Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

He'll be fine. Sure you have the monitor. I did the same with my daughter. She was sleeping fine but Was the noisiest yoke ever.

My two took it in turns to be unsettled last night, so I got about 30 minutes sleep. The spare part for my car mirror (which I broke the other week when sleepy) arrived yesterday evening. I stupidly decided to go fit it this morning, dropped it, and smashed it. Arg!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

oh pwurple that could have been me, I know how you feel. And after its broken you ask yourself why did you do it in the first place.

Had a a look into the passport thing yesterday again and yes it is much easier to get him an irish passport. So German embassy you can f.. off. And the joke off it.. OH came home yesterday and told me he got a job offer in Germany its not a brilliant one but he wanted to know what I was thinking about it. Well, to be honest the thought of having to live there again got me very close to a panic attack and the thought of LO growing up there made it worst. No thanks, was never happier in my life so no thanks. Thank god OH sees it the same way.
    My LO really looks like the Michelin man, he is wearing 3-6 month closes now, well he is long as well but he is only 5 weeks old. On the other hand, at least all the bottels go somewhere. Last night he drowned a 6 oz bottle and wanted more so I guess he had 8 oz in nearly one go. Well that will be fun when he gets older how will I feed the two of them? ;-)
    Looks like he got a really good sleep, cant say that about mammy, he is still so noisy, as he wants entertainment the whole day today. Today he loves curtains, yesterday it was doors but only white ones not the red one of the garage. He wants to look at them all the time. So now he is looking at the curtains in the living room must be fascinating. Better than standing in front of the en suite for ages.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh siipina i could of wrote some of that post. L drank 7 this morning so offered 7 at last bottle and only drank 5. Ya would yhink he read my post from yestetday. Im making it in the firmula pitcher so i can top up as needed.
    Hes also starting to outgrow 0-3 mnth clothes and will only be 4weeks on sunday. Might get another lil while out of some but the pennys stuff seem bit shorter (hes also long).

Ive decided wil probably move him to his room sunday night. Has his bcg today so wont chance tonight. Then were heading off tomorrow and will be home fairly late so no point then either. Im sitting relaxing at the mo with toddler in bed and L napping in pram. Hes that loud i actually had to turn up the tv.

pwurple how bloody annoying is that. Id say a few swear words were said possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm sure you're all going to hate me but our 5 week old girl slept for 9 hours last night. Fell asleep around midnight and didn't start crying to be picked up until after 9 this morning. Most nights it's more like sleep for 5/6 hours then feed and sleep again for another few hours. My wife is breast feeding and it seems to be going well but it is tough going for her not being able to get away for more than an hour in case LO wants food! She is nearly 11 pounds now and doesn't really fit in the smaller 0-3 month clothes any more, babygros from Next seem particularly small? Lots of smiles now and she is starting to become a lot more aware of what is going on around her.

Extremely jealous..

Grrr bloody needles and its only the start. L had no routine today spent most the day snacking rather than drinking a good bottle. I feel like im feeding him all day. Settled to bed alright so hopefully will get back into a bit of routine.

Brought my mother with me while going to get the BCG so she could watch the toddler (toddler wont stay with her in her house) God talk about stressfull. She is seriously hitting the terrible 2's and to top it off between trying to carry L in car seat, changing bag, handbag and hold A's hand I think I done something to my pelvis. Feels like ive SPD again. Oh and I loaned my serola belt to someone who is due next month to save them buying one so don't even have that. Hoping with a bit of relaxing it will ease off as I have a 4 hr round car journey tomorrow but will have a few hours between getting there and returning.

• Advertisement

In the car on the 2 hour trip to wexford that we do this time of year every year and just realised it was on this very journey last year was when we decided to try for our 2nd baby. Now were going down to see all our family with our newest lil bundle and our lil madam in the car.

Suucee wrote: »
    In the car on the 2 hour trip to wexford that we do this time of year every year and just realised it was on this very journey last year was when we decided to try for our 2nd baby. Now were going down to see all our family with our newest lil bundle and our lil madam in the car.

:eek: Hope ye pulled over! :eek:

Our 3 year old is gone on a sleepover with her cousins. Realising now how little trouble the baby is, she just sits there and doesn't try to tear the house apart at all!

pwurple wrote: »
    :eek: Hope ye pulled over! :eek:

Our 3 year old is gone on a sleepover with her cousins. Realising now how little trouble the baby is, she just sits there and doesn't try to tear the house apart at all!

