Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

She has been teething from about 7 wks-ish.

Not sure have i noticed funny breathing from reflux, or from the headcold she picked up from her sister, which she has had for the last three weeks.

The breathing stopping story has scared the crap out of me.

I'll chuck up a reflux thread in newborns, i'd love some tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh god SS... Scared me too! S goes slightly blue around her lips at times, c used do the same. She's gaining weight really well (420g in 2 weeks) so weight isn't an issue, but she gets so upset from it.

I'm off over for tips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

L was even better last night. Bed at 7.30 . OH woke him at 11.45 to give him bottle before he came to bed. Then he slept till 4.50 . Had 6oz and back asleep by 5.10. And still asleep.

Be's fixed. No need for returning him. :-)

Suucee wrote: »
    L was even better last night. Bed at 7.30 . OH woke him at 11.45 to give him bottle before he came to bed. Then he slept till 4.50 . Had 6oz and back asleep by 5.10. And still asleep.

Be's fixed. No need for returning him. :-)

Nice one! Come fix my baby now. :)

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    Nice one! Come fix my baby now. :)

Haha it was either the bear or the sheet. I dont care which it was. Lyin in bed now OH giving toddler her brekkie and i can see a lovely blue sky. So happy. Jeez mad how a bit of sleep changes everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

That's great suucee! Ur seem to have a great routine now!

My LO seems to have gotten into the routine of going down between 10 and 11pm. Waking around 2.30 for an hour and again at 5.30am
    For an hour. This has been going on for a while now and while initially I didn't mlnd I'm starting to wonder would a bottle of EBM before help out and make her sleep a bit longer.... I wouldn't mind
    Having to get up at 3 or 4am or whatever if it was just the once. And I wouldn't even mind the 2 wakes if she was gojng to sleep earlier than 10 or 11pm.... Any suggestions?

Sligo its exhausting when there up so much. Sure no harm trying the bottle of EBM at least your OH could give it so you could get a rest thats what we do. I go to bed about 10. OH does 11.30 bottle before he comes to bed then i do middle of the night and he does first thing in the morning. Then twice a week he does the middle of the night to give me a good sleep.

Men would make you laugh. (Well my OH anyway). Since the weather looked nice this morning i decided to cut the grass and tidy the garden a bit as neighbour calling up for a play date so thought we could let the out to play.
    Anyway popped L in buggy and brought A out while i tidied (ive 4 dogs so was making sure all the poop was gone) when 2 kids went for their nap at 12 i decided to cut the grass. Well it started to rain. I said sure it will only be a quick shower ill continue. But it poured down. There was no point stopping then. So i got filthy and soaked. Then it was 1and OH was in for lunch and both kids woke. Dinner had been in the oven and was done so asked OH to watch them while i jumped in shower as id have no chance after he went back to work.

Came down the stairs 15 mins later to L screaming A crying sitting at the table. A puddle of milk on the floor and a very frazzled looking OH.

That's hilarious! Only 15min! Lol. Fair play to you for doing the lawns aswell with 4 dogs and 2 babies... Ahh do we have a superwoman here!?
    My OH does the lawns... Thank god...

I might try the EbM but she's been so fussy lately and has been refusing any bottle altogether the last few weeks when I've tried to go out for an hour or anything. She just screams when the bottle touches her lips. OH had an awful time when I went to my friends for dinner last Thursday with her. Going to keep trying tho. Would be great of we could get her to take bottle before bed and she slept longer....

Fingers crossed she will start taking it again for him.

Ha far from supermum. OH normally does it but hasnt had chance with weather in the evenings lately so when i seen it dry this morning i said i would do it. Back was in bits after it all though.

