Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

keano_afc wrote: »
    Draft 2, with Chimp in for RvP

Gs5XeXc.png

Small point: I'd dump Guzan. Very tough opening fixtures, and could probably do better for 4.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

im steering clear initially. How many people have actually seen these lads play or are people basing it on their scoring stats in inferior leagues.At the end of the day both are playing for at best midtable teams. If they hit the ground running ill get them in but always prefer to have seen a player play before having him in my team .

Like Michu and Hazard last season! I agree with you that you shouldn't have too many untested players but you should aim to have at least one of the new boys in. I think I started last season with Michu, Hazard and Kagawa. 2/3 ain't bad returns.

This season will probably be RVW and possibly Bony.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Do people think Bellamy's gonna do much other than warm the bench?? Important to have a squad full of regular players, with injuries/suspensions/fixture changes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »
    Like Michu and Hazard last season! I agree with you that you shouldn't have too many untested players but you should aim to have at least one of the new boys in. I think I started last season with Michu, Hazard and Kagawa. 2/3 ain't bad returns.

This season will probably be RVW and possibly Bony.

the difference with kagawa and hazard is most people would have known or seen these players before the season started and that they signed for top 4 clubs. Michu i would put in the same bracket as bony and rvw . Id never seen michu play until motd after his first game last year that convinced me to bring him in. His stats were good but i prefer to adopt a wait and see approach with players signing for mid table teams that I've never seen play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thoughts please.

If Bunn turns out to be Norwichs' starter, I'll bring him in and use the extra .5 to upgrade McNaughton.

9336285748_31dee7f827.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

F1ngers wrote: »
    Thoughts please.

If Bunn turns out to be Norwichs' starter, I'll bring him in and use the extra .5 to upgrade McNaughton.

9336285748_31dee7f827.jpg
    Coleman for Jagielka saves you .5 and gives you more of an attacking threat.

Turner or whoever plays left-back between Garrido and Olsson instead of Bassong would save you .5.

Colback will only offer you 2 pointers. He has only got 1 goal and 1 assist in the last 5 seasons.

Steel Dog wrote: »

Turner or whoever plays left-back between Garrido and Olsson instead of Bassong would save you .5.

Colback will only offer you 2 pointers. He has only got 1 goal and 1 assist in the last 5 seasons.

Id agree with all that advice and add to that riether to clyne, taylor,cuellar, wilson to save you another .5. You then have 1.5 to upgrade Colback.

You have no Chelsea coverage which could be a disaster if they have a DGW to start. Also don't think Coutinho is worth £9m.

Steel Dog wrote: »

Id agree with all that advice and add to that riether to clyne, taylor,cuellar, wilson to save you another .5. You then have 1.5 to upgrade Colback.

Thanks lads.
    You have no Chelsea coverage which could be a disaster if they have a DGW to start. Also don't think Coutinho is worth £9m.

I literally just realised I have no Chelsea cover...d'oh.

I just have a feeling about Coutinho - anyway, may use the changes above to upgrade him to Hazard.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Thanks lads.

I literally just realised I have no Chelsea cover...d'oh.

I just have a feeling about Coutinho - anyway, may use the changes above to upgrade him to Hazard.
    coutinho is an interesting one he is priced just high enough to keep away the masses, but was a pretty consistent points scorer last year. He has 2 from 2 in pre season.

• Advertisement

coutinho is an interesting one he is priced just high enough to keep away the masses, but was a pretty consistent points scorer last year. He has 2 from 2 in pre season.

I think I'll bring in Hazard for dgw and then go back to Coutinho.

My first draft:

Szczesny (5.5ml)
    Mannone (4.5ml) - sub

Coleman (5ml)
    Mertesacker (5.5ml)
    Collins (5ml) - sub
    Turner (4.5ml)
    Rosenior (4.0ml) - sub

Walcott (9.5ml)
    Bale (12ml)
    Schurrle (8ml)
    Pozuelo (4.5ml)
    Dikgacoi (4.5ml) - sub

Van Persie (14ml)
    Kone (7ml)
    Anelka (5.5ml)

That leaves me 1.5 still to play with. I could get wolfswinkel, but it looks like everyone has him in his team.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Also for the Olssen/Micky T debate I'm leaving that spot to whoever the forum chooses - we should have a poll before GW1 :)

Like we really need that debate :pac:

The only way Mickey T wouldn't win would be if ye all decided to spite me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Any WBA fans know how/what Anelka will be doing? Is he worth the shout at 5.5 for the 3rd striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Any WBA fans know how/what Anelka will be doing? Is he worth the shout at 5.5 for the 3rd striker?

Cant see the point of getting a proven goal scorer in and not playing him , so for 5.5m I think he is great value

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Here's my current draft of MadForMickeyTurner:

296f0av.jpg

Obviously all 3 forward positions remain up for grabs but I'm relatively settled on the rest bar Koscienly's fitness and Yanga-Mbiwa's likelihood of starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Current Chernobyl Chivas:

Begovic
    Azpilicueta--Mertesacker--Coleman
    Hazard--Whittingham--Walcott--Bale
    Lukaku--Podolski--Bony

Boruc Dikgacoi Garrido Baker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

296f0av.jpg

Obviously all 3 forward positions remain up for grabs but I'm relatively settled on the rest bar Koscienly's fitness and Yanga-Mbiwa's likelihood of starting.

