Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

My team...any constuctive advice welcomed

Guzan

Evra
    Ashley williams
    Colman

Hazard
    Jarvis
    Gibson
    Bellamy
    Bale

RVP
    van wolfswinkel

Subs-Davis ,Rangel,debuchy,anelka

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Negredo has come in at the perfect price of £9.5. I can now slot him in up top and bring Hart back in. I've a lot of money spent at the back but think it will pay dividends over the first few gameweeks and would prefer to have a £5m midfielder and strong back line over an £8m midfielder and weak defence. I expect Hart to continue on from last year, bagging me an average of 4-4.5 PPG.

Slight worry about Pellegrini rotating between Negredo and Jovatic though. The latter comes in at £22m so will not be a bench warmer. Dzeko might aswell pack his bags.

2vjcxh2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

RVW or Bony? I want one or the other. RVW is cheaper, but I'm a bit unsure on how the rest of Nowrich will help him. There's more talent in Swansea's 11 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Isn't Sturridge out injured?

Yep but like I said all 3 forward places are up for grabs, will be looking at Negredo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Changed to fit in Negredo

fpl2013.png

• Advertisement

Strange team.

Are Tremmel, Robles and Jenkinson first choice? Collins not a bad pick at £4.5m, West Ham are probably one of the favourites to keep clean sheets in their opening fixtures. I would have Terry or Zabaleta over Enrique but there's not much in it. Crazy move with no Mata/Hazard though, you should get destroyed if Chelsea have a DGW. 2 Chelsea to start with are a minimum IMO.

Strikers are fine.

roryc wrote: »
    Strange team.

Are Tremmel, Robles and Jenkinson first choice? Collins not a bad pick at £4.5m, West Ham are probably one of the favourites to keep clean sheets in their opening fixtures. I would have Terry or Zabaleta over Enrique but there's not much in it. Crazy move with no Mata/Hazard though, you should get destroyed if Chelsea have a DGW. 2 Chelsea to start with are a minimum IMO.

Strikers are fine.

At the end of the day you're never going to fit everybody in. And there's no Chelsea dgw confirmed. The 3 you mentioned seem to be getting game time in pre-season

Yeah ofc. Whether or not Chelsea have a double will have a big impact on teams.

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah ofc. Whether or not Chelsea have a double will have a big impact on teams.

Perhaps, but i wouldn't expect the same monster scores from last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Without RVP...

Yz4SFt1.jpg

With RVP...
    4Zom4J0.jpg

• Advertisement

More importantly both without Bale! I really think it's an unnecessary risk not having Bale. If he was £13m I could understand but he's £2m less than RVP and scored more points per minute played than the Dutchman. Added to the fact that Spurs have a good run at the start. United have a shocking run of fixtures to begin with, AND they have a new manager for the first time since the 80's. RVP is odds on to be top goalscorer this season but this has more to do with the fact that he doesn't really have any challengers yet, with City signing new strikers, Suarez banned and Rooney on the move.

Having both is debateable, and you are taking a risk by doing it, but if RVP continues his form and you captain him it should pay off. Not having Bale is an unnecessary risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

1WDDlnV.jpg

really like that tbh...

1mcampo1 wrote: »

really like that tbh...

Why do you have a £5m sub keeper? You're just wasting £0.5m that can be used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

My attempt to fit in both Bale and RVP:

Speroni
    McGregor (38 game rotation albeit from bottom half at least sides)

Coleman
    Turner
    Collins
    Clyne
    McNaughton (or some other 4m bench warmer that plays 90 each week)

Hazard
    Bale
    Arteta
    Yaya Toure
    Dikcagoi

RVP
    Berbatov
    Graham

Weak defence is the main price for Bale and RVP; I like Arteta and Yaya, both play 90 every game and score highly in the new bonus points system; I think Graham is a decent third striker, other options in this bracket are Anelka or Cornelius, the new Cardiff lad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    1WDDlnV.jpg

really like that tbh...

Foster at 5mill as a reserve 'keerp is a bit wasteful as roryc said, unlss you plan to actually rotate the two.

Lukaku is a massive chance @ 8mill, considering how many options Chelsea have. If Rooney does sign, then Lukaku will get nothing time-wise. Giroud is also rather expensive in my opinion at 8.5m. For 9.5m you could get Walcott in midfield, and replace Giroud with someone like Berbatov who is brilliantly priced at 7.5m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

grg7.png

Bench is very weak though, thinking of swapping Evra for Rafael which gives me an extra .5 to mess around with to get someone have decent on the bench for .5, or perhaps getting a different keeper in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Bench is very weak though, thinking of swapping Evra for Rafael which gives me an extra .5 to mess around with to get someone have decent on the bench for .5, or perhaps getting a different keeper in

That defense is really very expensive, there's some great value in the 4.5-5 range. Also doubling up on United's defense is not a good idea, look at their fixtures.

The midfield is fine really although I'd find somebody better than N'Diaye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

That defense is really very expensive, there's some great value in the 4.5-5 range. Also doubling up on United's defense is not a good idea, look at their fixtures.

The midfield is fine really although I'd find somebody better than N'Diaye
    I always like a strong defense but you are right, doubling up is not a good idea, re-jigged it a bit:

e1g.png

If Terry starts I'll swap him for cole and that will give me an extra .5 to play with, maybe drop Evra for raf too will will give me and extra 1, and might get benteke in

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭JamBur

m79rhu.jpg

Any feedback?

Unsure about Anelka up front, but its a work in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

JamBur wrote: »

Any feedback?

