Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Debs/Grad related

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Make sure you are prepared. Partying for 13 hours takes determination and steel.

One poor lad bust his lip open playing a football match on Saturday. 3 stitches. And over the course of the night he ended up in Beaumount twice to get it re stitched.
    Edit: Actually it was Tuesday. The day before the debs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Thats a pity :(

Well.. I will tell her that she needs to wear it anyway ;>>>>
    *sneaky sneaky*

I like your style :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Wait, the girls have to buy us lads a tie? That's the first I've heard of it...

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Wait, the girls have to buy us lads a tie? That's the first I've heard of it...

Now that one is an age old tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I've never heard of the tie thing either! My lad is wearing a skinny black tie which he definitely bought himself :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

One thing that is important is to not go completely overboard with the drink. Especially beforehand, if you're not allowed in because you're right state that's pretty embarrassing. Don't get drunk too quickly either when you get there - at least make it past dinner :pac:

But it's all great craic anyway, you'll be talking to tonnes of people as well as randomers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Id hate to miss out on turkey and ham!

One lad fell asleep after vomiting in the toilet before the starter.

He went on to shift some wan at the club

And vomited on the bus door on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

We haven't been told anything about what to get for the date. This is the first I've heard of chocolates and corsages.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

We haven't been told anything about what to get for the date. This is the first I've heard of chocolates and corsages.

What Chocolates? :eek:

• Advertisement

Chocolates for your dates mother

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

to be fair who you think will be telling you? phone call from the principle? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

to be fair who you think will be telling you? phone call from the principle? :P

Well generally information has to be communicated and doesn't just generate within people's minds when it needs to be utilised.

Well generally information has to be communicated and doesn't just generate within people's minds when it needs to be utilised.

Ask your mam then. Parents are well versed in local tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

no date. no dress. no shoes. nothing. yay

Mother is putting pressure on me to get sorted now :P

How much is a corsage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Heading to Dublin on Monday to get a suit. Anyone know of good offers/bargains? :D

Yea get one here for 199 with free tie and shirt. Shoes not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

I got my suit in Zara, they had good prices for nice suits there

Mother is putting pressure on me to get sorted now :P

How much is a corsage?

Around €15, you have to order it a few days in advance too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Would ye not just rent a suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

In incredibly dramatic circumstances, I no longer have a date and my debs is in a few weeks so that's fun. Yay for me. Everything else is sorted though so that's something I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

All I have is a dress. I've no date and I don't know anyone to ask. Yay me!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

How much does it cost actually to rent a suit? I have 2 grads to go to, so I'm just wondering if it would be cheaper to just buy a suit (as it could be used for both grads and for anything else that I'll need a suit for in the future) than renting 2 suits out.

ray2012 wrote: »
    How much does it cost actually to rent a suit? I have 2 grads to go to, so I'm just wondering if it would be cheaper to just buy a suit (as it could be used for both grads and for anything else that I'll need a suit for in the future) than renting 2 suits out.

I'd get a suit if I were you, you'll at least get five uses out of it over the next couple of years, and even at that it'll almost certainly last you a lot longer than that. Renting a suit costs you at the very least €60, from what I've seen and heard. Doing that twice will cost you, again, at least €60 so that's €120 in total - that's enough to get you a decent suit, another €50-€100 could get you a very good suit. None of those prices include shoes!

So yeah, get yourself a suit in my opinion! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

kingcobra wrote: »
    I'd get a suit if I were you, you'll at least get five uses out of it over the next couple of years, and even at that it'll almost certainly last you a lot longer than that. Renting a suit costs you at the very least €60, from what I've seen and heard. Doing that twice will cost you, again, at least €60 so that's €120 in total - that's enough to get you a decent suit, another €50-€100 could get you a very good suit. None of those prices include shoes!

So yeah, get yourself a suit in my opinion! :p

I was thinking the same, sound! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

ray2012 wrote: »

Think mine rented is 75 + 25 deposit, you'd probably buy a pretty decent suit for the same money as renting one for 2 nights

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Slow Show wrote: »
    In incredibly dramatic circumstances, I no longer have a date and my debs is in a few weeks so that's fun. Yay for me. Everything else is sorted though so that's something I suppose...
    All I have is a dress. I've no date and I don't know anyone to ask. Yay me!

I only asked my date about 1-2 weeks before , don't worry there will be someone you can ask , just be brave and ask anyone!You will spend lots of time with your friends as a group anyone , their dates can chill with your date so don't worry too much about who you bring.

I didnt ask anyone and when I was in the place a girl told me she would of went with me if I just asked. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I didnt ask anyone and when I was in the place a girl told me she would of went with me if I just asked. Ah well.

there ya go.. it doesn't hurt to ask ;)

Advertisement