A keeps waking L when he is napping in travel cot in sitting room so popped him up to cot today . I have no stair gate on the bottom of the stairs as i let her come up and down as she pleases as she is well able to do it and loves going up to play in her room. Anyway she was up playin and i was on the phone to work. (trying to see if they would offer career break as unlikely to be going back) and i heard her go in to his room calling "cukoo cook cukoo cook" ( still cant say luke so says cook) .
    Stair gate swiftly went back on this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Sligo I got the nuby silicone bottle so you can squeeze it to get them to start drinking might be worth a shot. And umm the nurses in the hosp used a dody dipped in glycerine and aniseed: I had to do that to get S to start sucking on the bottle tip. No bother then. Worth a shot maybe? I know it's far from ideal.

Jaysus I'm shattered. Another Long day. My brother is starting a new business. His wife is doing exams in dublin and my parents are on hols, so i took baby over at about 9ish, (after washing went out on line) with sanwiches for us, and manned the phones for the morning while he cleaned the place and got set up. Managed to mind baby and set up software while talking to customers and suppliers (thanks headset and sling!) Picked up toddler from creche at 2, headed to hospital for her checkup (doesn't have asthma, yay!). Must put pay and display meters into room 101, dragging kids back and forth through hospital carparks with no footpaths multiple times is a pain!

Then long walk with a picnic to try to tire her out because she has been going to sleep later and later for the last few nights. Then electrician and plumber over cos our heating is gone wallop(not fixed!). out gardening (major slug attack on my lettuces!) cook dinner for all (plus brother). Girls both asleep now, husband not home from work yet, and he's thinking of going over to give my brother a hand tonight as well. So.. much.. going.. on... Must do bottles now and get clothes off line. Into my bed as soon as I can.

Jaysus I'm shattered. Another Long day. My brother is starting a new business. His wife is doing exams in dublin and my parents are on hols, so i took baby over at about 9ish, (after washing went out on line) with sanwiches for us, and manned the phones for the morning while he cleaned the place and got set up. Managed to mind baby and set up software while talking to customers and suppliers (thanks headset and sling!) Picked up toddler from creche at 2, headed to hospital for her checkup (doesn't have asthma, yay!). Must put pay and display meters into room 101, dragging kids back and forth through hospital carparks with no footpaths multiple times is a pain!

Then long walk with a picnic to try to tire her out because she has been going to sleep later and later for the last few nights. Then electrician and plumber over cos our heating is gone wallop(not fixed!). out gardening (major slug attack on my lettuces!) cook dinner for all (plus brother). Girls both asleep now, husband not home from work yet, and he's thinking of going over to give my brother a hand tonight as well. So.. much.. going.. on... Must do bottles now and get clothes off line. Into my bed as soon as I can.

Now that sounds more like supermom than me cutting the grass.

What carrier are you using. L is not taking to my mei tai at all. Have been on to baby wearing ireland to see about hiring some .

Oh good lord pwurple I'm exhausted after reading that!!

Suuccee I use a close carrier or a ring sling mainly find both very handy.

You know what they say pwurple.... Give a busy person a job and it gets done! I'm exhausted after reading that!

Thanks cyning... Going to look into that nuby today.

I'm using a baby bjorn at the moment, as she is still chest facing. I'll switch to the ergo when she gets a bit big for the bjorn.

Feeling the restrictions today. My best bud called and thinks she is having a MC.. Normally I'd drive up there for support, But I can't abandon them here. I can only talk to her on the phone. Must be even worse for her when I have a newborn. :(

Awh pwurple thats awful.

I thing im looking more for a buckle carrier so quick on and off. Ive been on to babywearing ireland anyway and going to get on to koalacubs now. Like the boba air. Only 65 and folds very small but want to check if it will be suitable for use for long walks and every day use.

Your poor friend pwurple. I hope she is ok.

Cyning is this the bottle you're taking about? https://www.google.ie/search?q=nuby+silicone+squeeze+feeder

Where did you get it? I've never seen them before.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Your poor friend pwurple. I hope she is ok.

Cyning is this the bottle you're taking about? https://www.google.ie/search?q=nuby+silicone+squeeze+feeder

Where did you get it? I've never seen them before.

