RVP even if Bale stays in the league. My biggest problem is my contingency plan to bring Bale back in results in getting rid of Hazard and Mirallas. Needs further thought I reckon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's funny, in the last 2 days I've begun leaning back towards RVP even if Bale stays in the league. My biggest problem is my contingency plan to bring Bale back in results in getting rid of Hazard and Mirallas. Needs further thought I reckon :pac:

I have a team at the moment with Bale in it, three cheap players, Lukaku + 6million to bring in RVP after the dgw.

Seriously considering it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Both
    RVP is class and i'd like to have in my team, but i just can't justify 14m, that and i don't believe he'll repeat the feats of the last two seasons. No Fergie at United, he's going on 30, i just don't see him doing AS well this season. Steering clear. Will be invested most heavily in my midfield, imo there's just so many fantastic options there with alot of them playing as wing-forwards or the "role in the hole"

Neither
    sky sources say Madrid offered 85 million for bale last week.
    seems now like it's not a question of if Bale is going, but how much can spurs get? even if they had champions league football this season they wouldn't have kept him once Madrid came calling.

so assuming he goes, what are people doing now? are the people who hadn't got RVP going to get him? or just pump the bale money elsewhere in your team? have 4 strong midfielders?

Both
    sky sources say Madrid offered 85 million for bale last week.
    seems now like it's not a question of if Bale is going, but how much can spurs get? even if they had champions league football this season they wouldn't have kept him once Madrid came calling.

so assuming he goes, what are people doing now? are the people who hadn't got RVP going to get him? or just pump the bale money elsewhere in your team? have 4 strong midfielders?

i'd probly get him if that becomes the case

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Both
    If Bale goes im putting José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior or Nacer Chadli in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If Bale goes the game becomes alot more interesting. The default captain choice most weeks is gone.

I think he'll definitely go.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Both
    Lemlin wrote: »
    If Bale goes the game becomes alot more interesting. The default captain choice most weeks is gone.

Being a Spurs fan im hoping he dont but your right it would become more interesting FF wise .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Both
    If Bale goes I reckon I'd leave RVP out and just hope he doesn't wreak havoc in the first few weeks.

Soldado would be a cert for me provided he's 9m or less. Chadli too will be very tempting.

I don't think rvp is worth 14m. However you do lose out on the easy week in week out captaincy decision. In his absence I'd likely rotate captaincy between the likes of hazard, walcott and soldado, who will be a lot less consistent.

Ideal scenario - rvp has a quiet first few weeks, then bring him in after his price drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Both

I'd disagree. With bale, you'll have some teams with just bale, some teams with rvp and bale and some teams (to a lesser extent) with just rvp. The captaincy choice would also vary between the two depending on the fixture (and form). With bale gone, virtually everybody will have rvp, and the captaincy decision really will be default.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RVP will hit massive ownership when Bale goes,anyone care to guess?

60% i'd say on GW1.........

Both
    i reckon Bale might stay at Spurs for one more season, with the agreement he's let leave for Madrid next summer

If Bale goes 9 times out of 10 RVP wins the replacement battle I reckon. Of course that's a made up statistic but may not be too much of an exaggeration all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Both
    qwabercd wrote: »
    I'd disagree. With bale, you'll have some teams with just bale, some teams with rvp and bale and some teams (to a lesser extent) with just rvp. The captaincy choice would also vary between the two depending on the fixture (and form). With bale gone, virtually everybody will have rvp, and the captaincy decision really will be default.

Totally agree. Wouldn't say captaincy is default over the first few weeks but it definitely makes the game a lot less interesting. Most will have RVP.

On the Bale saga, hes now 2/5 to leave before GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,278 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

90% of people will have RvP if Bale goes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

qwabercd wrote: »

My hope is RVP doesn't justify his price.

You're then left with the likes of Soldado, Negredo, Hazard etc. to battle it out.

For me, I'll be planning my team without Bale now as I don't think there's a hope in hell of him staying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Neither
    Bale leaving will ruin the game this year, the same way rvp moving to utd ruined it last year. Last year it was rvp or rooney then rvp moved to utd and that wasnt an issue anymore. It will be the same if bale goes far too easy to pick a strong team.

Bale leaving will ruin the game this year, the same way rvp moving to utd ruined it last year. Last year it was rvp or rooney then rvp moved to utd and that wasnt an issue anymore. It will be the same if bale goes far too easy to pick a strong team.

I really cannot see a situation (if the figures being quoted in the past few days are even half accurate) that bale wont end up at Madrid.

I dont think it will "ruin" the game at all. It's not as if it gives the power to one person to win if he leaves. And there's no such thing as being "easy" to pick a strong team. Strong teams can change from week to week.
    It's about picking the form player at the right time and ideally spotting a player who will come into form before anyone else does. Then there's spotting teams fixtures, player price rises, knowing when to sell and that old gem; the rub of the green.

Lots of teams had RVP last year for the whole season and didn't do to well (see the trend)
    There are lots of current and newly transferred players that cam into the PL in the past few months that have the potential to outscore what bale did last year.

Neither
    I really cannot see a situation (if the figures being quoted in the past few days are even half accurate) that bale wont end up at Madrid.

I dont think it will "ruin" the game at all. It's not as if it gives the power to one person to win if he leaves. And there's no such thing as being "easy" to pick a strong team. Strong teams can change from week to week.
    It's about picking the form player at the right time and ideally spotting a player who will come into form before anyone else does. Then there's spotting teams fixtures, player price rises, knowing when to sell and that old gem; the rub of the green.

