Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Correct, no cost and you just lose the points of the players you take out
    irish son wrote: »
    There's no cost for subbing out players, your just losing the points of the players you take out or have I got that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So you need the players you brought in to score over 20 points between them for it to have been worth it

Nope I took out 5 players who each scored 2pts = 10pts

So I needed the new 5 to cover that at least to make it worth it, so at least 10 but 11pts in order to make it worthwhile.

They ended up scoring 17pts between them though, making me 7pts better off than yesterday.

Make sense? I know it's a bit confusing. It's good we get to beta test it before paying next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

The update speeds of the Ultimate league are great compared to the normal site, I just hope it's not due to the small number of players, and rather a sign of things to expect next season.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

The update speeds of the Ultimate league are great compared to the normal site, I just hope it's not due to the small number of players, and rather a sign of things to expect next season.

I would think it is. As far as I know once the data is ready they refresh all the tables in batches. That's how the Yahoo Fantasy Baseball leagues work anyway and they have huge numbers of players and updates to make. So depending on your league yours could be first to update or last etc. So there's a set time that overnight jobs will run, but there's no set time on when each league will update or when it will all be completed.

Anyone planning on doing this next season?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Same as that, but i actually gave up this season. Way too much effort for a beta test but it's interesting enough that i'll give it a go for cash prizes. Certainly won't put in the effort for this season with no cash on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone planning on doing this next season?

For sure.

I might run a #UFPL League next season, anyone interested in joining?

I would but that username really puts me off.

why

Have an FPL themed name by all means but that just makes it look like you are trying to seem to be part of the team behind FPL.

Mate, go on Twitter sometime and see all the #FPL related accounts, it's just a bit of craic...

Yeh as I say FPL themed accounts like FPLaddict or FPLad that makes sense but FPLcommunity sounds like an account an Official FPL rep would have that is here to support the community.

• Advertisement

Well, it's not, and yes it does serve that purpose...

Ok cool whatever you think is best. What sort of league are you thinking of setting up? H2H or traditional? There will probably be a good few leagues set up on here next season it'll probably just be easier to jump in those if you want to be in a competitive league.

I might setup a classic style league, check out fantasyplcommunity.blogspot.ie for details...

Ah so the name is advertising the site makes more sense now! Have you been doing it long? Best of luck with it always good to see new sites popping up.

Cheers for that, no just set it up yesterday, trying to get coverage...

Highlight the experience the writers have there is another Irish FPL site that picked up a good few people because one of the guys finished 2nd (I think it was second) so obviously people then want to hear everything they have to say!! Also write a few more blog posts and post the link of FPL forums (best check the charter for here as I am not sure how welcome that would be) FFS has a lot of people posting blog links and they probably get more FPL traffic than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I quite like the FSA Community myself, anyway lets move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Well, I'm going for the wider audience, giving advice and helping people do better, even if it means they do better than me... Ha!

Looking for one - two more writers also...

That's all well and good but if you want people to take your advice you should post up previous scores and your history. I cant seem to see this information on the blog.

If you want to gain some credibility get stuck into all the threads and give some opionions. also there are some excellent writers and people who know their stuff on this site, if you have a thorough read through it you will notice them, trying to get them to contribute to your site would be worthwhile too.

Best of luck.

On topic, i will give this a shot i was skeptical at 1st but coming around to it now.

i wouldnt be surprised in the long run if it took over as the main FPL, it has the potential anyway.

POKERKING wrote: »
    i wouldnt be surprised in the long run if it took over as the main FPL, it has the potential anyway.

Definitely can see it going that way amongst the more hardcore players in UK & Ireland but its going to be a tougher sell in countries where the time zones aren't so kind and obviously the countries where it will be outright banned due it being "gambling".

I noticed today that you could see oppositions teams during the matches, not sure if it's because the GW only spanned one matchday, but I would hope it's a change for good, makes it's much easier to see how others are doing during the GW

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

56....not too bad I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is it wildcard week does anyone know?

PopTarts wrote: »
    Is it wildcard week does anyone know?

Cutting it a bit close! This week is unlimited transfers and will be the last chance you have to make to change players (outside of emergency loans).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

jimmii wrote: »
    Cutting it a bit close! This week is unlimited transfers and will be the last chance you have to make to change players (outside of emergency loans).

I don't have huge interest in the Ultimate competition yet, maybe next year.

It takes a lot more effort and planning to manage.

Just changed my whole team :cool:

Wait there was a wildcard. Ah feck. ..

PopTarts wrote: »
    I don't have huge interest in the Ultimate competition yet, maybe next year.

It takes a lot more effort and planning to manage.

Just changed my whole team :cool:

Yeh takes a whole lot more work I guess its easy going from this point on. Takes a very different team to be good than in FPL.

Wait there was a wildcard. Ah feck. ..

Pretty much yeh and it was the last chance to make transfers window be shut now.

Yeah I know I transfers are closed now except for loans but didn't realise there was a wildcard first. Ah well I'll just have to live with the team I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yeah I know I transfers are closed now except for loans but didn't realise there was a wildcard first. Ah well I'll just have to live with the team I have.

Deadline is 12:30.

Yeh guessing they just wanted to test out the system with a heap of transfers going through it make sure it held up ok. I would imagine a lot of people forgot though! Sure its only for play this season just about learning the ins and outs to hopefully get a head start of people next season.

wonski wrote: »
    Deadline is 12:30.

Sweet thanks, I assumed it was the same as the standard version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sweet thanks, I assumed it was the same as the standard version of the game.

I only realised after reading this - made few changes just to use the free transfers, didn't even have a time to think about them.

The late deadline is handy as at least you have squads for one game which gives you a time to adjust (bench Kolarov for example)

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    I only realised after reading this - made few changes just to use the free transfers, didn't even have a time to think about them.

The late deadline is handy as at least you have squads for one game which gives you a time to adjust (bench Kolarov for example)

Yeh the time difference means you have to be a lot more dedicated to the game! Next season whoever has the most free time on a Saturday is probably going to win!

Advertisement