Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options
1787980818284»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Screenshot2014-01-09at115152_zps8e7bacf0.png

Hadn't planned on playing my WC for another few weeks but with Rooney and Distin still doubts I'm looking a bit lightweight.

Is there merit in holding firm for another few weeks or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

John83 wrote: »
    Hadn't planned on playing my WC for another few weeks but with Rooney and Distin still doubts I'm looking a bit lightweight.

Is there merit in holding firm for another few weeks or so?

I wouldn't leap into a WC with that team at all. If you can ride it out for another weeks then do. Distin and Rooney could both well be fit anyway and you have subs even if the defenders do have tricky games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I wouldn't leap into a WC with that team at all. If you can ride it out for another weeks then do. Distin and Rooney could both well be fit anyway and you have subs even if the defenders do have tricky games.

I don't think Distin will be but I'd agree and still not rush into WC this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

After much tinkering after activating the WC, this is my team at present. Its fairly safe and I haven't had abgreatseason sonjustvwanted to get the WC done. Any comments welcome, I have about .5 in the bak with this team and my only real question before Saturday is whether to downgrade Baines an inprove one r two other positions and also whether to keep kelvin Davies as sub goalie who has played last few games of the saints and maybe replace him in the future

Marshall, Davies
    Koscielny, Shaw, Kolorov, Ward, Baines
    Oscar, Mutch, Silva, Assiadi, Eriksen
    Rodriguez, Suarez, Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

After much tinkering after activating the WC, this is my team at present. Its fairly safe and I haven't had abgreatseason sonjustvwanted to get the WC done. Any comments welcome, I have about .5 in the bak with this team and my only real question before Saturday is whether to downgrade Baines an inprove one r two other positions and also whether to keep kelvin Davies as sub goalie who has played last few games of the saints and maybe replace him in the future

Marshall, Davies
    Koscielny, Shaw, Kolorov, Ward, Baines
    Oscar, Mutch, Silva, Assiadi, Eriksen
    Rodriguez, Suarez, Aguero

Your goalies are nuts IMO, Boruc back possibly this week is the end for Davis and Cardiff under Solksjaer are an unknown defence.
    Have you actually got Aguero in your current team? If so why would you do that, why wouldn't you put in a playing third striker, upgrade Assaidi or Mutch hugely and then reverse that when Aguero is back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

This is the squad I'm aiming for when I play my wildcard. Thoughts?

Think I'm still about .4 short but currently it's what I'm thinking about.

2131bk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Looking at this, post-WC but a bit unsure about midfield...have 1m in the bank

Mignolet - Marshall
    Ward - Sagna - Terry - Coleman - Lovren
    Ki Sung-Yueng - Fernandinho - Ramsey - Sterling - Sissoko
    Rooney - Suarez - Remy

Anyone I should/could change?

Edit: Could change Remy to Rodriguez and upgrade Sissoko to Cabaye... possibly wait til Cabaye returns to do so...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

tomissex wrote: »

Mignolet - Marshall
    Rooney - Suarez - Remy

Edit: Could change Remy to Rodriguez and upgrade Sissoko to Cabaye... possibly wait til Cabaye returns to do so...

Did you let a few guys go on free transfers? :D
    You must have an extremely low team value if you can't afford a big hitter or two in midfield.
    I'd say money where ever I could to strengthen midfield.
    A dud keeper will get you 0.6, downgrading Terry to Azil maybe another 1.0.
    Clyne for Lovren another 1.0.
    That 2.6 with the 1m in the bank might help strengthen midfield.

Also Rooney to a mid priced striker would work wonders. Giroud, Lukaku etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

tomissex wrote: »

Mignolet - Marshall
    Rooney - Suarez - Remy

Now: Rooney > Giroud and Fernandinho > Yaya

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭WealthyB

But of advice lads?

Marshall
    Coleman - Koscielny - Shaw
    Silva - Sterling - Janujaz - Ozil - Hazard
    Negredo - Suarez

Gazzaniga - Bardsley - Vlaar - Rooney

Had already made my free transfer this week Walcott -> Ozil. Now the news about Rooney. Dunno whether to take 4pt hit this week and bring in either J-Rod or Podolski or ride this week out. Got 0.3m in the bank.

