Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

I like to read sad and horror books, but I generally read anything if it has great reviews. At the moment I'm reading "America Pacifica". My favourite book so far is "The Fifth Wave" but the Hunger Games were alright aswell. Hbu? :)
    You'd like Stephen King (aka the king of horrors!) I love fantasies, because they just completely take you from the world we're in like the hunger games, skulduggery pleasant and I've started reading the mortal instruments. I also read a couple of John Green books and he's an amazing writer <3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm currently making my way through the Walking Dead books, theyre so good! Great read

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

I love Stephen King :) i think Misery is his best book, although I'm nearly finished his new one, and that's really good too - in fact all his books are really good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Looks like Stephen King will be on my list for this year :p

You should! I remember I read Salem's Lot when I was about 12, and I slept with a crucifix beside my bed! No joke! I was scared sh*tless!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

You lucky b*stards, I'm so jealous of ye, 5th year is awful!

Jijsaw wrote: »
    You lucky b*stards, I'm so jealous of ye, 5th year is awful!
    I feel no sympathy for you! :D
    Transition Year is such a great opportunity that it's sad to hear of people not doing it.
    Tomorrow I'm going to Tesco to do Virtual Shopping for Life Class to learn how to cope on a budget and on Thursday I'm going to the Carlow Musuem for Heritage! Was at the Dáil last Thursday too! :P

I'm doing mini company! So hard to think of a good product...

I'm doing mini company! So hard to think of a good product...
    I'm doing it too! My idea won me €100 :p But it's a secret though :cool:

I'm doing it too! My idea won me €100 :p But it's a secret though :cool:

XD We have just started so we don't have a lot of time to plan a product. I don't need ya help :p

I got my English repeal results back, I got a C 8). They should correct the JC properly so repeals wouldn't be an option... Silly SEC!

• Advertisement

Going to the Carlow Museum tomorrow which should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

TY ball tomorrow :D buzzing :3

It's been a crazy year so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Did anyone get result appeals back? A friend of mine got his appeals back and after appealing Business, Maths and Geography, his Geography score got moved up to an A from a B.

Did anyone get result appeals back? A friend of mine got his appeals back and after appealing Business, Maths and Geography, his Geography score got moved up to an A from a B.

Yeah I got my English and Art back but they didn't go up to As :(

I got mine back. My English went to a C :), but I'm pissed off even more because they should of corrected the exam properly on the first go, I would of preferred getting that C on the day I got my results! Really opens up how badly exams can be corrected sometimes... I should of rechecked history as well but ah well.

I got mine back. My English went to a C :), but I'm pissed off even more because they should of corrected the exam properly on the first go, I would of preferred getting that C on the day I got my results! Really opens up how badly exams can be corrected sometimes... I should of rechecked history as well but ah well.
    My history went up from a B to an A and I regret not checking business aswell! :(

Just finished a Heritage project... The feeling of relief!!
    Doing cooking on Thursday, can't wait :D

Just after sitting my grade 7 piano exam and I think it went well *fingers crossed* :D

Just after sitting my grade 7 piano exam and I think it went well *fingers crossed* :D

Grade 7? You're not serious! I did my Grade 5 exam there a good while ago and I did it for Music for JC.

Play one of Brian Crain's songs with the piano and my heart will melt! Piano is my favourite instrument, gonna start picking it up after the LC!

• Advertisement

Grade 7? You're not serious! I did my Grade 5 exam there a good while ago and I did it for Music for JC.
    I stopped doing grades for like 2 years after grade five cause I had the worst nervous breakdown in it and I was traumatised! :P :o
    Arnie I'm after listening to rain by him the music is so beautiful! especially with the violin :D

I stopped doing grades for like 2 years after grade five cause I had the worst nervous breakdown in it and I was traumatised! :P :o
    Arnie I'm after listening to rain by him the music is so beautiful! especially with the violin :D

That's real music! Not mainstream crap like Miley Cyrus and Nikki Manage (I know, I spelt the surname wrong :p). So my fellow TY boardies, what music do you like?

I generally listen to a huge range of genres, from krazy norweigen heavy metal (kvelertak <3) to Electro (Rudimental <3) to 60-80s rock (rolling stones <3) to instrumental (Lindsey stirling <3). I know right, I can't make up my mind when it comes to music but I hate all the mainstream crap with half naked girls singing and dancing in their music videos >.<.

:D

Had yoga through Irish today! Was actually really fun :)

Gonna be spending the whole day in the Rape Crisis Centre tomorrow which given it's an all boys school should be interesting.

Gonna be spending the whole day in the Rape Crisis Centre tomorrow which given it's an all boys school should be interesting.

That's interesting indeed! A lot of that stuff happens in the city :/

It surely is. Will definitely report back how it goes tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Probably isnt the place to be trying to educating people on it, but it happens everywhere (unfortunately).

Just came back from London, I'm wrecked! definitely a beautiful city and the mega meeting was epic 8).

I'm going to London in February and I can't wait! :D Was also told today that my school was given a place to a mini med programme in Dublin in January and they decided to give me the opportunity! :D I'm really loving TY :D

• Advertisement

Sorry about not posting here. It was very informative and interesting, we learned about sexual violence and sexual harassment and what not.

Going to Sweden on Dec 1 to visit family for around a week. Can't wait!! Havent seen them since the JC results and it's gonna be fun visiting Sverige again :)

Advertisement