Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

SantryRed wrote: »
    Changing captaincy as the gameweek go on seems ridiculous to me.

Yeh it favours hardcore players even more. It works well enough for Sky & CL etc I assume it will work on a similar basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

This is open now

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

I didn't get an email. Is it first come first served?

IanOBo wrote: »

I got an email saying it's open today from 11.30 but I received it at 11.55!

Can log in and pick a team but haven't bothered yet. However all prices looked like the same as they are in the FPL game right now so gotta watch the price rises

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I just clicked the link on the main page and could pick the squad straight away.
    Done few minutes ago, not sure if there are any limits. 1127 players so far.

• Advertisement

Note that you have to log into your regular FPL team first I was clicking the link from the email and that just takes you to the coming soon page.

Be interesting to see what strategies are used you can either go with a heavy hitting 11 and then hope you don't get many players rested or go for a more balanced approach. 25 players does seem a bit many I would have though that 99% of teams will have at least one player they never use i've gone for 3 non-playing min priced players.

Originally it was meant to be capped at 1000 but that doesn't seem to be the case any more. The email just said that the game started this morning ahead of the first deadline on the 22nd. I would think if you want in register as soon as possible just in case!!

Would post my team but too many to mention, really. Hit auto complete for last 3 players (forwards) due to very little left to spend.

8-10 wrote: »
    I got an email saying it's open today from 11.30 but I received it at 11.55!

Can log in and pick a team but haven't bothered yet. However all prices looked like the same as they are in the FPL game right now so gotta watch the price rises

The prices are fixed in Beta version, so no need to watch the price rises.

wonski wrote: »
    The prices are fixed in Beta version, so no need to watch the price rises.

Good stuff I was hoping they'd do that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've set up a league if anyone is interested:
    Boards.ie Ultimate League 4449-815

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

might as well be the first to throw up a squad teamsheet so! put a team together last night, not a penny left in the bank :P

Screenshot+%252831%2529.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can anyone give a quick run down as to how this works please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Paully D wrote: »
    Can anyone give a quick run down as to how this works please?

Pick 25 players with a budget of 160m.

11 for the team, 7 for the bench and 7 reserves.

You can switch players fom the team and the bench (but not the reserves) during a Gameweek.

The deadline is a Saturday afternoon at 12.30pm. You can pick players who are playing at 3pm.

If they don't do well during the game then you can swap them with somebody on the bench who would be playing on a Sunday(before a Sunday deadline of 1.15pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

unkymo wrote: »
    Pick 25 players with a budget of 160m.

11 for the team, 7 for the bench and 7 reserves.

You can switch players fom the team and the bench (but not the reserves) during a Gameweek.

The deadline is a Saturday afternoon at 12.30pm. You can pick players who are playing at 3pm.

If they don't do well during the game then you can swap them with somebody on the bench who would be playing on a Sunday(before a Sunday deadline of 1.15pm).

Also the scoring system is more complex in this game(see below). You can see the points the players have on the transfer screen are different to their fpl points. For example someone like Navas look like a much better prospect in this game due to points awarded for successful crosses,big chances created and key passes. He's on 125 points compared to 90 in FPL.

During the season fantasy players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in Barclays Premier League matches. Points are awarded as detailed in the table below:
    Action Points
    For playing in a game 1
    For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
    For each goal scored 6
    For each goal scored by your midfielders 6
    For each goal scored by your forwards 6
    For each goal assist (when a pass or cross leads to a goal being scored, no defender touch must interfere with the pass) 3
    For your goalkeeper or defenders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
    For your midfielders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
    For every 3 saves 1
    For every penalty save 5
    For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
    For every penalty conceded -1
    For every penalty miss -2
    For every yellow card -1
    For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3
    For every own goal -2
    For every 3 crosses (a cross is defined where the ball is played to a team mate in the penalty area) 1
    For every 3 key passes (a key pass is one that leads to a shot at goal) 1
    For every big chance created (a big chance is one where the analyst determines the player should score) 1
    For every big chance missed -1
    For every 8 clearances, blocks or interceptions 1
    For every 8 recovered balls 1
    For every error leading to a goal -1

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Also the scoring system is more complex in this game(see below). You can see the points the players have on the transfer screen are different to their fpl points. For example someone like Navas look like a much better prospect in this game due to points awarded for successful crosses,big chances created and key passes. He's on 125 points compared to 90 in FPL.

