Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2014 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Poor little pet. I can't believe she's teething already pwurple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Pwurple I had hyperemesis on my first pregnancy and had a little tear in my oesophagus so puked blood: there was no extra pain from it if that makes sense?

Between S with the reflux and colic, and C and her eye teeth I'm utterly wrecked. Although I bought the new Nuby bottle today it's silicon so you can squeeze it today fingers crossed it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

cyning wrote: »
    Pwurple I had hyperemesis on my first pregnancy and had a little tear in my oesophagus so puked blood: there was no extra pain from it if that makes sense?

Thanks cyning, maybe there are no nerves there. I hope so, that is reassuring!

The bottle sounds interesting, what does making it squeezy do? Looking for reflux remedies here too!

pwurple wrote: »
    Thanks cyning, maybe there are no nerves there. I hope so, that is reassuring!

The bottle sounds interesting, what does making it squeezy do? Looking for reflux remedies here too!

It means when they start getting sloppy with sucking you can give it a squeeze so that they get a blast of milk and go back sucking again! That way you minimise the amount of air they suck in through the side of their mouths well that's the theory anyway! It's ideal for me to try with bfeeding too because it will almost mimic a letdown too if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

L slept 7.30-12. OH actually woke him at 12 for the feed as he normally does that feed before he comes to bed. But with the noisr of OH he woke me too.
    Still cant get back asleep even though every 1 else is. OH snoring beside me and back killing me. Just had to hobble downstairs to get some solpadol. Hoping physio helps when i finally get my app.

Decided to start potty training 2yr old today (silly timing with my back so sore) but not going to stop as she was starting to get the gist this evening. Although all the picking her up to run to the toilet is not helping my back. I did end up putting the potty in the sitting room (something i swore i wouldnt do) to save us running out.
    L stretched to 4 hrs between feeds today too so hoping that continues. Taking to the soother a bit better so that could be why. Fingers crossed for a good day tomorrow.

Think i might kick OH out of bed when L wakes for night feed. After all i would still be asleep if he wasnt so noisy.

• Advertisement

I did potty in the living area as well suuccee. It's only for a few days, til they figure it out, then it can go. I was preg at the time, so couldn't be lifting her either.

This madam has decided 5am to 7:30 is playtime. Zzzzz.

Ugh im soooo tired. L is still waking at 3 and 5 every night. He will only drink approx. 2 oz at 3am then look for the rest at 5. or else vice versa. Drink decent bottle at 3am and look for a top up at 5. I should get the slumber bear today (in the post) and this is my last hope with trying to get him to sleep . We have tried not giving a bottle but we keep having to put the soother back in. The other night we resorted to bringing him in to our bed but I couldn't get back asleep.

Please please please let this bear arrive today and let it work.

I have no stamina. I gave up trying to potty train toddler. She was doing ok yesterday. But today was just so difficult. 3 accidents. L roaring, I nearly broke me neck when I slipped in wee. (oh and she nearly wee'd on L when he was on the mat on the floor) Why oh why did I start this . Kept having to put L down to tend to A and she was getting upset by it all as he was roaring. So after accident no 3 I brought her up, gave her quick shower and put nappy and clean clothes on her. She then went for a nap and when I came back down L had fallen asleep on the mat on the floor. I then had to go clean myself up and clean up the puddle.
    It was fairly silly to start now with L being so young.

I suppose my day cant get much worse. On a side note my back doesn't seem to be too bad today especially all the mayhem of the morning.

Bloody bear never arrived. I'm raging. Was hoping it would arrive and it would work. On my order confirmation says it would be delivered by today. Rang them to see and they said they would look into it (should be here and the order tracking is all over the place). Going on the rampage tomorrow to see if I can find one in town and will return the other one if and when I receive it.

So L was still as hungry as ever today going 2-3 hours between bottles. Ive been making it in the Dr Browne formula jug as I find it handiest so can keep getting bottles cleaned and sterilised but think I may need another jug with the amount this lad is having in 24hrs. Anything to make life just a little easier.

My mother called up for a while this afternoon and done nothing but complain about her knee and her head etc etc. I was complaining about L being so hungry and she started going on about how hard she had it. Then I was complaining about courier not coming after I sat in all day waiting and she started to complain about a letter she is waiting on from postman. God can I not just complain without it being a bloody competition.

Oh and then she tried to tell me what way to hold L when he was crying (eh I know, I have a perfectly fine 2 year old). Then told me not to feed him as he had only had a bottle 2 hrs earlier. I tried everything, soother, cuddles, lying down, music,. But he was hungry , I know when he is hungry. So I got a bottle ready while she said he cant be hungry. 4 oz later and she then said I should start him on a bit of baby rice as he is too hungry. OMG Baby rice. he's not even 6 weeks old.

Ugh im off to bed as no doubt this monkey will be up at least 3 or 4 times.

Suucee it's like our babies are twins. When to feck will they stretch out the feeds!

At least it's the weekend, time for daddy to take over a good bit.

Baby rice at 6 weeks is loopers alright.

I must look up slumber bear!

I was given a present of a swaddling blanket (it's very very light) and I can officially say it's saving my sanity in the evenings. I can put S in it and into bouncer and she sleeps (I don't need to tie her in once C is in bed and I have it reclined!) and into cot while I'm still awake so she's out of my arms. I know it's not reccomended but I do not care it's giving me a break while I'm watching her. She's not settling well in cot yet but I'm getting there.

Her christening tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

Oh and to top it off toddler was bit off this evening. Seemed like she had no energy and yawning alot and just wanted cuddles. Also wouldnt eat much dinner.

Heard her on the monitor moaning so checked on her and temp 38.2 . Hoping its just the teeth. Gave calpol anyway and OH will check her in a while.

We tried to swaddle L in the early days but he hated it. Didnt like the pram bassinet much or the moses basket and not a great fan of the bouncer. I think its because he loves being stretched out. A got a kiddies trampoline for her birthday and its still in the dining room as weather was too crap to let her outside with it. But i think it will be staying there. We put a blanket on it and put L on it and he loved it. Have some toys hanging from the bar and he goes ape kicking his legs.

My poor OH has been getting up most nights to try give me a bit of a break.

The thing with L is he is so quick to feed and goes back to sleep fine but i think half the time when he wakes he just wants a bottle. Nothing else will do. Once something disturbs him thats it. Im hoping with the slumber bear it will knock on while he is still pretty sleepy and lul him back to sleep until he is proper hungry. Music does make him relax and he loves the sound of the fisher price sea horse but by the time we hear him and go in to him he is proper crying and only wants a bottle. with the slumber bear it has a sensor that automatically knocks on when baby moves or makes noise. So he wont have to fully wake up and it will come on and hopefully settle him for a little longer.

PS best of luck with christening tomorrow.

Enjoy the christening cyning!

Who are ye inviting to christening btw? We were going with just immediate family and godparents, but I love parties with loads of people and we've only just moved into this house in the last few months, so I was tempted to ask the neighbours as well. And then there were a few close friends, maybe my godparents, the odd cousin. all of a sudden it's 100 people, my ham sandwiches and some buns don't stretch and it looks like a big showing off party! So wondering where people draw the line?

That bear sounds like the business. And the trampoline, mine loves the bouncy chair alright.

We have a really good stretch out of her last night, 1am until 5:30am. I tried bumping up the heating a smidge, it's now set to 21 instead of 19 degrees. Not sure if that made the difference. Downside was I couldn't sleep well in it though! Was roasted. But if it works for the baby, I could probably get used to it.

Got the bear in town. Fingers crossed. He slept from 7.30-12 then had a bottle the slept till 3. I turned of the sea horse and it quitened him. When it knocked off he started again so i turned it on again and he then slept till 5. So im thinking it should work as its clearly not hunger thats waking him.

For L christening i invited close family and friends and a few neighbours. There was about 50 including kids house was packed. I was gona do sandwiches but took the easy way and ordered some supermacs party buckets. Cocktail sausages , chips, chicken tenders and chicken nuggets. Laid them out in big tin foil trays and let people help themselves. Then let the kids have there party (was toddlers bday) then cut up the 2 cakes and passed them out for the adults. It was grand.

We did parents (obv!!) grandparents great grandparents my two brothers (he's an only child) and a few friends. 19 adults 4 kids. We would have loved more but there's no space in our house and if we got into our aunts and uncles it gets like a mini wedding!

I'm wrecked after it I'm literally praying they all sleep tonight I've hurt my stupid shoulder/back too!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

We had little mans christening yesterday ... I am sooooo tired ! He has slept great but was so unsettled after being passed around by his dad !!!!!

I am now having cake for breakfast while i open his presents ha ha

No joy with slumber bear. Had in on the in utero settinh. So maybe he is just too long out of the womb so to speak. Have it on the lullaby setging tonight. We were up at 12, 2,3,5,6,7 and then uo for the day at 8. He woke toddler twice. I duno what is wrong with him. He was never this bad for the first few weeks. Hes so much more sdttled during the day. We have cone to the conclusion it is either too quiet or he doesnt like the sheet thats on the cot. He sleeps fine in travel cot in sitting room which has a flanette sheet but the one on the cot was more a cotton type. So changed it today too.
    So between the bear now on lullabies and the softer sheet we are hoping for a miracle.

