Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTUMN WEATHER 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Kenring wrote: »
    Yes, September is indeed seeing the last of the warmth, and it is only one or two on this board who seem to be saying the reverse of what most of Ireland are reporting. People now are wearing jackets at night and since the 11th have been saying it has definitely switched to autumn. Farmers, radio hosts, private emailers and journos are all telling me the same story. So who to believe?

Stop making a fool out of yourself. Its just after 9 am and I had to open the windows it's so warm.

Your "system" is a pile of sh1t.

It does not work for Ireland, that's blindingly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Keep an eye on this webcam as they will probably be going around topless later on just to prove how good the weather and the beer is :)

Webcam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yes, September is indeed seeing the last of the warmth, and it is only one or two on this board who seem to be saying the reverse of what most of Ireland are reporting. People now are wearing jackets at night and since the 11th have been saying it has definitely switched to autumn. Farmers, radio hosts, private emailers and journos are all telling me the same story. So who to believe?
    It had Ken until yesterday when a wave of heat moved across the country, look at the official ME stats for yesterday thats all you need.

As usual you can't accept that you got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I been working all day, weather been top topic with the customers today,

One of the customs said told me in could be snowing in few weeks time, I told her that can not be true but I did say about 8 to 10 weeks time maybe

Today is the first Day of Autumn :)

This time last year, it was wash out with amber alert for heavy rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Yes the first day of autumn, we are now beyond the equinox which was at 2144 yesterday, Valentia at 0100 is 18c which would be remarkable even in July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its horridly muggy and dull down here, is anyone else seeing the sun? This heat is all very good but it feels wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Any sort of heat which results in me not burning kerosene (ie: MONEY) for heat is always welcome. Don't mind mike65, this warmth is far from being wasted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Hazy Sunshine here in Bray. Current temp is 17ºc. Wicklow mountains doin' their job well as usual creating our little micro-climate here in Bray with a little fohn effect added to spice it up no doubt too.

9913443906_ba85b1075a_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

Yesterday' Max Temps:
    15.8 Sherkin Island
    23.0 Valentia

And there is 80Km between them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Facts are always a good place to start.

• Advertisement

Tae laidir wrote: »
    Yesterday' Max Temps:
    15.8 Sherkin Island
    23.0 Valentia

And there is 80Km between them!
    I noticed on Monday afternoon it was 19c at Dublin A and 23c at Casement, the wind was southeasterly, the wind was blowing off the sea at Dublin A and Sherkin , Valentia and Casement were under the influence of a fohn wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Well since moving to Southern Poland, in the mountain region near to Zakopane ive had a culture shock the last few days, winter has come early. We are having night time frosts, last night down to -4c, warm sunny days though. We even had snow last week above 1500 meters. So there was quite a covering in the Tatras. Our house is about 700m asl.

273914.jpg

273915.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

snaps wrote: »
    Well since moving to Southern Poland, in the mountain region near to Zakopane ive had a culture shock the last few days, winter has come early. We are having night time frosts, last night down to -4c, warm sunny days though. We even had snow last week above 1500 meters. So there was quite a covering in the Tatras. Our house is about 700m asl.
    Snaps i get the feeling we are going to be very jealous this winter with the snowy pictures im sure you'l be posting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Was just thinking the EXACT same thing!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Dry everywhere; warm and dull in most places.
    Rainfall was below average everywhere...
    All mean temperatures were nearly on or above their LTAs with differences from average largest at Claremorris, with a mean temperature of 13.7°C, 1.0°C above average and its warmest September since 2006 (7 years).... The month’s highest maximum temperature was at Carlow (Oak Park) on the 21st with 23.9 °C, its highest since the automatic station opened in 2007 (6 years), with a number of other stations in the Midlands and western half of the country measuring their highest maxima in five to nine years.
    Full report here

absolutely stunning Indian summer charts going unnoticed with the winter thread in full throttle, how odd? As usual the best of the weather in eastern areas (though I'm aware yesterday saw 20c in the west when it was dark here all day!)
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Oct records broken in places, 25.2c in 1908 is the all time high.
    http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax120s.gif?01-12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

absolutely stunning Indian summer charts going unnoticed with the winter thread in full throttle, how odd? As usual the best of the weather in eastern areas (though I'm aware yesterday saw 20c in the west when it was dark here all day!)
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Oct records broken in places, 25.2c in 1908 is the all time high.
    http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax120s.gif?01-12

Is that chart for this sunday?

Yeah, Sunday and it gets even better!
    Low 20s in the west next week??
    ECM1-192.GIF?02-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What the weather takes away it gives back - freezing Spring/mild Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

275051.png

Snow for the Scottish Highlands tomorrow ....

275052.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

SNOW BUNNIES IMBOUND

bunnies-coelho-gif-Favim.com-238746.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Iancar29 wrote: »

275052.jpg

There was snow in September in the Scottish Highlands (as witnessed on webcams...and reported here somewhere back)...so that ship has already sailed my friend! ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

275052.jpg
    DOCARCH wrote: »
    There was snow in September in the Scottish Highlands (as witnessed on webcams...and reported here somewhere back)...so that ship has already sailed my friend! ;):)

Yep! It began back on September 15th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

No sorry , but that was the peaks ACTUALLY :P

This is relatively more lower down than just the peaks.

:P :P :P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

No sorry , but that was the peaks ACTUALLY :P

This is relatively more lower down than just the peaks.

:P :P :P

Ahhh...I see, the lowerlands of the highlands. :confused: That makes sense. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Ahhh...I see, the lowerlands of the highlands. :confused: That makes sense. :p

So halfway up ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

So halfway up ? :confused:

Above 400 metres according to the BBC news 24 forecast's.That's probably lower down than previously alright,low enough to affect some sparsely populated areas I'd imagine as opposed to just the ski centres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

2010 October was mild, remember it from the marathon trianing
    Indeed and marathon day itself was perfect. Frosty start but clear blue skies and zero wind. Fantastic day.

Snow starting to fall to the higher/highest mountain tops in Scotland.

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/nevisrange/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Bit of a drop in temperatures today. Was nice and mild yesterday and today I could feel icy breezes hitting my face outside.

Advertisement