Hahaha. I meant we had the conversation ha ha

God my lower back in bits. More to the left side where was the most pain when had the spd. Think im gona have to ask for my serola belt back. Ugh just when i was getting back in the swing of things. Was looking forward to jumping in the bouncy castle next week with toddler. Im so hoping it will ease off asap and i dont have to go back to physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Suucee wrote: »
    Hahaha. I meant we had the conversation ha ha

God my lower back in bits. More to the left side where was the most pain when had the spd. Think im gona have to ask for my serola belt back. Ugh just when i was getting back in the swing of things. Was looking forward to jumping in the bouncy castle next week with toddler. Im so hoping it will ease off asap and i dont have to go back to physio.

I have two of these belts ........ Could send you one ?!

LH2013 wrote: »
    I have two of these belts ........ Could send you one ?!

Thanks for the offer that very nice. I bit the bullet and asked for mine back. After all i did spend 50e on it as out hospital dont give them out.

The girl was decent about. Ill have it back tomorrow morning. Well she was hardly going to say no. Not great today but did walk up and around time. Was in bits this evening couldnt lean on my left leg to walk up the stairs. Supposed to be going to the zoo tuesday so hoping with the belt ill be a bit better. I dont know wheather to ring physio or wait and see if it eases . Dont know if my gp needs to re refer me or what either.

• Advertisement

I still suffer from SPD off and on .... I also find that my pelvis clicks when i turn at night !!!! Really annoying , I Thought it would just get better once the baby had arrived !!!

Same here. I actually think it's getting worst again. Might be the carrying around of LO. Thank god after the birth it stopped clicking but I still have the sleep with a pillow between the legs.
    Sleep. . . Well no. Prob you all think now I am mad but LO through a tantrum last night. He wakes up and wants his bottle. Now in this moment. He is always like that. But last night it took longer and he really really got pissed off. He wasn't screaming or crying he was more growling. Have no other words for the sound he made. And when he got the bottle it he was cocking it away and wanted it on the same time. There is milk now all over me and the bed and of cause the baby. I guess we will have a lot of fun with him when he get older. He hates it as well when he is in his baby gym and can't reach something he starts this growling then as well and ends up with.screaming most of the time. Mental note send him as early as possible to play rugby ;-)

Yea i still sleep with pillow between my legs too. Ive got that used to it i never stopped.

So L got evicted to his own room last night. He was grand . Woke at 12 (OH normalky does this feed but he was gettin sick . No idea what was wrong with him) then woke at 3.30 then the dog woke me barking at 5 then L woke at 6. Why can he go 7.30 to 12 but then wakes more often after that.

Toddler in bood form today too. Think its going to be a long day.

Siipina my little boy throws tantrums too !!!!! People told me no way could he be but he does !!!! He throws his arms in the air and shakes them and screams for the bottle ...... Dont even think of taking it off him until he wants lol

Oh thank god, thanks LH :-) So he is kind of normal :-) I was so shocked last night, like he was like that before but not so bad. Well at least they know what they want.
    We measured him yesterday and he grew 9 cm in 6 weeks no wonder he is hungry all the time only thing though his Moses Basket is getting a bit small. I thought he could stay in there for 2 or three month but no. So he will have to move into his cot now thank god be bought one where you can take on of the sites of so it can stand beside my bed like a balcony. Yes yes I know I am lazy, yhat way I dont have to get up at night :-)
    The little prince wants food now more often. He used to sleep from 11 until 3.30 but now he needs a pit stop as well at 1.30. why? It was so nice the way it was. A friend told me that they sleep through after the christening, was already looking at flights today :-)

Ooh hope your right. L being christened sunday.He has already outgrown the carrycot for the pram it is fairly small though. He is preffering the travel cot in sitting room or his cot in his room than the carrycot or moses baaket.

Today he decided he wanted a bottle every 2 and half hours. Had 1 four hour stretch. So he ended up drinking 1 more bottle than he normally would. Hope hes stocking up for tonight.

The 2 of them spent the morning taking it in turns to cry but once i got them both settled for a nap i had a snooze and when i woke we were all in better form.

Oh he got himself worked up for a bottle today. It was only about 2 and hlf hours since he had 5oz so i thought it was wind so kept trying to wind him. He got so worked up and crying he even had lil tears. My poor wee man. I eventually decided to try another bottle and that done the trick. Silly mammy thinking it was wind.

Have to go to the hospital on Thursday for my sugar test again, to see if I still have it. First I really dont look forward to it just because of that reason, second they want me there at 8.30 am. and because LO still doesnt think that the night is there for sleeping it is for me in the middle of the night. have to get up latest 6 am to get me ready and LO and food and all this. Have nobody to babysit so have to bring him. Will be so great, to get blood taken have to wait 3 hours and get it taken again and all with LO there with me and because all the corridors there are so narrow and packed with people I cat bring the pram so will have him in the baby carrier. It is really really tempting not to go to be honest.
    Tried the "cot balcony" last night and it went well much easier then the moses basket as I dont have to lift him around unfortunately he was awake and in play mood so not too much sleep but a happy baby :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Siipina I had a lot of doc appts in the few months after my first was born for both of us including 6 hours in a hard seat in A&E and honestly its ok not as bad as you'd think. They tend to sleep pop them up in the sling make sure you have his bottle handy or dody or whatever and make sure you have your phone charged to keep you entertained.

I've hurt my stupid shoulder so sore! Hope everyone's enjoying the good weather :)

Oh siipina what a pain that would be.

we went to the zoo for toddlers bday. Cant believe she is 2. Im in bloody bits though. I actually cant lift baba in the car seat. I struggled to walk up the stairs with him in my arms this evening. Im really going to pay for this tomorrow. But had a fab day. A had a ball and L just ate and slept. Actuallt had to wake him for his bottles. (Probably the heat and the pram keeping him asleep).
    Hes taking his time to settle now and so is toddler as she slept in the car on the way home.
    OH about to head out to football. Hope i wont be spending the evening up and down the stairs. Im hardly able to move.

I rang the physio and they wont see me untill 6 weeks after the birth. So will have an app in 2 weeks. With the christening and bday party on sunday its going to be a fairly self service affair.Im still gutted i wont be able to get in bouncy castle with LO. I still have bits to sort for it too and the way i feel at the mo i duno when im going to be able to do it.
    I suppose i was walking around the zoo for 3-4 hrs.

Gosh you guys are having a tough time. My back is giving niggley pains alright, but nothing too bad. Finally got the toddler to try the buggy board yesterday and of course totally overdid it on a 7k walk pushing the two of them up and down hills. Feeling it in my back and legs today. I need longer arms for that buggy board!

The two of them have sniffles the last couple of days too. Only bothers them at nigt of course... Bleurg.

• Advertisement

Im raging though cause spd really went away even before L was born. I was able go out and walk for ages. Only last week i was messing with toddler in trampoline and laughing as wasnt able do anything like that with her in months.
    But popped something carrying the car seat fri.

My toddler sniffly too but thinking might be hayfever. Brought her in to chemist on sunday as she had loads of insect bites too so wanted to get something for her. Must be some mad insects in our garden this year. Never had this problem before.

Had a bit of a melt down and feeling pretty down and teary. L woke at 11.30, 2, 4, 6.30.
    Im wrecked OH did get uo but i took ages to get comfy and get asleep.

Toddler also very whingey and crying if she cant get something etc lately and its really gettin on my nerves as she keeps waking L. (I know its because she cant comunicate but still hard to deal with when wrecked tired).

I know its awful to say and ive tears in my eyes typing it but i think i kind of feel angry at L. My "down there" is in tatters , i cant walk without looking like an old lady hobbling, i can only walk up the stairs 1 step at a time, i cant get in and out of the shower witgout help (our shower is over the bath). I feel bad as i know its not his fault . I feel like im not spending enough time with toddler and thats why she is whingey but also feel im not bonding with L properly.
    Im so angry. I just keep shouting at my toddler if she runs in to me on her car. Or whinges .
    And i feel so bad for that too.

Ugh think its a bit of sleep deprivation. Going tk get things ready and head to a parent and toddler grp. (Feel a bit bad for that too, exposing L to all the others) . But think ill feel worse at home. Actually duno what to do anymore.

It's sleep deprivation on top of everything. I'm the same today. Snuffley baby did not sleep for more than 15 mins at a time, she was so stuffed up she couldn't suck properly, got very distressed. Crying baby woke toddler who then whinged and kept trying to climb on top of me. Husband stayed up watching stupid sport until 1:30am, and got the hump when I poked him at 5am for a hand. I want to tell the whole lot of them to feck off today and leave me alone.

Time to call my mum over I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Suuccee it is really tough. I think it's a combo of sleep and hormones and no break... I had days like that too. And I can't get out at the moment after S having pneumonia and C misses other kids (although had a friend call over yest she really enjoyed it). I should be going to bf group today and can't. My oh is working super long hours, and all the grandparents work full time so I really don't have anyone I can call for a break at all. So basically it's not just you, and don't feel guilty. She won't remember the shouting and it is much harder with two... And I don't have SPD to deal with.

