Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is nobody going with Stoke defenders? Bar the disaster at QPR, Fulham, City and Blackburn were all very good at defending under Hughes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

just threw together a quick team to see how it'd look with both RVP and Bale.
    didn't spend a great deal of time on it as i know this will be far from my final team. in work now so can't access the FPL on pc so no screenshot.

GK

Mignolet 5.5
    Mannone 4.5

DEF

Terry 6.0
    Coleman 5.0
    Turner 4.5
    Collins 4.5
    Rosenior 4.0 (i spent no time on this, will look closer at who's a good 4.0 from the promoted clubs)

MID

Bale 12.0
    Walcott 9.5
    Mirallas 7.5
    Brady 5.0
    Dikgacoci 4.5 (no idea who he is, but RoryC has mentioned him as a decent shout so he'll do at 4.5)

ATT

RVP 14.0
    Van Wolfswinkel 7.0
    Bent 6.5 (based on him joining newcastle)

A few notes,

if chelsea do have a DGW walcott can easily be swapped to Hazard and keeping tabs on the rooney situation and schurle.

will need confirmation mignolet is number 1, if it's going to be a rotation with him and reina he's out, in previous years i've gone with two 4.5 keepers and rotated and this worked well except last year i kept getting begovic/jussi wrong, i still made big profits on both so may go with two 4.5's again and upgrade collins/rosenior to toure.

If bent doesn't move i might put anelka in and use the extra 1.0 to switch RVW to Bony or else upgrade defence or midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is nobody going with Stoke defenders? Bar the disaster at QPR, Fulham, City and Blackburn were all very good at defending under Hughes.

i have Wilson at the minute there has been talk of him playing midfield so will see how that goes pre season. Stoke and norwich also rotate perfectly for home games so i will definetly have a defender from both those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Would appreciate any feedback on this.

508b6149f846cd72d718ca73f5f56659.png

Would appreciate any feedback on this.

508b6149f846cd72d718ca73f5f56659.png

good midfield but you're taking 3 gambles in your stikers, not sure i'd take the chance on all 3? of course once you move away from van persie everyone is a bit of a gamble.

other than that 2 suggestions would be brady of hull instead of bellamy and for the love of god lose mc shane :D

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    just threw together a quick team to see how it'd look with both RVP and Bale.
    didn't spend a great deal of time on it as i know this will be far from my final team. in work now so can't access the FPL on pc so no screenshot.

GK

Mignolet 5.5
    Mannone 4.5

DEF

Terry 6.0
    Coleman 5.0
    Turner 4.5
    Collins 4.5
    Rosenior 4.0 (i spent no time on this, will look closer at who's a good 4.0 from the promoted clubs)

MID

Bale 12.0
    Walcott 9.5
    Mirallas 7.5
    Brady 5.0
    Dikgacoci 4.5 (no idea who he is, but RoryC has mentioned him as a decent shout so he'll do at 4.5)

ATT

RVP 14.0
    Van Wolfswinkel 7.0
    Bent 6.5 (based on him joining newcastle)

A few notes,

if chelsea do have a DGW walcott can easily be swapped to Hazard and keeping tabs on the rooney situation and schurle.

will need confirmation mignolet is number 1, if it's going to be a rotation with him and reina he's out, in previous years i've gone with two 4.5 keepers and rotated and this worked well except last year i kept getting begovic/jussi wrong, i still made big profits on both so may go with two 4.5's again and upgrade collins/rosenior to toure.

If bent doesn't move i might put anelka in and use the extra 1.0 to switch RVW to Bony or else upgrade defence or midfield.

That's a very good team. Only change I'd make is De Gea in for Mignolet if you could free up .5 million.

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's a very good team. Only change I'd make is De Gea in for Mignolet if you could free up .5 million.

yep that could be done, toure in for terry would save 1.0 mil or mertesacker in for terry would save .5.
    or if i want to keep terry i coul swap bent to anelka to save 1.0.
    DDG looks like he's firmly number 1 now unlike the start of last season, if reina left before the start of the season i'd keep mignolet but don't want to risk it if they're both there.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Any thoughts on this

