Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Mar4ix wrote: »
    I no need it YET, just trying to find out source of kits. I know they exists, as when i was working in one garage, we took off auto box off audi a6 (some fancy one) , and brought to one other garage, where i did see that gearbox overhaul kit (was packed like in pizza box, all gears, synchros, seals was sealed in vacuum packets. )
    I cant ask them now, as that garage doesnt exist now.

I am not on vagcat, I am on myturbodiesel ;)

Vagcat is good. Never even looked at the forum but it has a part number cataloque that I used to use regularly. http://www.vagcat.com/epc/ You have to sign up to get the diagrams and engine /box codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Interslice wrote: »
    Vagcat is good. Never even looked at the forum but it has a part number cataloque that I used to use regularly. http://www.vagcat.com/epc/ You have to sign up to get the diagrams and engine /box codes.

Thanks for that info, myturbodiesel is good with tutorials and good knowledge base.. i have re-done my pd engine via their tutorials ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Installed my new rear flex hoses, for the nct retest.
    Zst2hI4.jpg

The old ones, both were like this.

zpgWkZA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

nd wrote: »
    [...]

The old ones, both were like this.

[...]

Ouch! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

joujoujou wrote: »
    Ouch! :eek:

Yeah in fairness to have someone look over your car up on a ramp for 55 euro isn't bad bad price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Picking up one of these lads for the car, don't use my CD player regardless and all the main buttons still accessible (as well as steering wheel). Might get a small tablet too.

61mb8GxKYXL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountek-Smartphones-Tablets-Dashboard-Functions/dp/B00HMDYH2U/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Can you get one of those for tape decks do you think??

Would be interested in something like that too and can't find anything but i did find this yoke

Would be interested in something like that too and can't find anything but i did find this yoke

Hmmmm that would be all kinds of useful! Any links?

Hmmmm that would be all kinds of useful! Any links?

Theres this app called Geek - Smarter shopping that kept popping up on my fb page so I downloaded it. Its full of dirt cheap gadgety things like that. A lot of rubbish but some useful thing's.

See if this link does anything. You might have to download the app. Its much easier to use than the actual website

http://www.wish.com/geek/m/c/53d8dd5746188e43665cebb1

• Advertisement

Theres this app called Geek - Smarter shopping that kept popping up on my fb page so I downloaded it. Its full of dirt cheap gadgety things like that. A lot of rubbish but some useful thing's.

See if this link does anything. You might have to download the app. Its much easier to use than the actual website

http://www.wish.com/geek/m/c/53d8dd5746188e43665cebb1

You gotta make an account, not bad for 12 quid though! I'll get one later on

You gotta make an account, not bad for 12 quid though! I'll get one later on

I signed in using my fb page.

Can't see one dude but they can also slot into creveses in the dashboard too, I'll post a little review once it arrives (trialling Prime and got 1 day shipping for free).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try http://www.tmart.com/ they do free shipping to Ireland. They have a uk warehouse so check that's selected or it will be despatched from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Got two Dunlop sports fitted today and binned the cheap crap on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Anyne looking for a phone holder I have a tetrax thing and find it very good.

Anyne looking for a phone holder I have a tetrax thing and find it very good.
    Does it fit in an Avensis :P

Fitted footwell lights to the Focus today easy mod as its all wired already just no bulbs! 2 501 bulbs job done. Got it washed too!
    imagejpg1_zpsfd9bdfc1.jpg

imagejpg2_zps1d3d08d3.jpg

imagejpg3_zps4c2838a9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Got two Dunlop sports fitted today and binned the cheap crap on it!

Take it easy off the mark with the Dunlops as well. You'll light them up fairly easily if they're on the front. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

dar83 wrote: »
    Take it easy off the mark with the Dunlops as well. You'll light them up fairly easily if they're on the front. ;)

Feck the tyres mind your driveshafts :p

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »

How you mean...ya they are on the front. What tyres ye have on your cars lads and recommend

How you mean...ya they are on the front. What tyres ye have on your cars lads and recommend

Vredistien Ultrac Sessanta atm, they are ok but not a patch on Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2's which i am getting again next time around.

Ya they were out of the good years but the Dunlop are good it seems anyway reading online. I'll change the back in new year too when funds allow. Might put goodyears on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How are you breaking driveshafts?

Have you extra power than stock or something?

How are you breaking driveshafts?

Have you extra power than stock or something?

Yes, Ford shafts don't like 300+Ft/lb of torque unfortunately :(

Is nice motorsport shafts you can get but they are 800 sterling so many in feb or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

2006 BMW 325i iDrive upgrade from CCC to CIC with HD screen, video playback from DVD drive.

DSC_0443.JPG

DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_0453.JPG

CIC starting for the first time here...

DSC_0455.JPG

DSC_0462.JPG

Maps updated to the latest version

DSC_0466.JPG

CIC coded to the car now (Car has Logic7 so there was no sound)
    It is working now :D, The songs says it.

DSC_0468.JPG

DSC_0486.JPG

NAvigation feature enabled

DSC_0478.JPG

DSC_0491.JPG

Bluetooth working just fine with the original module.

DSC_0492.JPG

New radio and fascia in place and secure

DSC_0474.JPG

Job done

DSC_0498.JPG

DSC_0504.JPG

bmstuff wrote: »
    2006 BMW 325i iDrive upgrade from CCC to CIC with HD screen, video playback from DVD drive.
    Your pics always make me want a BMW :rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

If you've got bad tyres then your shafts will be fine, it's only when you've got tyres that grip properly that you need to worry about shearing your shafts! :pac:

Eagle F1's, they're yer only man.. errr tyre. I've never put anything else on it. Costs me a small fortune in rubber, but now I'm in a stable relation the last two years it's somewhat offset...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Winter tyres arrived, as well as spigot rings. Will put them on after Christmas (no motoring until 5 Jan anyway). The time has come to repair one badly scratched alloy ("before" photos here).

Tools used (photos from google):

332459.jpg

332460.jpg GRIT 60

332461.jpg GRIT 240

Result:

332462.jpg

And painted:

332463.jpg

It's not perfect, but enough for secondary, winter set. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice job Jou!!

Advertisement