Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lmao at your husband. Mine is the same, they are oblivious sometimes.

I am scratching bites like a mad woman, was eaten alive by midges today while i was clearing out an old overgrown area to make a new veggie patch. If i take an antihistamine and hit the sack, will I sleep through the baby waking i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Go wan pop a piriton.... U deserve it. Lol. Could u put monitor on full close to ur head?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Pneumonia is scary... Hosp at this age is bad enough, I nearly dropped when he said that. She's all hooked up to a drip here very miserable. Trying to get her to feed but easier said than done

She's in the right spot at least cyning. No comfort I'm sure. Are there facilities so you can stay, or is it an armchair / go home?

pwurple wrote: »
    She's in the right spot at least cyning. No comfort I'm sure. Are there facilities so you can stay, or is it an armchair / go home?

Mattress on the floor with plenty of pillows and blankets :) so it's fine really. The lovely nurse even got it for me. Poor C is having a meltdown at home looking for mam and nade (she can't say Sinead). It's horrible feeling torn between them.

• Advertisement

Aw cyning I feel awful for you. Really hope ye are both ok. Poor wee thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

OMG cyning, I so hope she is getting better soon, that must be so scary, and here is me complaining about a bit of wind
    Sligo, hope you get better soon as well.

Got the slings yesterday from the sling library, oh the ring sling is brilliant. Kieran loves it. He can looking around and sleep in the same position. The scary bit is he can nearly hold his head up all on his own and he turns it now after thinks he wants to see. He is only 4 weeks old thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Puke and poo . Agh. Headed to town this morning and L started mooching a bit early for his bottle so headed home before i got everything i wanted done then he fell asleep. So got him up and fed him then started getting ready to head to MILs for lunch (her bday and i was supposed to meet OH there). The L had a poo. Then A had a poo. Then put L in car seat while i popped everything into the car. He puked everywhere. Had to bring A back in so could change L. She got cranky got her raggy and went to bed. So decided i may leave MILs untill later.
    Changed L . Popped him in pram to clean car seat he puked again. Changed him again and he pooed again. Then stupid canvasseres rang the door bell and woke A.
    Finally got them both clean and settled and had to stick on dinner and clean car seat. Just sat down and its now time to wake A.
    Its gona be a long day.

How's ur LO Cyning? I hope she's feeling a bit better.

She was worse today but is starting to improve a bit. She's having tests on her kidneys now too so hasn't been a good day. She went a purply/blue colour from not breathing properly earlier while I went for lunch with my toddler. She's ok though resilient :) worried sick though.

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    She was worse today but is starting to improve a bit. She's having tests on her kidneys now too so hasn't been a good day. She went a purply/blue colour from not breathing properly earlier while I went for lunch with my toddler. She's ok though resilient :) worried sick though.

:( O no, you must be worried sick. Don't know how you're coping... I'd be an awful mess. Please god tomorrow will be a better day for the little pet. Hope you're ok and hope you get a bit of sleep tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭moominn

Thats awful Cyning... hope the little one bounces back soon, they are hardy little things. Thinking of you

Oh cyning i cant even imagine what your going through. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Hoping things are improving cyning.

Looks like our girls have the same internal alarm pwurple!

Omg L is such a noiser sleeper. Woke me 4 times last night and he was asleep. Its driving me demented. My daughter was noisy but not this bad.

Suucee wrote: »
    Omg L is such a noiser sleeper. Woke me 4 times last night and he was asleep. Its driving me demented. My daughter was noisy but not this bad.

Maybe it's a boy thing? My fella was awful noisy!!! We had to move him to his own room at 3-4 months coz I wasn't getting any sleep and was literally going insane....

Suucee wrote: »

My first daughter was like this. We moved her to another room at 6 weeks, couldn't take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

my LO is the same but nowadays only in the mornings and during the day. but he makes so much noise during the feeding so OH is sleeping in the spare room during the week.
    I have to show off now :-) First LO slept the whole night in his basket yihhaa, got his feed at 12 pm next one at 3.30am and then at 5.30 and at 6 is cuddly time with OH before he gets up to work. So we are getting there :-) And I tried my old jeans this morning and it fits. Didnt try it before cause I thought wont fit anyway but yay it did.
    Only down point. Have to take it easy, was doing lots on the weekend and monday and yesterday and as my spd is still not 100% gone I was in bits last night, little one was really bad as well. Kind of colic but I guess was just too much for him as well. So couch day for us today.

Siipina glad your lo settling more.

Yea he is so noisy its not right. First time i checked him i blinded him with the light so only used ny phone to check him after that. He only woke at 11, 3 for feeds and then approx 6.30 . I told OH to get up feed him. He went got bottle but LO was asleep. He was that noisy i thought he waa awake. So other than the 3am feed i was awake 4 other times.

We moved our daughter to her room at about 2 maybe 3 months but dont think im going to last that long this time. My niece is due a baby in 6 weeks and ive told her she can have the moses basket. Thinking i might move him to his room then rather than moving the cot in. We always go in to his room to feed him as it has an arm chair . I have a camera monitor and movement monitor so he will be fine im sure.