Still got WC but considering holding off until the last week to get in Speroni to rotate with Marshall and Negredo -> Aguero

Got a slim lead in my money leagues so rife with paranoia looking over my shoulder!

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

right wildcarded so this is what I got:

Screenshot+%252811%2529.png

£4.2m left in the ff piggy bank to do Lukaku->Aguero, with a little emergency cash in reserve

YES I've captained Welbeck this week I may well be mad but let's reserve judgement til' after the matches :P Woo Hoo! No more wildcard dilemas! DONE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Thoughts lads?

Capture_zps56842ffe.png

Something a little different............ 290K at present, to be honest, I was just waiting for an excuse to get all differential on it :D:o

A steep learning curve for me this year... Hopefully I won't put myself in this position next year.

Laugh away ;)

There has been some thought gone into it... Trying to limit my exposure for any one team for blank GW's... Oscar may be transferred out.
    Bench needs to be worked on before GW 28

2r56yht.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

RMT guys.

Mannone-Boruc

Chester-Kos-Coleman-Williamson-Collins.

Silva-Hazard-Mata-Sterling-Januz

Rooney-Suarez-Sturridge.

0.0 in the Bank..(neat isn't it :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

sanket wrote: »
    RMT guys.

Mannone-Boruc

Chester-Kos-Coleman-Williamson-Collins.

Silva-Hazard-Mata-Sterling-Januz

Rooney-Suarez-Sturridge.

0.0 in the Bank..(neat isn't it :P )

I like it but Im not a fan of Sterling. Too much Liverpool reliance. How much do you have to work with if you got rid?

Also, Mata and Janu? And Rooney? Way too much United

Danger781 wrote: »
    I like it but Im not a fan of Sterling. Too much Liverpool reliance. How much do you have to work with if you got rid?

Also, Mata and Janu? And Rooney? Way too much United

Rooney only for this week as its Fulham..had Ade..Janu is always on bench.
    Need to upgrade Sterling and downgrade januz in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

ByyJu6p.png

Love some feedback on this, Boruc and Mannone give me a headache most weeks as they don't rotate but they're very reliable. Happy with Ward and Koscielny. Azpilicueta has been good for me but always fearful of this place. Nastasic would be a bargain but seems out of favour, Chester I just haven't got rid of yet as I had other priorities in my team.

Midfield has been a problem most of the year, had Ramsey until the injury who papered over a lot of the cracks. Eriksen has been consistent, Hazard has been great. Will probably keep Silva but I've been unlucky with big hitting mids like Ozil, Navas and Oscar this season. Ki was filler and Januzaj is not a guaranteed starter by any means

Up front I'm happy enough, would prefer RVP over Rooney but don't have the funds, Benteke has done me proud the last two weeks and I'm hoping his returns remain steady. Suarez is a no brainer.

Overall a poor season for me but hoping for a strong finish. So any ideas? Have 1.9m in the bank.

Love some feedback on this, Boruc and Mannone give me a headache most weeks as they don't rotate but they're very reliable. Happy with Ward and Koscielny. Azpilicueta has been good for me but always fearful of this place. Nastasic would be a bargain but seems out of favour, Chester I just haven't got rid of yet as I had other priorities in my team.

Midfield has been a problem most of the year, had Ramsey until the injury who papered over a lot of the cracks. Eriksen has been consistent, Hazard has been great. Will probably keep Silva but I've been unlucky with big hitting mids like Ozil, Navas and Oscar this season. Ki was filler and Januzaj is not a guaranteed starter by any means

Up front I'm happy enough, would prefer RVP over Rooney but don't have the funds, Benteke has done me proud the last two weeks and I'm hoping his returns remain steady. Suarez is a no brainer.

Overall a poor season for me but hoping for a strong finish. So any ideas? Have 1.9m in the bank.

Rooney to Sturridge (39 points in 4 games) for me... gives you 1.6 to add to your 1.9 = 3.5m to upgrade Januzaj to a midfielder that is more certain of gametime.

PARlance wrote: »
    Rooney to Sturridge (39 points in 4 games) for me... gives you 1.6 to add to your 1.9 = 3.5m to upgrade Januzaj to a midfielder that is more certain of gametime.

