Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hopefully Pellegrini gives Negredo a start tomorrow. He could be a cracking differential for me if he can bag a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I'm only playing with 3 midfielders this GW for the first time ever I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Paully D wrote: »
    Hopefully Pellegrini gives Negredo a start tomorrow. He could be a cracking differential for me if he can bag a couple.

i have him captained,

really hoping for some early team news to be leaked in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Busts and Lemlin I have a mad urge to post my "Awkward Turner" pic again :pac:

Ye're two of the posters I take heed from and hate to see ye going round in circles. It's practically a 50/50 decision whether you have RVP or not so clearly there are strong arguments either way. In my eyes all that Busts has been saying is he thinks that RVP may miss a game here and there with such a hectic schedule and that is it. He's not proclaiming it as gospel, just a little food for thought which I welcome. Plus he's taking advantage of the other fantastic options in and around 9.0 which should be 1st choice every week and is confident that it's they way to go, and there's no reason not to be.

Whether RVP will be dropped for a game remains to be seen and even if he were he could score as a sub and we've seen Bent pick up a BP in a 31 minute cameo along with a goal which is the crux of the in favour if RVP argument presented by Lemlin.

That's my summary of things and maybe I'm wrong but that's the beauty of the game that we can have so many different opinions and perceptions. As I said both sides are valid and only time may tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Invincible

moreau wrote: »
    An important piece of info. I presume CB? Don't think I will be going Cahill or Terry now in WC. Luiz is surely way too good to be regular bench fodder

Would be really interesting if luiz took up midfield position though...

He played alongside Cahill, with Cole and Ivanovich, defended well with important clearances and almost scored from a header.

• Advertisement

Any chance Palace (Ward) will keep a clean sheet against Sunderland or should I just go with Whittingham against Everton? My gut said Ward first but now it's retreating to the fence quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Any chance Palace (Ward) will keep a clean sheet against Sunderland or should I just go with Whittingham against Everton? My gut said Ward first but now it's retreating to the fence quickly

I'm in a similar dilemma. I'm trying to decide between Ward and Koren. Koren's got a pretty tough fixture vs City, so I think there's a better chance of Ward keeping a cleanie than Koren doing anything.

I'm in a similar dilemma. I'm trying to decide between Ward and Koren. Koren's got a pretty tough fixture vs City, so I think there's a better chance of Ward keeping a cleanie than Koren doing anything.

It's almost a no brainer for you with him away to City. Ward and Palace in general did well in the BPS system last weekend so if he did keep a cleanie he could be in line for a BP or 2. He'll be gone next week in the wildcard so I'll give him his chance like Chester last week I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Iused2likebusts and Lemlin, everyone is entitled to their opinion. No one knows I'f RVP will be rested or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone know when Andy Carroll is due back? He's down to 7.4 and could be a decent option as West Ham have two good wingers in Downing and Jarvis and will be basing the team around Carroll's strengths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How much do we think for Eriksen?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone know when Andy Carroll is due back? He's down to 7.4 and could be a decent option as West Ham have two good wingers in Downing and Jarvis and will be basing the team around Carroll's strengths.

I read somewhere he's expected back after the internationals(can't remember where I read it, so no link).

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

CSF wrote: »
    How much do we think for Eriksen?
    Around 7.5 or 8.0 i would say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Seems to be a lot of online activity about Ozil joining Arsenal for 40m.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Around 7.5 or 8.0 i would say.
    I would be on top of him like a dog in heat at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

that's vaguely homoerotic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Spurs have so many mids I don't think id touch any

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Spurs have so many mids I don't think id touch any

I agree. They're as bad as Chelsea when it comes to trying to fit them all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Premier League ‏@premierleague 2h
    New players added to #FPL: MID Flamini (ARS) 5.0, MID Lamela (TOT) 9.0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Do you think Toure will get many games now with Sakho joining liverpool? Should we sell if you have Kolo?

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Do you think Toure will get many games now with Sakho joining liverpool? Should we sell if you have Kolo?

I would defo sell, especially with Skrtel having a great game and Ilori coming in too

Looks like Mignolet is the safest route into the Pool defence now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

All transfer window signings will be updated today at 1300.
    We'll find out about Ozil, I'm guessing 10m.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ozil be 11m . He's unbelievable , best player in the Premier League for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Ozil be 11m . He's unbelievable , best player in the Premier League for me now.

Is he better that Hazards standard last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Agree but I reckon he could land in at 12million :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

His stats are quite similar to Mata's from recent years, I'll change my guess to 10.5m.

It's not the forum for it I know but even as a Spurs fan I'm looking forward to seeing him play in England, he's very close to the top of my list of players that I like to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Invincible wrote: »
    Is he better that Hazards standard last season?

Yes , he's much much better than Hazard . He's an assist machine ,more assists than anyone else over the past 5 seasons across the Top 5 Leagues and the most assists in the Champions league over past 3 seasons .
    Agree but I reckon he could land in at 12million :eek:
    Yeah could be , I'm still going to be getting him , bit of a negative that he rarely played 90 mins at Madrid but hopefully that's not the case at Arsenal .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

After the transfer window has closed I will be bringing in Lukaku, Ozil and dropping Toure for Mingolet.

• Advertisement

Ozil is 10 million. Eriksen is 8.

Advertisement