Mignolet

Sagna
    Azpilicueta
    Colemam
    Nastasic

Oscar
    Yaya Toure
    Kagawa

Bony
    Aguero
    Sturridge

Mannone
    Shaw
    Wanyama
    Brady

Have 0.5 to spare at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this

Mignolet

Sagna
    Azpilicueta
    Colemam
    Nastasic

Oscar
    Yaya Toure
    Kagawa

Bony
    Aguero
    Sturridge

Mannone
    Shaw
    Wanyama
    Brady

Have 0.5 to spare at the moment

Big risk not having rvp, bale or walcott probably the 3 most consistent players in the game last year. Too many ifs and maybes with that team. Toure could play deep, are kagawa and oscar guaranteed to start, whats agueros role under pelligrini, sturridge has fitness issues, Bony have never seen him play but great stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Any thoughts on Navas for City? Haven't seen him in many teams yet

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »

New manager. Loads of new players. The only City players I would pick are Kompany or Hart.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He's too expensive to take a risk on before we see how he plays. He could be a great option but for 9.0 I'd wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

All opinions welcome on this
    Goalkeepers
    Mignolet,Boruc(sub)
    Defenders
    Terry,Coleman,Mertesacker,Turner,Ramage(sub)
    Midfielders
    Whittingham, Bale,Hazard,Walcott,Brady(sub)
    Strikers
    Kone,Aguero(will be Negredo)Murray(sub)
    Im going to play 4-4-2 week1 then 5-3-2 if the new bonus point system works out.

All opinions welcome on this
    Goalkeepers
    Mignolet,Boruc(sub)
    Defenders
    Terry,Coleman,Mertesacker,Turner,Ramage(sub)
    Midfielders
    Whittingham, Bale,Hazard,Walcott,Brady(sub)
    Strikers
    Kone,Aguero(will be Negredo)Murray(sub)
    Im going to play 4-4-2 week1 then 5-3-2 if the new bonus point system works out.

Murray is out for a good period of time, got injured in or just before the play-offs and is out for something like 9 months. It's an awful shame as I was eyeing him up towards the end of last year as the new Lambert/Holt/In-form promoted striker, other than that it's pretty solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭bodking

Where can i get a screen grabber that is preferably free .

bodking wrote: »
    Where can i get a screen grabber that is preferably free .

Gyazo

But I have trouble with it so just print screen, go to paint copy what I want, save and upload it with tinypic. It's a little more effort but if all else fails then it's pretty simple.

Gyazo

But I have trouble with it so just print screen, go to paint copy what I want, save and upload it with tinypic. It's a little more effort but if all else fails then it's pretty simple.

Thanks

I like the look of this line up

http://gyazo.com/a12730d3a69b07767fd3b52b5b6a908b.png

Feedback please

bodking wrote: »
    I like the look of this line up

http://gyazo.com/a12730d3a69b07767fd3b52b5b6a908b.png

Feedback please

With Martin Ollson arriving at Norwich I would suggest there could be a lot of rotation at LB which would make Mickey Turner a better bet!

Personally I think Hart is over-priced in goal especially as City could well keep fewer clean sheets this year but I can easily see the merits of starting him. However there is a little too much invested in defense for my liking. I'd pick one of Johnson and Mert to be downgraded by a million. Plenty solid 4.5 options around.

With this I would upgrade either Lampard or Walters. As has been said in the Ireland players thread Walters could be eased out by Hughes plus Lampard is not a consistent starter most likely, even under Jose. If he does you could always bring him back in. So with the savings made from defense I would do Lampard to Walcott/Hazard or Walters to Mirallas. Nolan is a decent differential though and I had him for the first few months last season, although 7.0 is a bit much for him.

Sturridge may be touch and go fitness wise for the start of the season but could be a great pick. Kone will be solid and who knows what Tekkers will do or where he will be but no need to worry about strikers just yet.

Finally I'd swap Boruc to Mannone and thus swap Cuellar to Clyne/Shaw. They have more attacking potential and probably a great chance of a clean sheet.

With Martin Ollson arriving at Norwich I would suggest there could be a lot of rotation at LB which would make Mickey Turner a better bet!

Personally I think Hart is over-priced in goal especially as City could well keep fewer clean sheets this year but I can easily see the merits of starting him. However there is a little too much invested in defense for my liking. I'd pick one of Johnson and Mert to be downgraded by a million. Plenty solid 4.5 options around.

