Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know its a cliche but I need to bulk up quick

Options
  • 25-06-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have recently returned from Australia when i left i was a 108 kg prop not just all belly but had some decent bulk.

I've arrived home and only way 96kg:(, Im just after receiving an offer to go play in England and need to put on some decent size in the next 3/4 weeks say at least 6 kilos.

I know that there is no short cut to my goals but I was on dark matter post work out before and found it worked very well to put on size, I was just looking for advice of people who have possibly been in my position, needed to bulk up quick.

There have been a few of my friends who have taken HGH and I was just wondering has anyone used these pep-tides before do they work or are they on the banned substance list?

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There have been a few of my friends who have taken HGH and I was just wondering has anyone used these pep-tides before do they work or are they on the banned substance list?.

What exactly is being offered in England?
    If its any way high level would then I would have thought there's drug testing involved, or at least the potential of testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 slimjimabs1887

Mellor wrote: »
    What exactly is being offered in England?
    If its any way high level would then I would have thought there's drug testing involved, or at least the potential of testing.

Just a job, accommodation , free gym/physio and match fees, don't think there is drug testing, I'm not really looking into the legality of drug testing in the league, I'm just looking for advice on bulking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Eat like ****, train like ****, repeat!!

aaakev wrote: »
    Eat like ****, train like ****, repeat!!

Is this the best way to put on bulk in such a short period of time, am i better off avoiding supplements?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Is this the best way to put on bulk in such a short period of time, am i better off avoiding supplements?

supplements are there to supplement a diet. Eat like a horse and you wont need to supplement your diet.

supplements are there to supplement a diet. Eat like a horse and you wont need to supplement your diet.

Would getting protein or possibly a post trainer help my progress, because I do need to put on some kg's quick

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

What was the space of time that you lost the weight? Seems like a lot to be losing in a short space of time. Best way to put weight on in short time is probably some heavy lifting with LOTS OF EATING. There are no shortcuts unfortunately.

I lost abou 4kilos in the post season but that was just to trim down, but i moved to melbourne wasnt working out and lost about 6 kilos in 6 weeks. Just with the GVT training its been a while since ive been in the gym so i know its going to take me sometime to build back up so endurance.

I know muscle has memory so hopefully it wont take me that long to bulk back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Id get protien alright and eat like a horse, steak, chicken, fish with every meal, nuts/peanut butter inbetween, loads of pasta/rice/potatoes and get the veg in too. Train hard and lift as heavy as you can. I dont think 6 kg of solid mass is achievable in 6 weeks but ya wouldnt be far off i reckon!

• Advertisement

Would getting protein or possibly a post trainer help my progress, because I do need to put on some kg's quick

there are 30(ish) grams of protein in a scoop of protein powder

There are 30 (ish) grams of protein in a chicken breast.

chicken breast also contains fat, iron, calcium etc.

which do you think will be better to help you bulk up? food, or a supplement to food?

If you cannot eat 150g of protein a day from food then look into supplementing that's what its for.

If i needed to put on weight quick I wouldn't be worrying about my supplement choices,

I would be in KFC double fisting family buckets.

Eat, eat and eat some more.
    start each day with a pint of milk and 6 eggs,

eat a large portion of meat (300g of chicken will do it). at each meal and plenty of veg. aim for a calorie surplus of 500, (or more if you think you can).

If you are still struggling to get protein after that then sure, get some more protein via a shake.

Haha Cheers for the advice mate, especially about the KFC buckets, I do want to bulk up quick, but really do not want to put on a gut, if you know what I am saying, I'm a bit worried about that tbh with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Sounds illegal

just repeating my favorite part of the advice i got haha

Haha Cheers for the advice mate, especially about the KFC buckets, I do want to bulk up quick, but really do not want to put on a gut, if you know what I am saying, I'm a bit worried about that tbh with you.

You're simply going to have to accept that there will be some gut.
    Your body can only make so much muscle in a short period. If you workout hard and eat enough protein rich food then you will put on a minimum of gut.
    Im not recommending eating KFC, Im recommending eating eggs, chicken and veg. (turkey an beef also, milk too)

In fact someone joked about the whole chicken a day diet on another thread, but that would be a good way to go, eat a whole chicken or 2 a day (take the skin off at least one of them) and you would get a fair wack of protein and fat and minimal carbs, load each meal with veg and youre good to go. That will add up to around 3000+ calories and loads of protein

Sounds illegal

only if you get caught

Yeah I know its catch 22, I do want and need to bulk up but I really dont want to put on a gut,

well unless you have weeks an weeks to carefully and precisely adjust your diet and training regimen then you have to do it the fast hard way, eat loads, make sure its lots of protein and lift lots of big weights, luckily you ill have a few weeks after to lose that bit of a gut you grow.