I got out. L looked for a bottle so gave him quick 1oz to tie him over. Put them in the car and went. Gave L his soother and he dosed off till we got there . (Its only 5-10mins away).

Had a nice chat with few of the other mothers (bit more understanding than OH). And feeling so much better also alot sorer.

Had to carry L in from the car whem we got home (not in car seat as cant carry it) and toddler was whinging and pulling at me ( was tired) and i did have a shout at her again. I dont know why im so angry. But got her sorted and up for her nap and had quick cuddle and kiss.
    But still not feeling as bad as i was this morning. At least i know im not on my own.

My mum is no help as she doesnt be too well . So i txt my friend this morning before i went about needing a chat as feeling crap. Her reply was that she had stuff to do and feeling stressed etc etc (she recently split from her partner and had to move) i mean thanks for your help in my hour of need. If she couldnt call up a quick phone call would of been grand but to spout on about her problems (dont get me wrong shes been through alot but ive been there. Listened to her, looked after her child etc) but she didnt even want to know. Then text asking about a trailer to help move her stuff.

Oh a big hug to all of you, and a nose of sleep as well ;-)
    This f..g spd, I still think it deepens on the weather as well, try to take it a bit easy and always use your pelvis floor muscles. I forgot about them , so didnt do the exercise and when standing up from the couch with LO in my arms I didnt use them. Well got the kick up. So since I do it, it got much better. Oh and I use a bigger pillow in bed.
    Ha me baby brain. Thank god I ordered yesterday something on amazon as there was written : If you order now it will be delivered on Thursday the 1st of May. Me thinking, mmhhhhhhh I have the appointment for the first of May but its on Wednesday. Mhh no wasnt. So I nearly went to the hospital on the wrong day. stupid me.
    I know that sounds awful but little one had only one feed last night, we went to bed at 11 he woke at 1.30 for a bottle back to sleep around 2 and at ten to six he woke again. So made OH coffee, was awake anyway, and when he left for work we stayed in bed and had a nice cuddle/sleep time until 10 :-) even the dog didnt want to get out of bed.
    Thanks cyning I think sometimes I`m over thinking things, I just hope LO sleeps the same way tonight like last night.

Oh Suucee, that is really s... of your friend. Thats what they are there for. I know how you feel, had that as well and it hurts. But atleast you got out and you are feeling a bit better now. Thats the main thing. Can you give your OH baby and toddler duty and go for a walk for an hour? Or even on your own food shopping? O even sleep? Big hug to you and it will get better, I am sure.

OH works 9-6 mon-fri. He is fairly good when he is here though and there really not that bad hours.

Would be a nice to get out in the evenings but dont think id be able go shopping with my hip feeling like this. They are both asleep at the mo and im munching an easter egg (f**k the weight loss) and ordering rest of party stuff online (thank god for tesco home delivery)

Big hugs to all ...... Everyone has a bad few days so don't feel too bad xx

We had our 6 week check up today , he is now 13 lbs !!! They put him on Zantac for reflux ...... And guess what ... Stoopid infection back grrrrrrrrr

Booked christening for Saturday week loads to do !!

• Advertisement

So got my sis up to give a hand. SPD worsened during the day and I was really struggling to walk and look after them. She reckons we should try hungrier baby as L is looking for a bottle every 2 hours all day. We tried a few night time bottles last week and there was a bit of improvement during the night but were still giving ordinary milk during the day. I think we might give it a go. All day he was having 4-5 then looking for another 2oz 2 hours later then after another 2 hours will drink another 4-5oz. im running out of sterile bottles . This evening he looked for a bottle at 6. had 3oz. Then we had a chance to get something to eat then got them washed and ready for bed and he drank another 3 emptying the bottle and roared until we gave him another 1oz. Lucky we had some there. He is out for the count now but for how long.

So had a good chat with my sister about it all and she is going to come up tomorrow to give me a hand. She brought me up some solpadol and ponstan and they have kicked in and feeling loads better. (I can actually walk again). The pain got that bad earlier I was on the verge of routing out my crutch as I could hardly walk. Think I will head to GP tomorrow to see if they can prescribe me something (now that I can take something stronger than paracetamol ) and see if they reckon I could get an earlier physio appointment. I don't know how I will cope with the 2 kids if this continues.

Chilled out a lot more now this evening so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Oh and my friend has realised she was a lil self absorbed earlier and has txt me asking whats wrong. Better late than never I suppose.

Advertisement