Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did some detailing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

Where can I get the spray for my wheels which makes them 'bleed'?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

nc6000 wrote: »
    Where can I get the spray for my wheels which makes them 'bleed'?

Right here > http://www.detailingshed.com/wheels-tyres/11-iron-cleanse-detailing-deironiser-fallout-remover-car-wash-care-auto.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I need to buy a pressure washer. Snow foam looks like it would make washing cars a lot more fun and maybe motivate me to do it more..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ya, you won't know yourself if you get one. I dread the thought of having to wash the car without mine!

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It must have taken you a while to edit that! No sign of the Interlagos alloys :pac:

Nice work though, both detailing wise and video wise! :)

Yeah. Twas about 6 weeks ago I did that wash. Only have the interlagos about 2 weeks now. Needs a wash soon enough, but ill have to head to Elite since I wont be home to wash it there (wedding coming up, have to keep it looking sharp).

• Advertisement

Got this stuff in Aldi the last time it was in, only got one at the time. It's used after the car has dried and the water marks are left. I use a mitt and spray this and it gets rid of the water marks and makes it all shiny. Anyway, it's almost gone, so what would ye suggest as a replacement. Aldi are very unpredictable with when they bring these things out again, so obviously I'll have to get something made by some other manufacturer.

2u4ubsn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just use some demon shine. It works quite well for a QD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Got this stuff in Aldi the last time it was in, only got one at the time. It's used after the car has dried and the water marks are left. I use a mitt and spray this and it gets rid of the water marks and makes it all shiny. Anyway, it's almost gone, so what would ye suggest as a replacement. Aldi are very unpredictable with when they bring these things out again, so obviously I'll have to get something made by some other manufacturer.

You can get that in most eurogiant/discount shops and home store and more if they are near you.

If you want to try something new I used Autoglym Aqua Wax for the first time recently. You wax the car when it's wet. I was pleased with the results.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

OAC Perfection is by far the best QD I have used. Shines really well and actually adds proper protection :) I can't see myself ever using a different one. Very little of it goes a long way and it smells lovely :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I detail, I goPro, I technology. All that together equals a bit of fun video editing.

Vimeo link, for when youtube kicks because of the song:
    https://vimeo.com/95655045

In case anyone is wondering, I didn't powerwash the car because I blew a fuse in the powerwasher right after I snowed it. Couldnt find a replacement fuse. That sucked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Noccy - don't waste your time with anything else and just get a bottle of OAC Perfection from Detailing Shed. It's exactly what everyone needs in a quick detailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

better than AG QD? i found that to give a good level of protection and is quite good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Noccy - don't waste your time with anything else and just get a bottle of OAC Perfection from Detailing Shed. It's exactly what everyone needs in a quick detailer.

newbie question, if this helps with the water marks, is the expectation that you put a coat of wax or some other sealent on after it? or is it a protective coat itself?

Mc Love wrote: »
    better than AG QD? i found that to give a good level of protection and is quite good.

OAC Perfection was sepcifically made to enhance gloss and give better protection than any other QD on the market.
    mossym wrote: »
    newbie question, if this helps with the water marks, is the expectation that you put a coat of wax or some other sealent on after it? or is it a protective coat itself?

It's a protective coat in itself but you're still better off to apply it to a car that already has a layer of wax on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Perfection adds depth and gloss to paintwork, while also adding protection. It can be used on plastics and trim to deepen the colour and add protection. And also on glass, water will bead off the glass, and unlike the majority of products is OK to use on the windscreen.

A lot of QD's will work with products from the same manufacturer, but Perfection is guaranteed to work with any other type of product that is already on the car.

Here are a few pictures I took last week - car has absolutely no protection on it!

Perfection on the left....

20140507_151129_zps6qvj2bux.jpg

20140507_151153_zpseavwzrjg.jpg

20140507_151205_zps1iasetlm.jpg

On this panel Perfection is on the right - definitely deeper, glossier, and hiding some defects!!

20140507_151438_zps8ddczvva.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

My car has just had a respray on one side to the doors, panels and mouldings thanks to a tourist in a rental.

This was done late last week. Is there any reason not to wash and polish the car this week? i.e. does the paint need time to mature or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

It needs time to cure...surprised the painter didnt sat anythung to you. Ring and ask him how long it should be left for before anything can be applied. 30 days is park figure but depends on a few factors.

Washing shouldn't be a problem now, once the shampoo isnt a wash and wax type product.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Curran wrote: »
    It needs time to cure...surprised the painter didnt sat anythung to you. Ring and ask him how long it should be left for before anything can be applied. 30 days is park figure but depends on a few factors.

Washing shouldn't be a problem now, once the shampoo isnt a wash and wax type product.

Thanks Curran. To be fair, i never met the painter. The car was collected and returned by the other parties insurance. It looks better than it did before the tip so Im happy out. I'll leave it to just washing in the short term so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

My car is on axle stands, is bumperless, has no brakes, hubs or driveshaft bearing on it...but seeing as how im waiting for parts I said I might as well clean it.
    Stripped previous wax and sealant.
    clay.
    2BM.
    tar cleanse.
    2BM.
    DA'd with Menzerna FG400 and Yellow Pad first, Orange Pad second.
    2BM with a strong-ish mix.
    2 coats of Jetseal.
    2 coats of Collinite 476S.
    Done.

Picture was taken on a camera phone, I left myself down at the last hurdle :pac:

DSC_0442_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

^Where's the car Ardennes?

• Advertisement

Where is it? Cork.
    Can anyone guess what colour it is or what car it is besides those who know already

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Where is it? Cork.
    Can anyone guess what colour it is or what car it is besides those who know already

Blue
    Mazda 3
    :P

Blue.
    Mazda 6.
    Close :P

Where is it? Cork.

Pink Ford Ka?

Where is it? Cork.

No - I meant the reflections were so good I couldn't make out the car!!

No - I meant the reflections were so good I couldn't make out the car!!

Your sarcasm is too advanced randy :pac:

No sarcasm - just a genuine tip of the hat to a rather excellent reflection shot.

No sarcasm - just a genuine tip of the hat to a rather excellent reflection shot.

Haha thank you Sir :)

Mazda6's do have great reflection when corrected but the MPS is just that little bit better :P

1002705_557417394299924_718732551_n.jpg?oh=eda1b25e4dc2c9447dc03a4601cdc082&oe=540A391A&__gda__=1408533437_59d80c77339d01ad9cff82f823f89cf3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Great job done there.

Everytime I get a bit of time to do the car it rains so can only wash at the moment then of course rains the next day.

Advertisement