Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its live - Squad selection discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Will Defoe start up front for Spurs at the start of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Will Defoe start up front for Spurs at the start of season.

At the moment it's between him and Ade. But a new signing could change that. Unless he tries Bale through the middle. But I'd have to guess it will be Ade or Defoe. I'd think there is more of a chance of Ade starting, but its probably close to 50-50, IMO anyway, and I am a Spurs fan.

Might have a better idea in a few weeks after we play a few more pre-season games. Both Ade and Defoe are in the squad in Hong Kong now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,176 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Negredo and Jovetic both 9.5.

if i knew Negredo would start, he'd be in my team instead of Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

SlickRic wrote: »

negredo could cause a lot of people to rethink their teams at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

To spend the amount of money city spent on him and not start him would be ridiculous. I think the key thing is who plays further forward him or aguero.
    I think city may line up like this if they go 4 2 3 1
    YAYA Fernandinho
    navas aguero silva
    Negredo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85627873&postcount=11

BOOM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Some sage advice from Club Orange lads :pac:

http://www.bestbits.ie/sport/fantasy-football-6-tips-for-the-new-season/

What I learned was:
    • that I shouldn't over spend on defenders
    • that I shouldn't use my wildcard early on because I get an extra one in January
    • that I should make sure my players are fit or haven't been transfered
    • that I shouldn't give up if it all goes balls up
    and last but not least:
    • that the person giving this advice didn't have Bale last season

Mr.Prodston backed away slowly upon learning this :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Negredo has to start. He just has to. And he has to score goals. And perform. And do well. Annnnnd now I gotta' re-do my team to fit him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

any 4.0m keepers that are first choice??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

manual_man wrote: »
    any 4.0m keepers that are first choice??

Boruc at 4.5mill from Southampton is the cheapest 1st choice I think.

• Advertisement

I'm likely going with Hart and no back up keeper (£4m). Hart hasn't missed a game in years, think it's worth the risk if I can't skim £0.5m from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Some sage advice from Club Orange lads :pac:

http://www.bestbits.ie/sport/fantasy-football-6-tips-for-the-new-season/

What I learned was:
    • that I shouldn't over spend on defenders
    • that I shouldn't use my wildcard early on because I get an extra one in January
    • that I should make sure my players are fit or haven't been transfered
    • that I shouldn't give up if it all goes balls up
    and last but not least:
    • that the person giving this advice didn't have Bale last season

Mr.Prodston backed away slowly upon learning this :eek:

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. It can be a good tactic if done right and planned properly, especially to increase squad value.

Where it goes wrong is when used in a fit of pique to bring in the 'flavour of the month' but if planned in advance theres nothing wrong with using the WC early

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

To spend the amount of money city spent on him and not start him would be ridiculous. I think the key thing is who plays further forward him or aguero.
    YAYA Fernandinho
    navas aguero silva
    Negredo

Completely agree with this. Pellegrini used that formation a lot with Malaga and he knows that Negredo can play up front in the same role as he did with Sevilla.

Might have to rethink my team now as he really is great value at 9.5. Aguero will probably still start but may be forced out wide left or in behind Negredo.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Negredo has to start. He just has to. And he has to score goals. And perform. And do well. Annnnnd now I gotta' re-do my team to fit him in.

yep just got him in there. had to shuffle things a bit, but like you i think he has to start

Benimar wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. It can be a good tactic if done right and planned properly, especially to increase squad value.

Where it goes wrong is when used in a fit of pique to bring in the 'flavour of the month' but if planned in advance theres nothing wrong with using the WC early

Yeah I 100% agree with you, obviously my sarcastic font wasn't working. I've used my wildcard early on the past 2 years too great effect really.

I was just alluding that if the casual fan picks up this kind of advice then they could well be in trouble. I don't think anyone that ignored Bale should really be in a position to give advice. This coming from the man who didn't pick Michu last year :pac:

Apparently Carlton Cole could be heading to Crystal Palace. He's not even included in the game yet though :pac: I was thinking he could've been the Anichibe of the game but will probably get a sensible 5.5/6 price tag now

Apparently Carlton Cole could be heading to Crystal Palace. He's not even included in the game yet though :pac: I was thinking he could've been the Anichibe of the game but will probably get a sensible 5.5/6 price tag now

i had 6.0m left for my last striker, and i've decided Jay Rodriguez is the man. Go Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

YAYA Fernandinho
    navas aguero silva
    Negredo

im a city fan and i dont think Negredo be 1st choice, i think Jovetic for aguero and then aguero for negredo in the above. Just too much competition to pick CIty team, only ones safe are Kompany yaya and Hart.

manual_man wrote: »
    funny, FFS predicted the same :P

Yeah just reading through their articles on each of the new signings now, very thorough. I wonder if Negredo would still have been £9.5 if they hadn't signed Jovetic though?
    POKERKING wrote: »
    im a city fan and i dont think Negredo be 1st choice, i think Jovetic for aguero and then aguero for negredo in the above. Just too much competition to pick CIty team, only ones safe are Kompany yaya and Hart.

This is what worries me - Jovetic was a more expensive signing, I don't think they'll want him on the bench. Why did they have to go and sign both!

• Advertisement

POKERKING wrote: »

The pre season games should give us a good indication of what way they will line up. Navas and Negredo supposedly link up well.

The pre season games should give us a good indication of what way they will line up. Navas and Negredo supposedly link up well.

Isn't there some premier league trophy pre-season on this week with City, Spurs and Sunderland involved? I'll try and catch some of it on sky if I can and see how they line up etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Isn't there some premier league trophy pre-season on this week with City, Spurs and Sunderland involved? I'll try and catch some of it on sky if I can and see how they line up etc

Yea the final is live on Sky on Saturday. And Spurs on Wednesday too. Not sure about the other games.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea the final is live on Sky on Saturday. And Spurs on Wednesday too. Not sure about the other games.

I checked there and Spurs play Sunderland at 10:30 and City play Hong Kong so a Spurs vs City final would be helpful for us too see

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

These City lads have added fuel to the FF fire. A lot of re-jigging will be done now with managers trying to work Negredo/Jovetic in. I think going for either will be risky as neither are really guaranteed to start, just to have to see how the pre-season goes and maybe the picture will become clearer then.

Some of the FF guys see to think Negredo will be "first choice" through the centre. Pellegrini is a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

In that case I'll put Negredo in for now. Early days yet, I can see plenty of the top teams making new signings especially United and Arsenal.

If negredo is first choice and rooney moves to chelsea it will be very easy to field a very strong team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

jebforever wrote: »
    These City lads have added fuel to the FF fire. A lot of re-jigging will be done now with managers trying to work Negredo/Jovetic in. I think going for either will be risky as neither are really guaranteed to start, just to have to see how the pre-season goes and maybe the picture will become clearer then.

Agree completely adding in Negredo/ Jovetic/ Aguero and Dzeko it will be hard to call, I don't know much about Pellegrini and his formations but with such a strong list rotation will be strong to keep all happy and champions league matches being involved.

There is no point in paying 9.5m or 11m and hoping at 2pm they are going to start or at 4pm hoping for a substitution

• Advertisement

Kagawa's the man

Advertisement