This is the one: http://www.boots.ie/en/Nuby-Natural-Touch-Silicone-Baby-feeding-Bottle-Step1-150ml_1110339/

It's quite new it was at a local chemist baby event I saw it!

Cool. Thanks. Will have a look in boots today. Have you tried the medela calma teet?

• Advertisement

No is that good? I seem to have lost the ability to express so frustrated I have no stash so if needed she's going to have to have formula. Which would be fine but trying to avoid any changes right now because she's not pooing again!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

My poor baby got his injection today :( He is thrown down since !!!! He was so upset !

Its going to be a long night !

Here's a link for the medela calma. http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/594/calma

My pump came with the calma and I don't know I didn't think to try it out! They retail at around €15 I think! Now I've just looked for it and can't find it!

I bought those nuby bottles this afternoon. Got 3 for €12.99 in boots. Might try them tonight. I hope they work.

Is nearly love to have less milk cyning. I've got so much milk and am getting blocked ducts literally very week coz she won't empty them. And I don't want to be expressing all the time coz then I'll just produce more. I express once every morning straight after she feeds and still have extra. Now I want to cut that put and worried about me poor boobs!

What pump do you have? I find the medela swing really good.

Had 6 week check. L has dropped down from 50th percentile (cant remembet to whuch). She wasnt rrally concerned but i was shocked due to the amount he is drinking. Ah well. Not concerned anyway. She reckons he prob is teething too. He still has a hydrocele on his testicle (fluid around his testicle) but it has reduced since the 2 week check so they will chevk again at 4 month vaccine as 2 month vaccine too soon.

He is 11 lbs so will have to re think the carrier im after as it isnt suitable until 15 lbs and i dont think i can wait that long.

She examined me too and is very happy with how im healing. And asked me about contraception. I laughed. Too afraid at the mo anyway.

So all good really.

Thanks be to God she took a bottle!!!!!!

Glad the check up went ok suucee. Hopefully things all get back to normal for you soon :)

I have the Nuk pump: it was fantastic on num 1 and for the first few weeks the minuscule amount of time I used it. If I couldn't see her growing before my eyes I'd doubt I had any milk: 12lbs 15oz now at 9 weeks :)

What bottle worked for you??

cyning wrote: »
    I have the Nuk pump: it was fantastic on num 1 and for the first few weeks the minuscule amount of time I used it. If I couldn't see her growing before my eyes I'd doubt I had any milk: 12lbs 15oz now at 9 weeks :)

What bottle worked for you??

I think I spoke too soon... She took around 50ml from the nuby and now screaming her head off so I put get back on the boob! I think she's nearly just using me as a comforter... She's barely even sucking.... At least she's not screaming...

Foooook. Hairloss is starting up here... You should see the state of my pillow this morning! I had bald patches to hide the last time.

And it means the first period can't be far off either. Oh noes.

I'm starting to think this baby has hay fever or something, week three of this sniffle now. Must google if babies can get hay fever.

Foooook. Hairloss is starting up here... You should see the state of my pillow this morning! I had bald patches to hide the last time.

And it means the first period can't be far off either. Oh noes.

I'm starting to think this baby has hay fever or something, week three of this sniffle now. Must google if babies can get hay fever.

Aw pwurple it awful isn't it! I lost sooo much hair last time around month 4-5. It was when I stopped bfing so not sure if it was to do with the hormones or something. I was nearly bald! And it was only 6 weeks before my wedding. Dreading losing it this time. My hair is usually thin anyway and it's lovely and thick at the moment. Reeeeally don't want to lose it :(

• Advertisement

I must be the oppisite. Mine thinned out during the pregnancy (i put that down to stress though). Hasnt started yet. Although he is only 6 weeks. But didnt fall out last time either. And its so bloody thick.

Pwurple i wonder the same re hayfever. Toddler was always like that when she was small. Still is. And its always when were suffering too. L bit snuffly too.

Advertisement