If not how do i send him back to get a refund.
    ;-)

Can someone please explain how the 8 week old is a better sleeper than the 22 month old? She even goes to sleep in the cot when she goes in awake. Although since I introduced the dody she's much happier!

Vaccinations tomorrow and I'm dreading them; have noone to mind the toddler and she is going to freak out at someone hurting her sister. And they'll probably wear gloves and she will be terrified of them too ;) really hope she's not cranky after them. She has a cold too but no temp so hope they can do it?

Oh no. My toddler would be the same cyning. Hope there not too bad.

Well either the sheet or the bear worked. I dont care which at this stage. Had a bottle at 11.30, 3.15 and just woke at 7. Im delighted

The vaccination only takes a second cyning, mine only cried for a few seconds and was ok again. Maybe if you give toddler a job, like holding babies hand?

F-ing teeth. There is a good reason babies don't need them young. Zero coordination! She won't take a dummy for me, keeps chewing her hands and biting herself, waking herself up. Then screaming.

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    The vaccination only takes a second cyning, mine only cried for a few seconds and was ok again. Maybe if you give toddler a job, like holding babies hand?

F-ing teeth. There is a good reason babies don't need them young. Zero coordination! She won't take a dummy for me, keeps chewing her hands and biting herself, waking herself up. Then screaming.

pwurple what age was she when she started. L was laughing this morning and i could of sworn i seen something in the gums. Maybe its why he has been so unsettled. Daughter cut first tooth early but dont think it was this early.

Could be why he has been so unsettled.

My MIL wants to mind the little man for a few hours BUT I am not comfortable with leaving him with anyone but my mam and OH .... How do I tell him this without upsetting him ?!

He has been very unsettled today and last night .. Wrecked.com !!!!

Teething !! Already ! You poor guys !!!

Well the toddler picked today to be a demon!

Pwurple does babas breathing ever get affected by the reflux? I said it to nurse
    and doc today they think it might be the reflux but it can get quite slow and then gets very fast I hate it :(

LH I don't know is there many ways of saying that without causing offence unless you have a reason he will agree with. Unless neither grannies mind him until your comfortable with mil minding him?

LH I was the same as you... When I had my fella I wouldn't let anyone mind him except my mum. I don't know what it is but maybe it's coz we know our mums all our lives but we don't know our OHs mum as long? Anyway... I said this to my OH at the time and funny enough he was fine about. He doesn't get offended easily. But I spose you know yourself how he will react? My oh said he wouldn't b comfortable with his mum/dad minding the babies so young anyway. Think it because MIL is quite a nervous/anxious person. So she never asked to mind the babies when they were little anyway (thank god... Coz I don't know what I would've said!).

Cyning... I hope all is ok and the vaccinations went ok. Reflux must be horrible to deal with. Babies can be so unsettled with it.

It's not easy! I'm exhausted from it and all the extra washing she makes awful choking sounds too with it: you can feel her little belly gurgling too :(

Sounds awful! So many babies seem to have it and a lot of boardie babies seem to have it. Should start a thread on tips for dealing with reflux!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I know I'm from the April thread but a reflux tread would be great..
    My little one stopped breathing at 5 days as the reflux blocked the airway she made no sound just started jumping in her basket I luckily was beside her. Then it came out her nose.. She was taken to hospital to be checked and said it was reflux. The washing is a nightmare and the weight going up and down

I know I'm from the April thread but a reflux tread would be great..
    My little one stopped breathing at 5 days as the reflux blocked the airway she made no sound just started jumping in her basket I luckily was beside her. Then it came out her nose.. She was taken to hospital to be checked and said it was reflux. The washing is a nightmare and the weight going up and down

O my gosh... That sounds awful. And very very frightening! Fortunately my babies haven't had reflux so I wouldn't be able to start the thread. But id say a lot of people would be grateful if one was started.

Jeez guys that does sound awful. Poor babas . And poor mamas id say thats terrifying. L is a divil for gulping his bottles then struggles to take a breath so i have to give him a litgle blow in the face and thats scary enough i cant even imagine what its like with the reflux.

I dont think im imagining the teething. He was attempting to chew or suck his hand earlier. The dribbling today has beem mad. And my sister could see the lil white tips in the gums too. The 2 of them teething at the same timr. Just great. Mind you toddler wasnt too bad today thankfully.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys !!! He was great about it thank god !!! Longest day .. Ever ! Little man would not sleep and was crying for most of day :( stoopid reflux ... Im destroyed in milk !!! He settled down when his dad got home .. Typical ;)

Put him to bed at 9 .. Trying to start a routine with him , so hard though !

Advertisement