Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welsh Lions: Brian O'Driscoll dropped from the 23 for 3rd Test [MOD NOTE POST 1]

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

He actually admitted in the interview that it was more important for the team to win than personal feelings. Wow that is a big step for BOD, its a team sport, not a one man show. I might change my opinion of him slightly, after that admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

He actually admitted in the interview that it was more important for the team to win than personal feelings. Wow that is a big step for BOD, its a team sport, not a one man show. I might change my opinion of him slightly, after that admission.

Since when has BOD ever put himself before his team? Bizarre that you had that opinion the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I think you are confusing the personal feelings of fans with that of the player.

We probably all took it more personally because we know what a player and what a man the guy is. The quote from Jonathan Sexton summed it up perfectly in ways that expressed how we all felt, when he said:

"To be honest, when i heard the news, it felt like i was dropped myself. I was gutted for him"

BOD has never in his entire career been ego-centric or a "one man show".

I've actually never heard rubbish like this in my life about a player who put his body where it hurts for club, country and Lions for over a decade. His whole career has been defined by selflessness and humility, in sport and in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Sexton quoted that the irish team will ensure Driscoll end career on a high...

in other news Wales vow to win 6 nations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Wales certainly will beat Ireland if Sexton continues to "tackle" (if that's the right word) like a girl.

He was shocking for Aussie tries on day 1 and 3.
    Very little mention of this FACT!

Apologies to all girls of course

MOD NOTE: Banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Wales certainly will beat Ireland if Sexton continues to "tackle" (if that's the right word) like a girl.

Mistakes in defence =/= bad tackling. He actually is quite the decent tackler for a fairly slight fella.

Say what?
    Jesus that was bad from Sexton
    Shocker from Sexton!!!
    Benny Cake wrote: »
    Awfull attempt at a tackle from sexton there
    awec wrote: »
    How the hell did he get through?

Edit: ah ffs Jonny!
    Poor from Sexton there.
    Sexton owned there.

Game on
    Sexton at fault for the try there.
    JagerScout wrote: »
    poor from sexton especially considering how brillant he usually is

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Sexton is one of the best defensive 10s on the planet. I was shocked by those missed tackles.

Sure he'll have defensive genius Ronan O'Gara coaching him from next season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

He's a brilliant defender, he messed up on that one but he wasnt helped by the fact the great Mike Philips disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I'd say Gatty will get some reaction in the 6 nations from the Irish fans could be very interesting although I don't think Gatty will care much. Gatty seems like a person who is very strong willed and things like booing him won't bother him in theslightest.

I have to say myself when Gatty dropped BOD I was gutted but I have to say he got the game plan spot on so fair play to him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I also heard England, Italy, France and Scotland have announced that they are planning on bringing the six nations cup home next season

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I'd say Gatty will get some reaction in the 6 nations from the Irish fans could be very interesting although I don't think Gatty will care much. Gatty seems like a person who is very strong willed and things like booing him won't bother him in theslightest.

I have to say myself when Gatty dropped BOD I was gutted but I have to say he got the game plan spot on so fair play to him

I don't believe for one second he will be booed. Nor any of the other Welsh.

This isn't soccer and i strongly doubt we're going to go against decades of tradition as respectful , decent fans by booing a man for dropping a player.

Gatland went up a notch in my book. Not for dropping BOD or for having the balls to do it, but for the way he handled himself post-match. He showed a dignity and humility that left a lasting impression with me anyway. I think he deserves (and will get) the same respectful welcome any visiting coach will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Grimebox wrote: »
    I also heard England, Italy, France and Scotland have announced that they are planning on bringing the six nations cup home next season
    i made up the wales part. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

i made up the wales part. ...

Don't worry he made up the Italy and Scotland part

Don't feet the trolls people.

I don't believe for one second he will be booed. Nor any of the other Welsh.

This isn't soccer and i strongly doubt we're going to go against decades of tradition as respectful , decent fans by booing a man for dropping a player.

Gatland went up a notch in my book. Not for dropping BOD or for having the balls to do it, but for the way he handled himself post-match. He showed a dignity and humility that left a lasting impression with me anyway. I think he deserves (and will get) the same respectful welcome any visiting coach will get.

I was in the Woolshed for the game. Whenever Gatland's face was up on screen the entire pub boo'd. It was pantomime stuff, nothing in it, but that's the Irish for ya, we're a bit tongue in cheek when it comes to a slagging.

I'd be very surprised if his face wasn't put up on screen in LR at some point and the crowd didn't boo....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Buer

.ak wrote: »
    Don't feet the trolls people.

Is an old fashioned shoeing acceptable?

As long as they're offside!

Feed, ofcourse, I meant feed...

.ak wrote: »
    I was in the Woolshed for the game. Whenever Gatland's face was up on screen the entire pub boo'd. It was pantomime stuff, nothing in it, but that's the Irish for ya, we're a bit tongue in cheek when it comes to a slagging.

I'd be very surprised if his face wasn't put up on screen in LR at some point and the crowd didn't boo....

Ah yeah but the Woolshed lol i mean it's fair to say it was jammers and despite being 11am how many were sober by halftime :)

Ah yeah but the Woolshed lol i mean it's fair to say it was jammers and despite being 11am how many were sober by halftime :)

The same applies to LR, as Quinny will tell you, they're more interested in getting the pints in than the game! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement