Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How does the next GW work, there seems to be 4 phases, I get 2 ok, but how does the 3/4 game part work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I'm giving up on this, forgot to sub in my Sunday players :pac: I'll probably play next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How does the next GW work, there seems to be 4 phases, I get 2 ok, but how does the 3/4 game part work.

You will be able to swap out a DGW player for a player playing Sunday if you want you would obviously want a really good reason to do that. Outside of that its basically the same as regular FPL as you won't really be wanting to make any substitutions. I have 3 Sunday players on the bench in case a DGW playing Saturday gets injured or a defender has a horror show and lets in 7 and gets a minus score or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

How are people doing in this?? Have to say its a bit of craic, i'm currently 886/17727 pos'n not bad but i imagine there's a fair few who havent managed/bothered to keep up with the various deadlines. going into this week i have made a whopper 8 loan signings for the full 4 weeks, for what will be a 80 point deduction, but with getting the likes of rambo, aguero, eriksen and more, along with a whole rake of dgw'ers on the horizon, am hopeful i can make that back and more. this is how my team looks! :

KOtGJ3t2zMmyX7XXuJjS_uLyvnox6gijoBs-V5hbRBs=s520-p-no

I'm around 700th but I had an absolute shocker week not so long ago where I got 30 and that destroyed my ranking!! Team is looking ok this week haven't taken loans yet probably will have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

In 699th myself! I wasn't mad about the whole concept at the start but said I would give it a go. Have to say it has grown on me a lot.

Hackers wrote: »
    In 699th myself! I wasn't mad about the whole concept at the start but said I would give it a go. Have to say it has grown on me a lot.

Yeh me too I love the format definitely going to be playing next season could see myself being more interested in it than FPL potentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ChoiChoi

Currently top in Ireland, 55th overall or something. So many injuries think I counted bout 10 last time i checked, so not expecting a great week but you never know!

ChoiChoi wrote: »
    Currently top in Ireland, 55th overall or something. So many injuries think I counted bout 10 last time i checked, so not expecting a great week but you never know!

Yeh doesn't seem to be many of us playing it in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'm just inside the top 100 overall, I was as high as 15th a few weeks ago but dropped back as I was away and couldn't manage my team.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Awful week last week I dropped about 600 places, in top 1500 at least, hoping for a good week this week.

The loan system doesn't seem to appealing but I'll prob look more at it next season.

Yeh I hadn't really looked at it much. Today I did Dzeko & Hazard>Aguero & Nasri cost 10 points each for the 4 weeks should pay itself off prettily easily. I think it costs 4 points for the first week you loan them and then 2 points for each week after that.

2 still to play Aguero in reserve :)

Screenshot+%2528202%2529.png

102 nice! Thats some scoring from your front 7!!

jimmii wrote: »
    102 nice! Thats some scoring from your front 7!!

haha yep bit of a dream gw scenario. took a monster -80pt hit so was needed!

manual_man wrote: »
    haha yep bit of a dream gw scenario. took a monster -80pt hit so was needed!

Ha ha that does put a different spin on it!! Brought in Aguero on loan hoping Lukaku doesn't get anything more so its not too much of a decision!

guys has anyone's ultimate fantasy team messed up in relations to loans made before this gw deadline? i made a monster 8 loan signings for the full FOUR weeks available, however it seems to have only processed the loans for ONE week, which makes a big difference! I'm meticulate when it comes to these things, and i'm absolutely certain i made sure the loans were were 4 weeks and not 1; as it stands i've been deducted 32 points for 8 loans for one week however my team for next gw is now back to how it was b4 (what i didn't want), what should have happened is 80 point deduction (mean 20 pts deduction per week over 4 week period), and that was my team sorted for the rest of the season, but that hasn't happened!! anyway i've contacted the admin to see if they can fix it, but i just thought i'd post here and see if anyone else has the same problem/experience in relation to loans made in advance of this gw, regards,