During the season fantasy players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in Barclays Premier League matches. Points are awarded as detailed in the table below:
    Action Points
    For playing in a game 1
    For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
    For each goal scored 6
    For each goal scored by your midfielders 6
    For each goal scored by your forwards 6
    For each goal assist (when a pass or cross leads to a goal being scored, no defender touch must interfere with the pass) 3
    For your goalkeeper or defenders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
    For your midfielders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
    For every 3 saves 1
    For every penalty save 5
    For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
    For every penalty conceded -1
    For every penalty miss -2
    For every yellow card -1
    For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3
    For every own goal -2
    For every 3 crosses (a cross is defined where the ball is played to a team mate in the penalty area) 1
    For every 3 key passes (a key pass is one that leads to a shot at goal) 1
    For every big chance created (a big chance is one where the analyst determines the player should score) 1
    For every big chance missed -1
    For every 8 clearances, blocks or interceptions 1
    For every 8 recovered balls 1
    For every error leading to a goal -1

Did not notice this! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Really don't see myself ever entering this. Don't think you can beat the current model at this stage.

CSF wrote: »
    Really don't see myself ever entering this. Don't think you can beat the current model at this stage.

Its good that they are trying something different though I guess they have seen other games have a little bit of success and are now trying to crush it!! They know that a decent percentage of mini leagues are for money (at least in UK/Ire) so are looking to cater to those customers who are willing to put up the money.

I like the new structure the bigger the skill element the better imo.

jimmii wrote: »
    Its good that they are trying something different though I guess they have seen other games have a little bit of success and are now trying to crush it!! They know that a decent percentage of mini leagues are for money (at least in UK/Ire) so are looking to cater to those customers who are willing to put up the money.

I like the new structure the bigger the skill element the better imo.
    If some people end up enjoying it, that's great but I don't see it ever appealing to anything other than a niche market. The format of the one we all love so well has not been so successful (using an idea that has been kinda unsuccessful for years) by fluke.

If some people end up enjoying it, that's great but I don't see it ever appealing to anything other than a niche market. The format of the one we all love so well has not been so successful (using an idea that has been kinda unsuccessful for years) by fluke.

In fairness it's better that they're allowing us to try it out for 12 GW's rather than launching before season starts for money.

Means you don't really have to speculate about it being enjoyable or not, you can just give it a go today and see. Those who like it sign up next year, if it's not for you then don't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Is this a limited beta? I signed up but have not received a notification email that i can join.

Its not meant to though its meant to attract a different type of player and to keep the hardcore players happy who have been looking for certain changes to be made.

zarquon wrote: »
    Is this a limited beta? I signed up but have not received a notification email that i can join.

Just log into your regular FPL team then go to ultimate.premierleague.com and you should be able to pick a team.

Its not meant to though its meant to attract a different type of player and to keep the hardcore players happy who have been looking for certain changes to be made.

I still would love draft leagues

8-10 wrote: »
    I still would love draft leagues

Yeh same draft leagues are great. I use to run a work one draft nights were always good craic! Americans do it pretty successfully if they can manage it surely we can!!

Well its meant to be a moneymaker, and in doing so, they need to attract lots of people to make it a good venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any idea on the cost of it next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

As a former YTM and DT player i am more than happy to pay for entry to this.

dahat wrote: »
    Any idea on the cost of it next year?

5 GBP.

• Advertisement

And it is considered gambling:rolleyes:
    3. Entry into the Game is open to both UK and non-UK residents. However, strictly no entry is permitted from users in countries where betting or gambling are not permitted, including (but not necessarily limited to) the following: Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Finland, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States of America

Advertisement