Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭remoteboy

jimmii wrote: »
    Sounds like you might have a tough week! Its a very different game I started by selecting a standard FPL team then had a read of the rules and changed almost every player. You basically want to set your team up with 11 playing on Saturday and 7 playing on Sunday each week ideally with a decent captain shout on both days.

Ruh roh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

remoteboy wrote: »
    Ruh roh!

Ah sure its just for pretend anyway! You also have 3 transfers this week and next and then a WC after that so easily fixed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Any reason why under my Utd & City players it doesn't show who they're playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

PopTarts wrote: »
    Any reason why under my Utd & City players it doesn't show who they're playing?

Yea, it's showing next weeks fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

if I have Nolan on my bench can I bring him on for someone who has played - or is it only players who haven't played that can be brought on?

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    if I have Nolan on my bench can I bring him on for someone who has played - or is it only players who haven't played that can be brought on?

Only bring in players who haven't played. If you have a Sunday player starting over him its just tough luck! Never start a Sunday player in your 1st 11 if you can help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I already don't like it. The transfers are supposed to be opened an hour after last match. They are not, and I don't have a time to check every hour, most players won't have a time to do that. Unless they stick to their promise I am out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I take it you mean substitutions, Transfers are open.

However what's the logic behind having to check every hour, does the substitution window only stay open for a short time? I would expect it to stay open until the games tomorrow start.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I take it you mean substitutions, Transfers are open.

However what's the logic behind having to check every hour, does the substitution window only stay open for a short time? I would expect it to stay open until the games tomorrow start.

Yep - that is what I meant. Tomorrow is Sunday - I rather do it today and go out if you know what i mean:rolleyes:
    If they claim this is opened 1 hour after, then it should.
    Same with regular games when they say the BPs are awarded an hour after the last whistle - not true.
    It is OK for a free game, but not so when you pay and don't have a time to hang around and wait for the site to be updated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's open for subs.

EDIT:
    Do I take the armband off Rooney and give it to Suarez?
    Or bank the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Has this gone from the FF site? Used to be at the link below but seems to redirect me to regular FF now
    fantasy.premierleague.com/ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Has this gone from the FF site? Used to be at the link below but seems to redirect me to regular FF now
    fantasy.premierleague.com/ultimate

It's here

http://ultimate.premierleague.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's open for subs.

EDIT:
    Do I take the armband off Rooney and give it to Suarez?
    Or bank the points.

Close call, prob bank them. I had an easier decision with Captain Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dropped out Lallana for Walker today, losing 1 pt and risking Walker was a no brainer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'm liking the game so far. Only on 37pts but with Captain to play & 6 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

57 with 4 left to play including Captain.

I don't like how you can see an opponents entire squad, I think you should only be able to see their starting 11 and Subs (or maybe Sub used) especially when you can still make transfers, maybe open it up after the transfer window closes.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

I'm liking the game so far. Only on 37pts but with Captain to play & 6 players.

Same it was fun playing my two Hull players and benching Liverpool players and seeing them come in the points!! I think we'll see quite a few people with only 3 or 4 players today I doubt that will happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

55 with 5 to play. I think I'll like this next year. Regular fantasy has way too little to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭remoteboy

101. Pretty happy considering I have literally no clue how this game works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I fell at the first hurdle and forgot to make any subs for the sunday matches. I dont even have any excuses as I was watching most of the matches this weekend. I've given you all a nice head start as I'm in last place now :)

• Advertisement

Its definitely going to be a game where almost everyone misses something at some point in the season! No one can be available to make the changes the whole time!! Might be handy if you could set up an auto sub if your player scores <x although I would imagine that would slow down processing even more which I don't think anyone wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Has anyone setup an FSA league?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

In Saturdays games I had Sturridge captain (2) and Hazard vice captain (12). When I make my subs for the Sunday games is it possible for me to change the captain to a player that i know will not play and then have it default to Hazard so that Hazard's 12 becomes 24?

Hackers wrote: »
    In Saturdays games I had Sturridge captain (2) and Hazard vice captain (12). When I make my subs for the Sunday games is it possible for me to change the captain to a player that i know will not play and then have it default to Hazard so that Hazard's 12 becomes 24?

From the Rules:
    If a manager substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions or vice captain changes will take place on your team that Gameweek.

Nice try, but it isn't going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I am, although likely briefly, winning the Boards league as it stands.

Taking out 5 players though who all scored 2pts so not sure how that'll go today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

65 yestrday, removed Lllana and Sturridge for 2 players today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

8-10 wrote: »
    I am, although likely briefly, winning the Boards league as it stands.

Taking out 5 players though who all scored 2pts so not sure how that'll go today.

So you need the players you brought in to score over 20 points between them for it to have been worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So you need the players you brought in to score over 20 points between them for it to have been worth it

There's no cost for subbing out players, your just losing the points of the players you take out or have I got that wrong?

I had 59 yesterday but replacing 7 players so that 59 becomes 42 and hopefully the 7 will beat the difference! Switching captain from sturridge to ade so hoping to make ground on the Boards league leader!

• Advertisement

Thanks, there had to be something in the rules to prevent that plan!
    wonski wrote: »
    From the Rules:
    If a manager substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions or vice captain changes will take place on your team that Gameweek.

Nice try, but it isn't going to work.

Advertisement