leangains.com will have some more tips and research carb cycling and carb backloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

In fact someone joked about the whole chicken a day diet on another thread, but that would be a good way to go, eat a whole chicken or 2 a day (take the skin off at least one of them) and you would get a fair wack of protein and fat and minimal carbs, load each meal with veg and youre good to go. That will add up to around 3000+ calories and loads of protein

At 96kg 3000cals is practically weight loss territory if not maintenance, gonna need a bit more than that.
    Yeah I know its catch 22, I do want and need to bulk up but I really dont want to put on a gut,

What height are you...are you a lean enough 96kg?

I'm 6ft 1 and to be honest im not a very lean 96 kg, not over weight but i am carrying a small bit of timber round my mid rift

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

You want to do it fast here's the advice you need. If you can't follow this then you don't really want it. Its never going to be pretty doing it fast but any fat gained will drop off during training. I've underlined the relevant bit for you.
    Dave Tate wrote:
    "For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that **** down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bull****. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that ****er up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that **** over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the **** out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that ****er. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that ****. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You ****ing can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a **** about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn't get much fatter. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

FYP

:P

You want to do it fast here's the advice you need. If you can't follow this then you don't really want it. Its never going to be pretty doing it fast but any fat gained will drop off during training. I've underlined the relevant bit for you.

That seems extremely extreme tbh with you, I genuinely dont want to be eating mc donalds, Chinese and pizza. I dont agree with you there mate dont think that's the way il be going about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

I'm 6ft 1 and to be honest im not a very lean 96 kg, not over weight but i am carrying a small bit of timber round my mid rift

Ok a few more questions.

You'll be playing at a decent level so what's your training going to look like for the next 6 weeks (roughly)?

What's your current daily diet look like and what has it done to your weight? What I mean is were you actively dieting from 108>96 or was that a consequence of not playing/training and/or not eating as much? or have you been 96 for a while (eating at maintenance).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Look at it this way, you're basically looking to gain 10-12kg in 4 weeks. You need to eat the most calorifically dense food going and you need to eat loads of it, junk food is the way to achieve this. Its not pretty and not a long term thing but it works. If you want to take the slow road of 4000 cals a day of relatively clean food that's cool but don't expect more then a 2 kg increase.

Here's an article for you to read:

NSFW

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.ie/2011/08/cant-gain-weight-guess-what-youre-doing.html?zx=23d14e709d692ecf

That seems extremely extreme tbh with you, I genuinely dont want to be eating mc donalds, Chinese and pizza. I dont agree with you there mate dont think that's the way il be going about it.

its the quantities that he is referring to. You need to eat **** loads.

another way of putting it would be eat your usual amount then drink a gallon of milk.

in case you didn't realise its all down to the amount you eat.

Are you eating right now?
    what have you eaten since the thread started?

If youre not lifting then you should be eating and what youre eating should be heavy and filled with protein.

cmyk wrote: »
    Ok a few more questions.

You'll be playing at a decent level so what's your training going to look like for the next 6 weeks (roughly)?

What's your current daily diet look like and what has it done to your weight? What I mean is were you actively dieting from 108>96 or was that a consequence of not playing/training and/or not eating as much? or have you been 96 for a while (eating at maintenance).

I planned on just doing a programme I was on before but taking the supplement known as dark matter because I was on that before and it seemed to work, but someone recommended a gvt training programme today so I started to look into that.

I did eat less and was 96 from not training or eating properly, but now I have proper food and a gym at my disposal, I have been 96 for bout the last 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Remember that guy who blended whole chickens and drank all his meals? wonder what happened him.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Remember that guy who blended whole chickens and drank all his meals? wonder what happened him.

he got a dog
    http://www.hatpit.com/?attachment_id=407

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Sounds illegal

Oh it's wrong. But it's so very right.

• Advertisement

Look at it this way, you're basically looking to gain 10-12kg in 4 weeks. You need to eat the most calorifically dense food going and you need to eat loads of it, junk food is the way to achieve this. Its not pretty and not a long term thing but it works. If you want to take the slow road of 4000 cals a day of relatively clean food that's cool but don't expect more then a 2 kg increase.

Here's an article for you to read:

NSFW

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.ie/2011/08/cant-gain-weight-guess-what-youre-doing.html?zx=23d14e709d692ecf

It just seems like you would put on alot of unwanted fat that way because that food is so high in fat and thats not what i want

Advertisement