Wont recommend Benteke as WHU have excelled in defence recently after new signings and players coming back from injuries.

sanket wrote: »
    Wont recommend Benteke as WHU have excelled in defence recently after new signings and players coming back from injuries.

I'm not quite sure I would say excelled, and I would prefer to see more than a couple of clean sheets. They've gotten better.

I wouldn't be using a transfer on Benteke at all, 4 decent games coming up, he's showing signs of form (over the last 4 games - 29 points) and when he hits form he has been almost fixture proof in the past.... not that he needs to be fixture proof in the next 4 games against WHU, CAR, NEW, NOR.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

PARlance wrote: »

I feel like I can't rely too heavily on Liverpool attackers because if they have an off day so do I although it's very tempting.

I feel like I can't rely too heavily on Liverpool attackers because if they have an off day so do I although it's very tempting.

If Suarez has an off day...then it doesn't really matter as most active players have him.
    So, that alone limits your exposure of having 2 strikers from the one club.

And I hate to say it, but when was the last day they had an off day.
    This GW was prob the worst with a 13 point return from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I've had a look at GW31, and if my next 6 transfers go to plan I'm a 4 point hit away from having this team for the DGW. If the Everton v Palace game goes ahead I will have 12 DGW'ers!
    Mannone (Nor A/Liv A)

Kompany (Ful H/ManU A)... Coleman (Swa H/Cry H)... Evra (WH H/ManC A)

Mata (WH H/ManC A)... Gerrard (Car A/Sun H)... Ince (New A/Eve A)... Colback (Nor A/Liv A)

Suarez (Car A/Sun H)... Sturridge (Car A/Sun H)... Aguero (Ful H/ManU A)

Bench: Ward, Terry, Lallana

nv2v51.png

Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge - Liverpool have the best DGW by a considerable distance with games against Cardiff and Sunderland. It's likely I'll be picking one of the two strikers as captain this week. Their form between now and then will decide that.

Evra, Mata - Evra is being brought in for his attacking potential, although I can see United tightening up at the back in the league now their pretty much out of everything else. Mata is off form but I can't dump him (at a hit) before his DGW. He always has a big game in him too.

Kompany, Aguero - City's best players for the week along with Yaya.

Mannone, Colback - not expecting much from either but should hopefully get 10 points between them!

Coleman - Everton have great fixtures for a clean sheet if they get their DGW, and Coleman has the ability to pull in 15-20 points over these 2 home games.

Ince - opposition doesn't matter for Ince, a secret weapon for the DGW.

I could take Mata out for Yaya but I'm short on funds and don't want to take another 4 point hit. Gerrard is the more important transfer. Could even be worth doubling up on Everton defenders if they have a double (instead of Evra), as they have Cardiff H in 30, and Fulham A in 32. Nolan is another who could perform, but you can't have everyone! I would love to go into GW31 with the team above. My likely next transfer for GW32 would be Mata out for Silva to stock up on City players as they will have two more doubles coming.

Go ahead, rate this bitch. Chances are it will go to shit anyway, as all plans do!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lad I know has asked for help with his team. Its:

Cech / McGregor
    Shaw, Coleman, Mertesacker, Terry, Kolorov
    Sterling, Eriksen, Hazard, Yaya, Januzaj
    Suarez, Negredo, Adebayor

He has 1 free transfer and 0.7 million in the bank. It needs some major work IMO.

He needs to get rid of Negredo to be able to field 11 this GW. Anyone with any suggestions for who? I want to get an attacker plays both this week and next so I'm thinking Saints are the only decent options.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Rodriguez was who popped into my head when I read that but before you mentioned any team. Mind you, Lambert is probably in better form at the minute.

I would think there are better options than Eriksen and Januzaj too but first things first.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Rodriguez was who popped into my head when I read that but before you mentioned any team. Mind you, Lambert is probably in better form at the minute.

I would think there are better options than Eriksen and Januzaj too but first things first.

My advice to him in the end was Januzaj out for Tom Ince. Means he'll have 11 starters this week in a 4-4-2.

Advertisement