Very similiar to my own team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

First Draft

Mignolet (reina gone)

Coleman Luiz Zab
    Bale Walcott Hazard Brady
    Sturidge (if fit) Berb Bent (if transfer goes through)

Bench:
    Boruc, Clyne, Wanymama, Baker

So many unknows this year, and subject to change if DGW confirmed,
    Actually subject to at least 100 changes anyways!:P

296f0av.jpg

Isn't Sturridge out injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It's tough really. For leaving out Bale you can have a bit of money to upgrade your midfielders to the likes of Walcott, Mata, Hazard who will score near to Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

3rd draft including Bale this time...

JIhol8i.jpg

team.jpg

Here's mine. Doubt it'll change again until the final week before GW1. Bony is benched as I think (need clarification) he has no work permit as it stands? Assuming that clears, which I expect it will, I'll be dropping Amorebieta from my back four and going 3-4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CRJOD94

Foster
    Terry Mertesacker Coleman
    Walcott Kagawa Lampard Gerrard
    Aguero Sturridge Rodrigeuz

With a bench of dawson,turner, britton and boruc. Any tips or advice appreciated, currently planning on replacing aguero with negredo if he is ten or under and strenghtening elsewhere.

MagicIRL wrote: »

Here's mine. Doubt it'll change again until the final week before GW1. Bony is benched as I think (need clarification) he has no work permit as it stands? Assuming that clears, which I expect it will, I'll be dropping Amorebieta from my back four and going 3-4-3.

Any reason you've gone with Mata over Hazard? The extra £1m makes a big difference and you could bump your weak backline. Kagawa is obviously a risk, but if he looks like starting I think he might end up in my team.

Connolly and Hudson are both good picks, I spotted them before and may try and work one of them into my team. No idea who Amorebieta is, any reason you've gone with him? If he nails down a place for Fulham he could be a shrewd pick although they aren't exactly known for clean sheets. Same with Baker, I would avoid him as there are better £4m picks out there with the ability to score/assist.

If you have a strong attack I would imagine you will probably play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 most weeks? Therefore I would aim to have two £4m defenders as they will spend most of the time on your bench.

So if you downgrade Mata to Hazard, use the extra £1m to upgrade Hudson to Mertesacker. Then swap Micky Turner and Amorebieta for Ben Turner (£4m) and Coleman (£5m). So without detracting from your attack focused team, you now have a solid back two of Mertesacker and Coleman, and you can alternate between either Connolly or one of your £4m bench fodder defenders for the last spot each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

2nd draft

Mignolet
    Coleman - Ivanovic Jones
    Nolan Walcott Lamps Mirallas
    van Wolfswinkel Bony Kone

Have 3 mill left over so thinking of taking out Bony for the 1st few games and sticking in a more experienced PL striker

Subs - Gazzaniga/ Garrido / Cuellar / S.Quinn(Hull)

Any reason you've gone with Mata over Hazard? The extra £1m makes a big difference and you could bump your weak backline. Kagawa is obviously a risk, but if he looks like starting I think he might end up in my team.

Personally I think Mata is just all around class, and adds a little more to the overall attack then Hazard. With the influx of players into Chelsea, I wouldn't be surprised if Hazard is rotated a bit while they try to nail down who plays where. Failing that, I can drop Mata for Hazard later on (GW2 onwards) if needed, without the need to sub out other players to make up 1mill if I was to go the other way round.
    Connolly and Hudson are both good picks, I spotted them before and may try and work one of them into my team. No idea who Amorebieta is, any reason you've gone with him? If he nails down a place for Fulham he could be a shrewd pick although they aren't exactly known for clean sheets. Same with Baker, I would avoid him as there are better £4m picks out there with the ability to score/assist.

Amorebieta is Fulham's new singing CB, and should play every game. A nice back-up option for my bench assuming Bony plays. He'll partner Hangeland at the heart of the back-four, and I can only imagine Fulham looks to strengthen the back four.

I've just noticed I have .5mill spare. I may drop Amorebieta and replace him with Coleman or even Kolo Toure (both 5mill) depending. Kolo had 16 clean sheets last season but Coleman is more likely to get forward. Leaning towards Kolo myself, but it largely depends on what Rodgers does with his back four.

Edit: Maybe with the flooded Chelsea midfield, Michu would be a better shout at 9mill as opposed to Hazard's 9.5mill. Both score 190 points last season, and Michu will be the first name on the Swansea teamsheet every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

No thoughts needed on this one. I let the computer pick my team and this is what I got. Really happy. Doubt I'll change until a day or two before the deadline.

d09c1a700ef5890926cb2e5aa3c808a4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Maybe Snodgrass for Osman.

2yjuelt.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

My first draft didn't involve Bale but Palace away first up....wouldn't be wise to leave him out.

Advertisement