Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Debs/Grad related

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Grey suits are the bomb
    The joke was that I'm a girl :D

:pac: I got it!

They are tbh, you're one of the few that agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Jade. wrote: »
    Ours is that price and it just includes the 3 course meal, the band, then the DJ and a bar extension.

Hmmmmm, I guess my debs will consist of a kebab, fruit salad and a CD player :p
    :pac: I got it!

They are tbh, you're one of the few that agree!

I keep getting ads at the bottom of my screen for suits :p:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hmmmmm, I guess my debs will consist of a kebab, fruit salad and a CD player :p
    Sure you might be as well off, could be more fun ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

These tickets sound sooooo expensive lots of people saying their tickets were 70 euro alone without their dates tickets :eek: do you all get really fancy dinners or something?

The tickets includes a photographer at the hotel, three course meal, candy cart, band, bus transfers, a ticket into the Forum nightclub and a breakfast buffet afterwards. Tbf I think it's a good deal especially when you have the whole lot covered and all you need is a suit/dress, a date if you're taking one and gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Ours is probably the most expensive. Our photographer is charging €65 for the pictures :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Our hotel is 45 each including breakfast, dinner, photographer, red carpet champagne arrival, band, DJ, nightclub, and balloons and all that stuff nobody wants. I guess we got a good deal compared to the rest of you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

peekachoo wrote: »
    Our hotel is 45 each including breakfast, dinner, photographer, red carpet champagne arrival, band, DJ, nightclub, and balloons and all that stuff nobody wants. I guess we got a good deal compared to the rest of you? :D

Mine is a tenner cheaper :P
    That being said I have no idea what my debs is going to consist of :o

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Why is everyone having breakfast?! :pac:

Jade. wrote: »
    Why is everyone having breakfast?! :pac:

because it's mandatory that after a night on the tiles, one must enjoy a big diiiiirrrtttyyy greasy breakfast :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

peekachoo wrote: »

Tipperary though...

• Advertisement

Prodigious wrote: »
    Tipperary though...

it's in kilkenny. <.<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Are you from Cahir and are ye having your debs in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel? That will be shocking.

Are you from Cahir and are ye having your debs in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel? That will be shocking.

are cahir having theirs there too? :eek: I live near cahir but we're going there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Lucky how yee all have bar extensions or nightclubs etc to go too.. I dunno what happens to us after 2 when we're kicked out of the hotel. Possibly roaming the streets for 5 hours waiting for the nearest shop to less breakfast rolls, how fun >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I paid 87 for 2 tickets and thats just dinner. nothing else :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 df123

I realise that this may be a stupid question but ye know the way the lads bring their dates mother flowers or chocolates or whatever? Do girls who are asked to a lads debs just bring themselves or what like? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

df123 wrote: »
    I realise that this may be a stupid question but ye know the way the lads bring their dates mother flowers or chocolates or whatever? Do girls who are asked to a lads debs just bring themselves or what like? :P

... I completely forgot about bringing the chocolates to the parents.. :o Lads only bring chocolates to the parents when going to the girls' grad, right? Like, when going to the lads house, doesn't the lad and the girl return to the lads house before the grad? Don't know if that makes any sense or not.

df123 wrote: »

Regardless of who's debs/grad night it is, the lad will always pick the girl at her house and then meet everyone at the hotel or wherever the event is held. The lad will buy chocolates for the mother and a corsage for the girl. Girls who asked someone to their debs/grad night, you do not need to buy him anything. You could get him a pint or a shot at the bar but nothing formal with parents and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is €70 a decent budget for renting a suit?

Is €70 a decent budget for renting a suit?

What does it include? If shoes are included along with shirt, tie, trousers and a jacket then it's a pretty damn good bargain. If shoes aren't included, it's still a good price.

• Advertisement

Was on to a local shop on Facebook there and I was told 55 euro for Trousers, Jacket, shirt and Tie with a 20 euro deposit. Not too bad

Was on to a local shop on Facebook there and I was told 55 euro for Trousers, Jacket, shirt and Tie with a 20 euro deposit. Not too bad

Oh that's a really good deal! I'm looking at mine in M&S and its €90 for the whole lot, including shoes. Not entirely sure on whether if I will buy it or not. Have to wait till my date comes back home from Turkey to see what she says.

Ya M&S have a good selection alright, I'll probably go ahead with the 55. I could go in an have a look and pay a deposit tomorrow like. #KeepMoneyLocal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Awh sh¡te i forgot bout the suit part !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

any lad that can pull of a grey suit PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Regardless of who's debs/grad night it is, the lad will always pick the girl at her house and then meet everyone at the hotel or wherever the event is held. The lad will buy chocolates for the mother and a corsage for the girl. Girls who asked someone to their debs/grad night, you do not need to buy him anything. You could get him a pint or a shot at the bar but nothing formal with parents and family.

where would u get them corsage yokes??

local flower shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

local flower shop?

why didnt i think of that :L how long do they last before they die? like can you buy it a few days before it or what?

Ask your florist, they'll make it for you. You should have a local one nearby or in town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭Daniel7740

Father wasn't too impressed to hear I was goin on my own haha

Advertisement