Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

rosskind wrote: »
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/247/history/

How can you make 6,000 transfers in a week? :confused:

Dedication :)

To be fair it's likely someone who is trying to finish bottom. Either they have a computer program doing it or they made a minimum of 400 separate transfer changes (of 15 at a time) in that gameweek. It appears there are a number of people doing this, check out the last page of the overall scores - http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/303/standings/?ls-page=64044

I saw this guys team before - the weird thing is that despite clearly being bottom of the table in 3,202,154, the game lists there being 3,214,629 players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

roryc wrote: »
    Dedication :)

To be fair it's likely someone who is trying to finish bottom. Either they have a computer program doing it or they made a minimum of 400 separate transfer changes (of 15 at a time) in that gameweek. It appears there are a number of people doing this, check out the last page of the overall scores - http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/303/standings/?ls-page=64044

I saw this guys team before - the weird thing is that despite clearly being bottom of the table in 3,202,154, the game lists there being 3,214,629 players.

And the advantage of being bottom is......?

You would have to ask the considerable number of people that are on -1,000 points or worse. F**k knows, people are odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You would have to ask the considerable number of people that are on -1,000 points or worse. F**k knows, people are odd.
    Surely if you're trying to finish last you wouldn't have Suarez and Aguero up front :confused:

Is there a prize for last?

• Advertisement

carraig2 wrote: »
    Is there a prize for last?

Maybe there is amongst a group of friends or something.

Most people play the points game, some people play the most valuable team game, some people play without Chelsea/United/City players, some people play Ireland players only, some people play the last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Apparently if you come last you get this message
    sorry-you-just-lost-the-game.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

His previous seasons scores are actually quite impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The FPL site has already given City the 3 points on their league table

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PARlance wrote: »
    The FPL site has already given City the 3 points on their league table

Sure its not a live table?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

rosskind wrote: »
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/247/history/

How can you make 6,000 transfers in a week? :confused:

that guy has done well in the past as well.

2006/07 2133 154
    2007/08 2053 103258
    2008/09 2101 2323
    2009/10 2393 3361
    2011/12 1562 1787022
    2012/13 2287 1731

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Sure its not a live table?

Never noticed it being live before.

It's always live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Best #BPL goal involvement (mins per goal or assist):
    1. Henry (85.6)
    2. Aguero (88.9)
    3. Podolski (96.7)
    4. RVP (97.2)
    5. Hernandez (100.8)

Pretty cool stat, I'm surprised Suarez isn't top 5. He must not have assisted as much in previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Best #BPL goal involvement (mins per goal or assist):
    1. Henry (85.6)
    2. Aguero (88.9)
    3. Podolski (96.7)
    4. RVP (97.2)
    5. Hernandez (100.8)

Pretty cool stat, I'm surprised Suarez isn't top 5. He must not have assisted as much in previous seasons.

Just had a little look at Transfermarkt and I've worked it out that Suarez scores a goal or assists every 84.5mins. Maybe they count assists as something else to PL but Suarez is definitely up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Just had a little look at Transfermarkt and I've worked it out that Suarez scores a goal or assists every 84.5mins. Maybe they count assists as something else to PL but Suarez is definitely up there.
    PL doesn't count penalties won, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fantasy World Cup up and running soon? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

What do you guys think Ronaldo's value would be if he came back to the EPL, 15.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

manual_man wrote: »
    Fantasy World Cup up and running soon? Anyone know?

Nooooooooooo. I'm not doing it, I need the summer off to recharge. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Posada wrote: »

You'll do it..

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    You'll do it..

Can I do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Posada wrote: »

FF Daily
    " After an intense campaign of Fantasy Football, manager Posada has said he is taking s a sabbatical and will not be available for the World Cup as he looks forward to some much needed downtime.

Speaking to FF Daily he said: It's been a mad season, a lot of excitement, some hard decisions and some wonderful moments and of course there is still two gameweeks left, but I will enjoy taking some time off to reconsider my options and see where we are in September before considering my next project.
    "Some of the lads who've been part of the FF team all season, it'll be sad to leave them, but hopefully I'll be reunited with some of them in the not too distant future ."

For many players, the stress of picking a starting 11 each week and having to leave others on the bench and the choppping and changing in team selection right up to the next morning and picking a captain takes its toll as does the sense of fury of supporting your rival team because you've got their striker captained, causes emotional trauma and relegates their real life to an afterthought. We interviewed one player who reported to missing the arrival of his firstborn as "I was chekcing the updates on the footy and how my FF team were doing". His wife was none to pleased he added.

We also speke to Tom of FSA who decided to quit his job and became a Fantasy Manager full time " It was a big risk, but I'm glad I did it, I'm living the dream ! Tom has already done extensive research into next season and is already plotting his GW 1 transfers "I've
    been watching the various leagues in Europe and eyeing up potential talent that might be playing in England next season, I'll make a shortlist of the various defenders, midfielders and so on and then act accordingly. I'm already looking at those Championship lads that will becoming FF players next season, studying their form and their potential for becoming point machines. Some really exciting prospects, so looking forward to acting early and being ready so we can hit the ground running for GW 1 when it comes around! Talk about dedicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mirror reporting that Rooney may miss the Sunderland game. Illness/recurrence of toe injury cited as the problem(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Stomach injury was another report on the Twitter machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Stomach injury was another report on the Twitter machine.

@danroan: People close to Wayne Rooney tell us he missed training because of a stomach complaint rather than any injury - panic over?

@Rio_F79: @zerowalls Conflicting reports on Rooney injury. Telegraph reported stomach bug while Daily Mail n Mirror state its a foot injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Have him in my team but I really hope he misses out. It'd help Sunderland out a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bad news whatever it is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Paully D wrote: »
    Have him in my team but I really hope he misses out. It'd help Sunderland out a lot.

I don't think you belong here to be honest.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MEMA2013

Hi

Really need some help. Im 20 points behind 1st place in my money league and not sure how to catch him as will end up having alot of the same heavy hitter players i.e. toure, rooney

Pretty sure he will take an 8 point hit and has less cash than me to work with but already has yaya and rooney so possibly need differentials to make the difference. Two teams below.

Any help appreciated

My team 5.1 Mill to spend ( prepared for point hit )
    Mannone Marshall

Kompany Ward Dummett Azpilicueta Jones Ramsey Lallana

Mata Eriksen Sterling

Agüero Suárez Podolski

Opponents Team 2.1 Mill to spend

Speroni McGregor

Wilson Williamson Vlaar Ivanovic Demel

Ramsey Mata Yaya Touré Amalfitano Anita

Rooney Suárez Bony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Top five google searches on my phone this past 6 months.

1. Sergio Aguero injury
    2. Wayne Rooney injury
    3. Robin van Persie injury
    4. David Silva injury
    5. Yaya Toure injury.

;)

Advertisement