Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody got any opinions on this team happy enough.

Mingolet
    Boruc

O Brien
    Garrido
    Mertasacker
    McCauley
    Coleman

Bale
    Walcott
    Oscar
    Brady
    Snodgrass

Kone
    Berbatov
    Bony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Zaha at 6.5 could be a bargain. He has looked very good so far in pre season. Considering Young and Valencia's form and doubts over Nani staying he could be starting for United.

Yeah I'm looking for the best £6.5m mid and have been considering him. Neither himself or Wilshere really stand out as goalscorers so it might be better going with the likes of Snodgrass or Bellamy. United's opening fixtures are terrible too. Need a solid £6.5m to make this team work though. Looks very strong, and the only 'risky' player is that slot.

90rhnd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Would love some feedback on this..

9VQK9Kl.jpg

You forgot Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

roryc wrote: »
    You forgot Bale.

Yeah... Would've loved to get Bale in, still on the fence about Bale v RVP... Leaning towards RVP at the moment but that could and probably will change... If I go for both would leave a back line of junk... May still be worth it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yeah I'm looking for the best £6.5m mid and have been considering him. Neither himself or Wilshere really stand out as goalscorers so it might be better going with the likes of Snodgrass or Bellamy. United's opening fixtures are terrible too. Need a solid £6.5m to make this team work though. Looks very strong, and the only 'risky' player is that slot.

90rhnd.png

sissoko the bandwagon player that did nothing as soon as everyone got him in. Having said that at 6 million if he plays off the front man he's well worth it newcastle should be better this year as they have no europa league he also scored in their first preseason game.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Mignolet

Coleman
    Turner
    Shaw

Bale
    Walcott
    Hazard
    Silva

Lambert
    RVW
    Bony

stephen_k wrote: »
    Yeah... Would've loved to get Bale in, still on the fence about Bale v RVP... Leaning towards RVP at the moment but that could and probably will change... If I go for both would leave a back line of junk... May still be worth it??

Statistically the right move is to go without RVP at the start, but if you fancy a gamble go for it. It's pinning all your hopes on him performing against tough opposition but hes proven in the past he can do just that.

Bale is simply a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭bodking

This is my second of three teams .

http://gyazo.com/0c37758320b54725fbcd1b1f2b8106ce

Coments please

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭bodking

And this is my third

http://gyazo.com/a7bfe98b4ba99f9b74120f46eae879c2

coments please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

lUnVGnw.png

Mine, would really appreciate opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

keano_afc wrote: »
    lUnVGnw.png

Mine, would really appreciate opinions.

To start with the obvious - not having Bale could hurt you badly; like the Lampard pick though, could be a dark horse this year. Funny saying that given the points he's got in the past but with Mourinho back he could play a big part this season, an old Mourinho favourite; still on penos when on the pitch too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Draft 2, with Chimp in for RvP

Gs5XeXc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Busts said Sissoko who could come good, but still in risky category IMO. On similar lines how about Cabaye? Fixtures good after first game and is not afraid to shoot + set pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

keano_afc wrote: »
    Draft 2, with Chimp in for RvP

Gs5XeXc.png

Looks fairly string tbh. I would have reservations about Bellamy, Anelka and Aguero tho. CB & NA are both 34 now and well past their best, Shane Long will be seriously pissed off if he's not No 1 this coming season and I can only see Anelka making cameo appearances whilst lining his already full pockets. Jay Rodriguez @ 6m is x100 a better option than Anelka. City have so many options in attack that Aguero may not be nailed on, even tho he should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Re. Zaha don't know if i'd take the risk to start off with, Snodgrass @6.5 the man to go for i.m.o.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »
    Re. Zaha don't know if i'd take the risk to start off with, Snodgrass @6.5 the man to go for i.m.o.

Good shout. I'm expecting a big season from Norwich.

Hughton has made some very astute signings both this season and last.

Statistically the right move is to go without RVP at the start, but if you fancy a gamble go for it. It's pinning all your hopes on him performing against tough opposition but hes proven in the past he can do just that.

Bale is simply a must have.

You're placing alot of emphasis on Bale.

It's Fantasy Premier League. Until the season starts and form is known, nobody is "must have" IMO.

Players like Lampard and Drogba have had huge seasons in the past and then failed to push on the following season. I and many others expected Aguero to be huge last season and look how that ended.

I'll have Bale myself but, as with any player, he's 12 million so anyone taking a chance on not having him should easily be able to get him in at a 4 point hit.

I started last year without Michu (I had Hazard and don't like to have too many new Premier League additions) but he was in my team by 4.30 on the Saturday.

I also started without RVP but he was in my team by GW3 with just a 4 point hit needed to get him in.

It's not the end of the world to start the season without a top player and see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I'm not picking Bale or Van Persie for the start of the season. RVP is too expensive and there's better value to be had than Bale at 12m.

Can see both Hazard and Theo getting within a few goals of Bale this year.

Go ahead and start without him then!

Opener against Crystal Palace, he could run riot and you're on the backfoot from Day 1. He will be a lot of people's captain choice too. He seems to be doing well in pre-season matches which is enough for me to go on.

• Advertisement

I really hope Rooney goes to Chelsea, can fit him in nicely and if Chelsea have a DGW to start this could be a very strong team. I'm struggling to upgrade Mig to Hart though, really want him in my team but not sure who to downgrade for the extra £1m.

Also for the Olssen/Micky T debate I'm leaving that spot to whoever the forum chooses - we should have a poll before GW1 :)

2urscxz.png

Never know with Rooney, bet he's been enjoying the chips and beer over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lemlin wrote: »
    Good shout. I'm expecting a big season from Norwich.

Hughton has made some very astute signings both this season and last.

He's a quality manager. And Snodgrass was the main creative influence, especially in the second half of last season

Loads gone with Bony and Van Wolfswinkle....wouldn't trust a striker at Norwich myself but Bony could explode. Interesting to see.

Santi101 wrote: »
    Loads gone with Bony and Van Wolfswinkle....wouldn't trust a striker at Norwich myself but Bony could explode. Interesting to see.

My front three will likely be Bony, RVW, Berbatov or Rooney, RVW, Berbatov.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

I think Koren might be a better pick than Brady for a 5m Hull mid; I think he's on penos and scores a few more

Go ahead and start without him then!

Opener against Crystal Palace, he could run riot and you're on the backfoot from Day 1. He will be a lot of people's captain choice too. He seems to be doing well in pre-season matches which is enough for me to go on.

Like I said, I'll be going with him myself but there's no point posting "you forgot Bale" to every person who puts up a team without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think Kone is a better option at 7m than Van Wolfswinkel myself.

titan18 wrote: »
    I think Kone is a better option at 7m than Van Wolfswinkel myself.

From what I've seen of van Wolfswinkel he's good in the air. Norwich have players like Hoolahan, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Olsson and Garrido who will be putting the ball into the box so he could thrive.

I'm always wary though that any new signing could also be another Mauro Boselli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Santi101 wrote: »

im steering clear initially. How many people have actually seen these lads play or are people basing it on their scoring stats in inferior leagues.At the end of the day both are playing for at best midtable teams. If they hit the ground running ill get them in but always prefer to have seen a player play before having him in my team .

Advertisement