Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I saw a hipster fishing today. His hair, beard and kiddie trousers were immaculate, and he'd his shirt off as well, just to tie in with the other thread.

When hipsters go native, then It is HOT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

It really wasn't that hot.

For Ireland, it was.

The summer of 1995, now that was hot. I remember the skin peeling off my back in chunks, couldn't sleep for a week.

The temps tooday were pretty much exactly on a par with 1995. We had 28-29 today in many spots. 30 was only reached once or twice in the summer of 1995, mid to high 20s like we had today was the usual. 30 is likely to be reached this week.

So, despite what you think, this warm period is on a par with 1995. ;)
    It must have got close to 30 degrees today, A few days in 05 and 06 were the same. 1995 is famous on these shores because of the prolonged run of hot weather.

Yep, 1995 was more about the longevity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I hate the heat, it's oppressive during the day and uncomfortable at night. My house is like a furnace and it's worse upstairs. My skin feels itchy and my hair looks awful from the humidity. It's all fun and games in the sun now folks but give it a couple of days of restless nights and people will be ripping shreds off each other out of sheer cranky exhaustion.

The population of Ireland will be all hot and bothered in a few days, but as the Irish saying goes, a chilled beer will sort that out. :D

Not a hope of 30 where I was today. A nice strong sea breeze kept everything in the low 20s in real feel terms.

Sucks to be you. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I saw a man decomposing and I dont think he was even dead

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

It's so hot outside I've wiped my ass 10 times today and I haven't even taken a **** yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm not a massive fan of heat, about 18 degrees is nice. But just remember back to about 2 or 3 years ago. One summer had rain for something like 56 days in a row in dublin. Fúck that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Twas hot alright. I literally fell into the lake when I got off work.
    I think you have to have a swim in the sea, lake or river on a day like this. Otherwise you just go a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Whys nobody mentioning all the ladies walking around with fcuk all clothing i love sunny days in dublin and how the girls get there kit off umumum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Jebus. People complaining about 18C at night?

Pussies. Utter, utter pussies. Do you all get your mammies to bathe your fevered brow? Fcuk sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I unbuttoned my top coat. Only half way mind, wouldn't want to catch a chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stillorganboy

There is usually a breeze from the sea around blackrock area ! Even today

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

cant believe people are moaning about this weather, the country is full of win when its like this.

depressing levels drop considerably when the sun is shining and for those who appreciate how beautiful this country it, its at its best when the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

seen an old man in Galway with a tweed suit on today. some people must be cold blooded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The summer of 1995, now that was hot.

UP THE BANNER!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

A lot of men in shorts showing off their hairy chicken drumstick legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

It's so hot outside I've wiped my ass 10 times today and I haven't even taken a **** yet!
    Ring sting weather

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I didn't feel like a pint of Harp so it couldn't have been that hot.

I don't think it gets that hot on the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I didn't really see it but I felt it today.

Ball-soup that is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I didn't feel like a pint of Harp so it couldn't have been that hot.

Yeah, and I'm Lawrence of Arabia :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

He was a bit of a ridey man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

He was a bit of a ridey man.
    not thanking you about the ridey man, but thanking you for Sally o Brien, hmmmmmm :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A boiled poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Pussies. Utter, utter pussies. Do you all get your mammies to bathe your fevered brow? Fcuk sake.
    No, I get yours.
    Anyway, please tell us more about your time living on the surface of the sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

At least i'm honest, yes i am an utter pussy when it comes to heat, just can't function in it. My nick-name is iceman because i can wear a tee-shirt in winter at -11 and still feel nice and warm, it's my goldilocks zone.

I have no mammy so i have to deal with it because i'm an utter pussy, ah well at least i can handle the extreme cold. I hope it snows :D

ive drank so much water today , bring back the cold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Here here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i love sunny days like this but i dislike laying in bed in such heat..gime sunny days and frosty nights and my life is complete :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 legrandemac

Dunno about anyone else but my favourite weather is when we get on rare occasions that lovely end of winter/start of spring sunshine, clear blue skies, fresh Arctic air flow, around 8-14 deg C. Just beautiful. It's possible to bike, run, train, walk, to hearts content, hardly breaking a sweat. The lungs feel really great after it. Granted this sort of weather is rare also, it could just as easily be dull and dreary at this time of year. But over the past 4 or 5 years we have a couple of these winter/spring sunshine sessions for about 3 or 4 weeks. It was great!

...this humidity is utter shiite in comparison. I still call bull on anyone who 'loves' it, nobody could love it!

:)

Advertisement