Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I setup a team but I'm not too bothered with it tbh. They should just do a pay game with the set league for people who want it. They could even have public pay leagues where you are against people you don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    I setup a team but I'm not too bothered with it tbh. They should just do a pay game with the set league for people who want it. They could even have public pay leagues where you are against people you don't know.
    That is a really good idea, and would definitely make FPL a lucrative business for the top 1% of players of this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The homegrown and u21 rule is so silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The homegrown and u21 rule is so silly.
    How does that work?

CSF wrote: »
    How does that work?

Your squad needs to include at least 10 of these players.

• Advertisement

Can we all just figure out the best squad and all copy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

The prize for the beta is a tablet. Worth joining considering it's free.

I would prefer a cash entry version of the regular game though with entrants split into many private leagues for part of the cash whilst competing overall for large cash prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Remember a few years ago they used to keep track of where leagues were overall in the world compared to each other; the dropping of that was disappointing; Boards finished in top 5 or 10 a few years I think; it was based on the top 5 or 50 scores in each league or something; a prize for that would be good; we'd all get a fiver each probably; wait how could that possibly be administered....

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Remember a few years ago they used to keep track of where leagues were overall in the world compared to each other; the dropping of that was disappointing; Boards finished in top 5 or 10 a few years I think; it was based on the top 5 or 50 scores in each league or something; a prize for that would be good; we'd all get a fiver each probably; wait how could that possibly be administered....

That is still an option to view on the site ? The Fantasyfootballscout league is curreently top

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

wardie101 wrote: »
    That is still an option to view on the site ? The Fantasyfootballscout league is curreently top

Is that not just the top 5 world leagues though on the status page? Sorry I'm looking on a phone. Where is boards FSA in the world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I entered a team, but picked it in bout 3 minutes. Seems a lot of effort for a casual player. Plus managing two teams with potentially two sets of players would lead to a huge conflict of my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

wardie101 wrote: »

Been a while since another league won it I guess they thought it was getting a bit boring! I think last year FFS was 1st & 2nd even.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I entered a team, but picked it in bout 3 minutes. Seems a lot of effort for a casual player. Plus managing two teams with potentially two sets of players would lead to a huge conflict of my interest.

Yeh I set up a quick team and then read the rules and realised just how different the game was a good regular FPL team is a pretty poor UFPL team I would never have most of the UFPL players I have picked but from what I can see its the best strategy in UFPL!

Casuals will no doubt fall foul of the in GW changes too its going to be the hardcore players who sit on FFS and here all weekend who at a real advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I've signed up and joined the boards league. Not 100% (or even 50%) sure what I'm doing but what the hey. Have picked a bunch of players that aren't in my regular team to give me more to shout about at the weekend.

No Suarez though. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Auto-pick worked great for the team.
    Have no idea what i've done, there is a chance i win this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I put a team together & threw it into the Boards league!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Created a Head-To-Head league if any interest?

Code:

13284-2584

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Picked a team the other day and will just see how it rolls. Haven't much interest in this tbh.

PopTarts wrote: »

Code:

13284-2584

Joined up there. Looking a bit empty. Any other takers?

Code:

13284-2584

Joined. Can't wait to see my master plan destroy!!

• Advertisement

Is anyone else looking at their team thinking this just looks so wrong. It seems so bizarre having Bruce & Elmohaddy in the starting 11 and Sturridge & Suarez on the bench!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Code:

13284-2584

Open till half 12 for anyone else wanting to join it.

Might keep people's interest in the "Ultimate" game going...

jimmii wrote: »
    Is anyone else looking at their team thinking this just looks so wrong. It seems so bizarre having Bruce & Elmohaddy in the starting 11 and Sturridge & Suarez on the bench!!

Ok. I must have totally not understood the rules. Why did you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

remoteboy wrote: »

Because Liverpool play tomorrow and they can be subbed out for SAS tomorrow if today's players underperform.

He can change it after next deadline.
    All players who don't score today will be replaced by players who play tomorrow, I guess.

wonski wrote: »
    He can change it after next deadline.
    All players who don't score today will be replaced by players who play tomorrow, I guess.

Gotcha. That's going to take some getting used to alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Was checking this out during the week,is it the same as the champions league re subs,can you replace a low scoring player that played on a Saturday with a player that is due to play on a Sunday?

Was checking this out during the week,is it the same as the champions league re subs,can you replace a low scoring player that played on a Saturday with a player that is due to play on a Sunday?

Yes - as long as the player didn't receive a red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

wonski wrote: »
    Yes - as long as the player didn't receive a red card.

Cool.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you might have a tough week! Its a very different game I started by selecting a standard FPL team then had a read of the rules and changed almost every player. You basically want to set your team up with 11 playing on Saturday and 7 playing on Sunday each week ideally with a decent captain shout on both days.

Advertisement