My daughter is still taking ages to settle at night. Goes in to bed fine. But wont go asleep for over an hour. Even last night when she had been outside for hours and in a bouncy castle. She went to bed at 7.30 and was still awake at 8.45. So going to reduce day time nap and see. Im still not sure if its L or what the problem is.

• Advertisement

Cyning hoping your lil lady is doing better today.

So had Ls 2 week check. He is now 9 pounds. Everything grand with him. Doc was laughing how chilled he was smilling up at her and everything while she checked him.

She also checked my stitches again (or lack of) and was very happy. Healing well (albeit slower than if stitches had lasted) . She thinks it will be fine but will know more once it heals up fully and see how i am (if it hurts etc) .

Oh and my daughter settled within a half hour. So happy. Her daddy normally does a picture book with her before bed where he points to the pictures and tells her what they are and gets her to repeat (helps speech since she is a but delayed due to grommets) she gets very excited doing this so we cut it out tonight. (Going to do it in the morning instead) But i also reduced her daytime nap. So now dont know if it was the book or shorter nap. Will let her nap longer tomorro and might know then. (I love that nap time).

They had to put iv in her head so she looks so sick but she's ok. They've put her on oxygen so hoping that helps. She's ok though. She's had some of her lovely hair shaved off :(

I dread to think what Cs bedtime is going to be like between this week and S being born: I think my routine is fecked

Oh the poor little mite. It sounds like really rough going cyning. Hope you are holding up ok. You are recovering too.

I've put myself on a diet as I can't get out for my jogs with these two girls hanging off me. Weight loss got stuck for a week, have to make an effort now. So I'm a like a bear with sore head to be around.

Little one is starting to fight the naps. I put batteries in the vibrating bouncy chair today. First time i've ever used it outside, as it was a nice day. Turns out it attracts bees.

Oh cyning thats horrible. I cant even imagine what your going through. Fingers crossed she starts to improve very soon .

Teething has started here. First bottle teat with a hole chewed in it this morning...i can feel them under the gum, red cheeks and random wailing. Not quite as early as her sister, who had two teeth by now, but still frikken early. Bleurg. Thank feck I'm not bfeeding though.

Teething has started here. First bottle teat with a hole chewed in it this morning...i can feel them under the gum, red cheeks and random wailing. Not quite as early as her sister, who had two teeth by now, but still frikken early. Bleurg. Thank feck I'm not bfeeding though.

Omg. My daughter cut her first tooth at 12 weeks and i thought that was early.

I just got puked on. Right down my top. My bra saved it. Then daughter came in from outside and had a poo squashed into her had to change her trousers and all.

Changed all the bed sheets and had them on the line and not sure if it was LO or the dogs but they were destroyed in dirt (dogs have never touched them before so 2 guesses who it was).

Also have very itchy hive (hives normal for me) but just noticed i have a huge lump on my ankle where i thought it was a hive. Must have got bitten by something. Was about to get ready to walk to town and get something when it started to rain.

Ugh roll on bedtime. OHs turn for night feeds tonight then hes off work for 4 days.

We have decided to get L christened and have the christening in the house with As birthday party so OH will be spending the weekend getting the garden sorted . Fingers crossed for good weather.

Omg. My daughter cut her first tooth at 12 weeks and i thought that was early.

I just got puked on. Right down my top. My bra saved it. Then daughter came in from outside and had a poo squashed into her had to change her trousers and all.

Changed all the bed sheets and had them on the line and not sure if it was LO or the dogs but they were destroyed in dirt (dogs have never touched them before so 2 guesses who it was).

Also have very itchy hive (hives normal for me) but just noticed i have a huge lump on my ankle where i thought it was a hive. Must have got bitten by something. Was about to get ready to walk to town and get something when it started to rain.

Ugh roll on bedtime. OHs turn for night feeds tonight then hes off work for 4 days.

We have decided to get L christened and have the christening in the house with As birthday party so OH will be spending the weekend getting the garden sorted . Fingers crossed for good weather.

I think the biting insects are out alright. I've been eaten alive in the garden the last couple of days alright.

Cyning, how are things today?

Ok I'm thinking she lookd much better this evening: she came off the oxygen and drip for an hour this evening, but needs it for tonight. Chest X-ray in morning and if there's an improvement we might get to go home Sat. If not next week. She's feeding so well and the Zantac has made a massive difference to the reflux.

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Ok I'm thinking she lookd much better this evening: she came off the oxygen and drip for an hour this evening, but needs it for tonight. Chest X-ray in morning and if there's an improvement we might get to go home Sat. If not next week. She's feeding so well and the Zantac has made a massive difference to the reflux.

So glad to hear shes on the mend. Fingers crossed for saturday.

Yep have a lump the size of a golf ball on my ankle. My sister popped to a chemist and got me a cream for it so hoping it helps. Its driving me demented with itch .

Advertisement