Lots of teams had RVP last year for the whole season and didn't do to well (see the trend)
    There are lots of current and newly transferred players that cam into the PL in the past few months that have the potential to outscore what bale did last year.

I always prefer the game when there are a good few players priced really high. Bale and rvp are the only two. Seasons gone by you would have gerrard, lampard, fabregas, ronaldo as mids all 10 -14 million. Drogba, rooney, torres all comfortably over 10 million. Last season you could pretty much have any player you wanted and if bale goes it will be much the same this year. Obviously there are the variables you mentioned to take into account but with the likes of this forum and fantasy football scout there are an awful lot of similar teams. Last years jan wildcard was ridiculous a huge % of teams had the 5 form midfielders and rvp and suarez. The game is always best when you cant have all the players you want and the potential for lots of different strategies.

I always prefer the game when there are a good few players priced really high. Bale and rvp are the only two. Seasons gone by you would have gerrard, lampard, fabregas, ronaldo as mids all 10 -14 million. Drogba, rooney, torres all comfortably over 10 million. Last season you could pretty much have any player you wanted and if bale goes it will be much the same this year. Obviously there are the variables you mentioned to take into account but with the likes of this forum and fantasy football scout there are an awful lot of similar teams. Last years jan wildcard was ridiculous a huge % of teams had the 5 form midfielders and rvp and suarez. The game is always best when you cant have all the players you want and the potential for lots of different strategies.

The game is best when you are doing well.

There are always lots of similiar teams but over the course of a season there are a serious amount of "differentials".
    But those players are that price for a reason (generally last seasons form)
    There will be at least two or three players in the price range below that that will do far better than their price might suggest, as happens EVERY year.

Neither
    The game is best when you are doing well.

There are always lots of similiar teams but over the course of a season there are a serious amount of "differentials".
    But those players are that price for a reason (generally last seasons form)
    There will be at least two or three players in the price range below that that will do far better than their price might suggest, as happens EVERY year.

It does happen every year but I prefer the years when you cant fit in all the top players with all those bargain players. For example it was never really possible to have ronaldo gerrard lampard henry and drogba in the same team even though you wanted them all. Last year was the easiest year to fit all the players you wanted into a team and it was for me my least enjoyable of my 5/6 years playing the game. The game was shaping up well this year with the bale camp, the rvp camp, the bale and rvp camp and the neither camp. If bale goes teams will be very similar as the 2nd dearest player in the game is gone. It was the same last year as rooney the second dearest player more or less wasnt an option once rvp was signed.

It does happen every year but I prefer the years when you cant fit in all the top players with all those bargain players. For example it was never really possible to have ronaldo gerrard lampard henry and drogba in the same team even though you wanted them all. Last year was the easiest year to fit all the players you wanted into a team and it was for me my least enjoyable of my 5/6 years playing the game. The game was shaping up well this year with the bale camp, the rvp camp, the bale and rvp camp and the neither camp. If bale goes teams will be very similar as the 2nd dearest player in the game is gone. It was the same last year as rooney the second dearest player more or less wasnt an option once rvp was signed.

Last year was the same for me but that was because it was my worst points total since the game began.

Neither
    Last year was the same for me but that was because it was my worst points total since the game began.

Id a decent year but Id prefer to have to pick between bale, walcott and mata for example rather than just be able to have all 3. I think it requires a more strategic approach to the game. Different strokes for different folks though.

Id a decent year but Id prefer to have to pick between bale, walcott and mata for example rather than just be able to have all 3. I think it requires a more strategic approach to the game. Different strokes for different folks though.

Mata seems to be priced out of things though out at 10.5 especially with Hazard the million cheaper. I don't think he's a viable option until he price drops to at least 10 which I think it might. On 18% ownership which will hopefully rise before GW1 when he won't really be involved. Could see a drop there hopefully

Neither
    i think i might actually start the season without RVP now with Bale going, as daft as that sounds, he has 36% ownership and if bale goes i'd expect that to go to 50%+,
    if RVP doesn't hit the ground running those people will sell in their thousands.

if he does hit the ground running it'll still be hard for him to rise in price quick with such high ownership but i'll keep a check on fiso anyway.

so what i'm toying with is, putting in negredo/aguero, or someone else with nice opening fixtures, keeping the money there to upgrade to RVP and maybe get him a bit cheaper?

i wouldn't be captaining RVP in week 1 anyway and doubt anyway will with the dgw so not as big a risk to not have him for week 1.

will see as the season gets closer and the striker options become clearer.

• Advertisement

Neither
    i think i might actually start the season without RVP now with Bale going, as daft as that sounds, he has 36% ownership and if bale goes i'd expect that to go to 50%+,
    if RVP doesn't hit the ground running those people will sell in their thousands.

if he does hit the ground running it'll still be hard for him to rise in price quick with such high ownership but i'll keep a check on fiso anyway.

so what i'm toying with is, putting in negredo/aguero, or someone else with nice opening fixtures, keeping the money there to upgrade to RVP and maybe get him a bit cheaper?

i wouldn't be captaining RVP in week 1 anyway and doubt anyway will with the dgw so not as big a risk to not have him for week 1.

will see as the season gets closer and the striker options become clearer.

thats good logic but up till Gw 3 I'd imagine most people will be transferring out chelsea players which should protect rvps price from falling somewhat and then gw4 v palace is when you will want him as capt. Still may go without him myself till gw 4 (when I wildcard) because as you say with high ownership his price shouldn't rise.

Advertisement