I really hope your team name is based around a play on words involving Bony and Clyne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Heres what im packing:

Mignolet
    Ivanovic Mertesacker Zabaleta
    Nolan Brady Walcott Bale
    Van Wolfswinkel Van Persie Anelka

Given Britton Whittaker Baker

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭JamBur

I really hope your team name is based around a play on words involving Bony and Clyne.

Poor effort:)

You no likey the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

m79rhu.jpg

Any feedback?

Anelka scored 2 in wba latest friendly. Dont think the new manager sees puncheon as a regular he hasnt featured much under him. Skrtel is also out of favour at liverpool it seems. Tiote although cheap is also a waste of a pick as he will rarely get more than 2 pts would be the main issues.

Poor effort:)

You no likey the team?

Yea it was pretty terrible.

I can't see the point in having Tiote. He's a useless Fantasy player. Gets a ridiculous number of yellow cards (he's had 32 in the last three seasons) and contributes nothing in an attacking sense.

I think you're cutting it thin in midfield trying to fit in Bale and Hazard (and RVP). I wouldn't be particularly happy with Puncheon and Brady in there and then Tiote as back up.

Consider dropping one of the big three and see what effect that has on the rest of your team.

I don't think it'll be possible for most players to get Bale and RVP into their team and have a lot of other quality players in their team. It excites me. Takes a lot of the 'easiness' out of the game that was there last year.

Yea it was pretty terrible.

I can't see the point in having Tiote. He's a useless Fantasy player. Gets a ridiculous number of yellow cards (he's had 32 in the last three seasons) and contributes nothing in an attacking sense.

I think you're cutting it thin in midfield trying to fit in Bale and Hazard (and RVP). I wouldn't be particularly happy with Puncheon and Brady in there and then Tiote as back up.

Consider dropping one of the big three and see what effect that has on the rest of your team.

I don't think it'll be possible for most players to get Bale and RVP into their team and have a lot of other quality players in their team. It excites me. Takes a lot of the 'easiness' out of the game that was there last year.

tell me what ya think of my team Jimmy (a page or two back) Oh yeah and have ya set me up a date with Lana yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Liking this, for the moment. Opinions?

yFclIbO.png

manual_man wrote: »
    tell me what ya think of my team Jimmy (a page or two back) Oh yeah and have ya set me up a date with Lana yet

I like it. I think it could be better but you're making use of the cash saved by not picking RVP.

Kagawa could be a brilliant pick. A lot depends on Rooney and whether he leaves.

Again, Jenkinson could be a great pick if he's guaranteed a start. I genuinely have no idea if he is or not.

Take everything that I've said with a pinch of salt. I haven't been keeping up-to-date with any team news outside of United for the last few weeks.

As for Lana, she said no. I'm sorry. Chin up. There are more girls out there.

Just threw this team together. My first change of the pre-season.

Opinions?

48adc4eafbe32909222da4fda37f79ef.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What do you lads think of my team?

66d6e8f576502f402ae1a6a5bf945d33.png

Providing Rooney joins Chelsea (I personally think it's a matter of time) the plan is:

Week 1 - Rooney (C) at home to Hull.

Week 2 - Rooney out for Negredo (once I get a look at how City line up against Newcastle in week 1, presuming he starts etc).

Week 3 - That Rooney to Negredo move would give me a further £1.0m to spend elsewhere. A possible option then would be to upgrade Coleman to Rafael or Van Wolfswinkel to Bony, for example.

Week 4 - This is where I start to contemplate using my wildcard which is a strategy that has served me pretty well over the years. So from here on in any plan I have usually goes out the window and I can make moves based on how things are going so far.

I know I have no Manchester United coverage, which is a weakness, but with tough fixtures, a new manager, and a line up no one can really predicted apart from 3 or 4 players, I'm going to leave it for a few weeks to see how things go and rectify that after a few weeks.

I think I'm covered for clubs that have the best starts (Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool) and have a plan to get City firepower after week one. Given the choice I'd take Rooney (Hull, H) over a City striker at home to Newcastle any day so I'm happy with my approach there.

I feel I have a decent amount of heavy hitters mixed with good lower priced options who should be pull in points.

On the bench I think Koren is the best cheap midfield options (9 goals, 5 assists last year). But Parr is a full back who likes to get forward and should chip in with a few assists in Holloway's attacking style and he has also told Jermone Thomas that he will give him freedom and allow him to concentrate on attacking, so I think he can chip in with some points from the bench if needed (he did have 3 goals and 7 assists in 33 games a couple of seasons ago under Hodgson at West Brom).

As I mentioned above, once week 4 comes around I usually consider the wildcard, so if things aren't working out or I'm missing an important player, I can get them in without falling too far back (Michu last season, for example).

It's always great to get other opinions so what do you reckon? Where can I improve? No doubt I've forgotten something.someone obvious :pac:

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Liking this, for the moment. Opinions?

Who's Redmond? Also - do you think Ivanovic is worth the extra £0.5m over Terry?cI have a very similar team atm except Hart instead of Mignolet and RVW instead of Anelka.
    Just threw this team together. My first change of the pre-season.

Opinions?

Pretty weak if I'm honest. I'd get rid of Evra, Uniteds opening fixtures are too tough. Start with a Chelsea defender. I like the doubling up on City, I'll be pushing people to stock up on Hart and possibly a City defender, their fixtures are too good to ignore.

I'm not sure why you've taken the screenshot like you have with Hazard/Berbs on the bench, it's hard to gauge your team properly. Anyway - Puncheon and Routledge are weak, and I'm not sure about Graham or Williams.

Advertisement