With this I would upgrade either Lampard or Walters. As has been said in the Ireland players thread Walters could be eased out by Hughes plus Lampard is not a consistent starter most likely, even under Jose. If he does you could always bring him back in. So with the savings made from defense I would do Lampard to Walcott/Hazard or Walters to Mirallas. Nolan is a decent differential though and I had him for the first few months last season, although 7.0 is a bit much for him.

Sturridge may be touch and go fitness wise for the start of the season but could be a great pick. Kone will be solid and who knows what Tekkers will do or where he will be but no need to worry about strikers just yet.

Finally I'd swap Boruc to Mannone and thus swap Cuellar to Clyne/Shaw. They have more attacking potential and probably a great chance of a clean sheet.

Thanks , i have taken some of your suggestions on board what do you think

6524824be8dc1ebeec5c6065c84b5957.png

• Advertisement

Benteke is interesting as he signed a new contract but I don't know if he's worth the £9M in fantasy terms.

If you were going for 3 strikers in the 7-9M price bracket who would you pick? I've got Bony and RVW already so I think it's between Lambert, Berba, Kone or Aspas given Suarez suspension and Sturridge injury

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Benteke is interesting as he signed a new contract but I don't know if he's worth the £9M in fantasy terms.

If you were going for 3 strikers in the 7-9M price bracket who would you pick? I've got Bony and RVW already so I think it's between Lambert, Berba, Kone or Aspas given Suarez suspension and Sturridge injury

Berbatov for me.

He'll more than likely guarantee you around 15 goals (and takes penalties whenever he's on the field, Kone and Aspas won't, although Lambert will) and has proven he can do it in the league every single year, whereas Lambert could well be another of the numerous strikers who have come up from a lower league, had a huge impact in year one and then faded completely afterwards and there's question marks over Kone too. They could well prove to be very capable again next year in fairness but with two new lads in Bony and RvW in your team I'd be going for the proven striker in Berbatov alongside them.

That said he did miss 5 games last year and as he's not getting any younger (he'll be 33 come the close of the January transfer window) he may pick up another niggle or two this coming season, but as of now, I think Berbatov would be who I would go for.

£7.5m is very good value IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Paully D wrote: »
    Berbatov for me.

He'll more than likely guarantee you around 15 goals (and takes penalties whenever he's on the field, Kone and Aspas won't, although Lambert will) and has proven he can do it in the league every single year, whereas Lambert could well be another of the numerous strikers who have come up from a lower league, had a huge impact in year one and then faded completely afterwards and there's question marks over Kone too. They could well prove to be very capable again next year in fairness but with two new lads in Bony and RvW in your team I'd be going for the proven striker in Berbatov alongside them.

That said he did miss 5 games last year and as he's not getting any younger (he'll be 33 come the close of the January transfer window) he may pick up another niggle or two this coming season, but as of now, I think Berbatov would be who I would go for.

£7.5m is very good value IMO.

How do you rate Altidore?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

keep choppin n' changin' (as you do)

come up with this for now:

fpl.2.png

was tempted with Coleman as there's alot of talk about him, but not convinced by Everton defence, less so with Martinez in charge, though i do admit he's good going forward... happy enough with how the team looks overall... though no doubt a bout of itchy trigger finger will set in last minute and mess it all...

I do reckon Aspas will start the season as Liverpools main striker though so at 7 I think he's good value. The benefit of Lambert and Berbatov on pens is attractive too though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I do reckon Aspas will start the season as Liverpools main striker though so at 7 I think he's good value. The benefit of Lambert and Berbatov on pens is attractive too though

I doubt that somehow. Pretty sure Sturridge will be the main man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hey guys - any comments on this? I did have Aguero in but City's new signings make me less sure, but I am concerned about not having a heavyweight up front :(

http://gyazo.com/7c6bb4d524fc3197fd862e695d9bb04d

7c6bb4d524fc3197fd862e695d9bb04d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

After a quick look around this is what I came up with
    Will change as more deals are done

263378.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Zaha at 6.5 could be a bargain. He has looked very good so far in pre season. Considering Young and Valencia's form and doubts over Nani staying he could be starting for United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Sin City wrote: »
    After a quick look around this is what I came up with
    Will change as more deals are done

263378.png

your wasting a good 1.0 million on your goalkeepers. De Gea will start every game and wasting 5.5 on a backup keeper is a mistake imo. Boruc at 4.5 is a much better back up.

Advertisement