m_m

ended up with a whopper 117pts for the week, cant complain with that

guys has anyone's ultimate fantasy team messed up in relations to loans made before this gw deadline? i made a monster 8 loan signings for the full FOUR weeks available, however it seems to have only processed the loans for ONE week, which makes a big difference! I'm meticulate when it comes to these things, and i'm absolutely certain i made sure the loans were were 4 weeks and not 1; as it stands i've been deducted 32 points for 8 loans for one week however my team for next gw is now back to how it was b4 (what i didn't want), what should have happened is 80 point deduction (mean 20 pts deduction per week over 4 week period), and that was my team sorted for the rest of the season, but that hasn't happened!! anyway i've contacted the admin to see if they can fix it, but i just thought i'd post here and see if anyone else has the same problem/experience in relation to loans made in advance of this gw, regards,

m_m

No I made two and it was fine and there was someone else who made 8 and they all went through fine. Report it though there could well have been a problem with it if you are 100% sure you did it.

ended up with a whopper 117pts for the week, cant complain with that

Nice! 102 for myself Snodgrass points in the reserves was a little annoying but cracking a ton is always fun!

• Advertisement

Nice! 102 for myself Snodgrass points in the reserves was a little annoying but cracking a ton is always fun!

haha yeah if i had of done a couple things different (played Mannone) and a different captain, i would have made 1st for the week! (made 5th as it is :) )

No I made two and it was fine and there was someone else who made 8 and they all went through fine. Report it though there could well have been a problem with it if you are 100% sure you did it.

i reported it no reply which is a bit annoying i'm pretty meticulous with these things (transfers!!) but hey without having screenshotted it or something there's no way to prove it

i reported it no reply which is a bit annoying i'm pretty meticulous with these things (transfers!!) but hey without having screenshotted it or something there's no way to prove it

Yeh its annoying alright. A couple of weeks ago I could have sworn I had captained Suarez but some how it was on Hazard. It was the week that the rumours were going round here that he wasn't going to start so there was no way I would have done it on purpose and it was on Suarez the week before so would have just left it. I made transfers on the day and can only think it got changed then for some reason. Could have been a horror show but Suarez only got 5 so felt like I got away with it!

Yeh its annoying alright. A couple of weeks ago I could have sworn I had captained Suarez but some how it was on Hazard. It was the week that the rumours were going round here that he wasn't going to start so there was no way I would have done it on purpose and it was on Suarez the week before so would have just left it. I made transfers on the day and can only think it got changed then for some reason. Could have been a horror show but Suarez only got 5 so felt like I got away with it!

haha yep i have to say i'm enjoying the Ultimate, i'm a bit surprised it hasn't seen a bit more interest on the forum here, but i suppose it won't kick off fully til next season to be sure. it appeals to the o.c.d. in me :D

haha yep i have to say i'm enjoying the Ultimate, i'm a bit surprised it hasn't seen a bit more interest on the forum here, but i suppose it won't kick off fully til next season to be sure. it appeals to the o.c.d. in me :D

Yeh I find it more appealing too it is more work though you do need to dedicate some weekend time to it unlike FPL. If you start missing Sunday/Monday deadlines forget about it. I guess when people are paid up next season it will help keep them focused!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

i think playing the beta give you a heads up with regards tactics and stuff, especially when it comes to setting your team up and captaing and playing pllayers playing on sats regardless of who they are then moving in the sunday players and then the monday players.

I am enjoying it too, i think in long term it will be more popular.

POKERKING wrote: »
    i think playing the beta give you a heads up with regards tactics and stuff, especially when it comes to setting your team up and captaing and playing pllayers playing on sats regardless of who they are then moving in the sunday players and then the monday players.

I am enjoying it too, i think in long term it will be more popular.

Absolutely it gives you a head start. Very different set of tactics needed to be successful in the game. A fair bit more planning needed in terms of sat/sun/mon rotation I imagine we will see some fairly elaborate spreadsheets being put together for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Find it annoying when I've forgotten to make changes on a Saturday night and ended up with points on the bench, Not being in a money league has slightly taken my eye off it. If I don't have a money league next year I cant see myself doing it . I was surprised how few of my friends you always play FF didn't sign up to it

Tactics are completely different in it , 4 players for 4 weeks is an 80point hit. you really need to get your team right in it or risk loosing out badly.

Advertisement