Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Just found out that 50 from TY are going from my school tomorrow, the things you miss out on when you are sick. I checked online to see if any exhibits interested me and thankfully none that I read about did interest me :P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Today was crazy! So many people and such great exhibits!! There was a dancing robot called Titan that spitted water... Amazing. Also got 4 people on my 3DS which is always good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Just found out I've been accepted into the Trinity TY Zoology programme which is the same dates as the Trinity Biochemistry and Immunology programme(I also have a place in this)! I would love to do both :( which should I choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

sotisme wrote: »
    Just found out I've been accepted into the Trinity TY Zoology programme which is the same dates as the Trinity Biochemistry and Immunology programme(I also have a place in this)! I would love to do both :( which should I choose?

Well, I didn't do the zoology one but I did biochemistry and immunology. In my opinion, that mere week was the highlight in my TY experience so far... Very good and you meet awesome people like yourself. The experience helped me to narrow down my interests and gives you first hand experience working in a research lab, very cool! If get up to lab A on level 3, you'll Meet awesome people! Mustafa never fails to amuse me... =p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Oh my god! I had a project in the BT Young Scietest too! :O I didn't check here before-hand to see if anyone else was going! :D

How did you get on? :)

• Advertisement

It was fun! Didn't see too many of the exhibits though. Saw people going around with little trees and for the life of me I couldn't find where to get some so didn't get any freebies!! :(
    Still good day though!

Slightly unrelated but my second lot of work experience starts Monday and I haven't found anywhere yet because the place I had closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I seen everyone with the mini trees too and had no clue where to buy them! I loved it though! I've made so many friends and they're honestly so great! The guy who won overall, Paul Clarke, he was right across from my stand so I personally was one of the first people to be totally confused by his amazing maths and science skills :D

My work experience starts Monday week (the 20th) actually :o I'm excited for it :)

Anyone else doing Shave or Die this year? My school always does it. Basically if you don't know what it is, you get your hair dyed normally a bright colour (Pink, blue etc) or you get it all shaved (normally not allowed in schools) it's great craic and it's all for Charity :)
    The thought of having pink hair... haha

Anyone else doing Shave or Die this year? My school always does it. Basically if you don't know what it is, you get your hair dyed normally a bright colour (Pink, blue etc) or you get it all shaved (normally not allowed in schools) it's great craic and it's all for Charity :)
    The thought of having pink hair... haha
    My school did it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

No thread is complete without a crazy irish person like you!

Alan, is it in Dublin? :o I have a wee mate who is going so just wondering...

Ah well thank you ;) Generally I embrace my inner Plath and bring the mood of everything down. I love reading the JC thread, all the young ones worried about the exam just like we were and then the exam turns out to be a load of b*llocks

"You'll get an A in CSPE", they said. "Sure it's a doss" they said

• Advertisement

Haha this day last year my day was spent with my Mam screaming down my ear: YOUR MOCKS!! YOUR MOCKS!! Heh

*randomly whistles*

*randomly whistles*
    *Smacks Arnie on the side of his head for ruining the peaceful silence.*

:pac:

*Smacks Arnie on the side of his head for ruining the peaceful silence.*

:pac:

It was getting quiet here... Too quiet ;). Do any of you gals or lads have any beauty tips on how to get rid of a wee pimple? >.> really bugging me!

^^^ Set it on fire?

Jijsaw wrote: »
    ^^^ Set it on fire?

"Burn it!" she aggressively ranted ~.~

It's either the spot or your house. Choose wisely, young one

On a less weird topic: Any one like Game of Thrones :P

Jijsaw wrote: »
    It's either the spot or your house. Choose wisely, young one

On a less weird topic: Any one like Game of Thrones :P

A few friends are trying to make me join their games of throne cult... I would watch it but I hardly have time now days, surprising isn't it ;).

#walkingdeadforevea

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

A few friends are trying to make me join their games of throne cult... I would watch it but I hardly have time now days, surprising isn't it ;).

#walkingdeadforevea

I haven't watched either... but has anyone watched BBC Sherlock? Reading a Johnlock fanfic right now.

Don't think I've school tomorrow due to the weather... Fingers crossed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

It's quite bad in Dublin, but no doubt we'll be going in :( Going skiing on Saturday though , so won't have to deal with it for too long :D!

The weather in Dublin is horrible! I feel even more sorry for you people in the inner country! I went jogging in the mud and rain yesterday, and I couldn't take at least three breaths without having wind rush in my mouth. It was so bad, I was almost suffocating.

At least now I have a rough idea how it is to be in a hurricane >.> hope you all are alright, and skiing In ireland? What is this madness? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

skiing In ireland? What is this madness? :p

Haha, I wish! Going to Andorra for a week with school. maybe should have been more specific :)

*starts boarding TY forum windows and door*

*starts boarding TY forum windows and door*

*Watches Arnie through the semi boarded up forum, shakes his head and begins to speak*

Anyhoo... My school is doing Shave Or Dye now, registered today! Can't wait to have pink or potentially blue hair! And it's all for a great cause :)

*Watches Arnie through the semi boarded up forum, shakes his head and begins to speak*

Anyhoo... My school is doing Shave Or Dye now, registered today! Can't wait to have pink or potentially blue hair! And it's all for a great cause :)

Aw nice! What charity is it for? :D

Aw nice! What charity is it for? :D
    It's for the Irish Cancer Society, my Grandad died of Cancer so I'm doing it for him. :)

It's for the Irish Cancer Society, my Grandad died of Cancer so I'm doing it for him. :)

Amazing. I have a cancer running in my family so I'm on the same boat. It's for a great cause :).

Amazing. I have a cancer running in my family so I'm on the same boat. It's for a great cause :).

I've been suffering with my breathing for a while so I was in hospital and wasn't in school pretty much all last week, on Thursday we had a Cosplay day which basically means like a dress up day, my year head dressed up as a Mistress! She pretended to run a Brothel and all! Raging I missed it but...

Also found out today that one of my good friend's mother died last night of Cancer, may she RIP.

• Advertisement

I've been suffering with my breathing for a while so I was in hospital and wasn't in school pretty much all last week, on Thursday we had a Cosplay day which basically means like a dress up day, my year head dressed up as a Mistress! She pretended to run a Brothel and all! Raging I missed it but...

Also found out today that one of my good friend's mother died last night of Cancer, may she RIP.

I know what cosplay is :D. You have asthma?

Advertisement