Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm going to London in February and I can't wait! :D Was also told today that my school was given a place to a mini med programme in Dublin in January and they decided to give me the opportunity! :D I'm really loving TY :D

Mini med programme? What do ye do there? :p You're lucky you're going to Sweden, Alan! Try not to kill yourself with the snow! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Mini med programme? What do ye do there? :p You're lucky you're going to Sweden, Alan! Try not to kill yourself with the snow! :p
    I'm relations live in a suburb in Stockholm but it's still really cold. It's like a second home for me, gonna miss Ireland... Jks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

You get to see what it's like to study medicine! :D

You get to see what it's like to study medicine! :D
    Oh wow! Would appreciate some information on studying medicine when you're done with the programme :). I remember seeing that Trinity did a similar programme for medicine for TY students.

So, what do all you people want for Christmas? Is it really about the presents? :rolleyes: My German cousins will hopefully be coming for this year's, but I'll hardly be able to speak to them as they and I have no common language(It's a long story)! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

anyone able to give me any help with sage accounts? its just our teacher is hopeless and we have the sage exam next week and I have no idea what the test is based on!

• Advertisement

orlaxxx wrote: »
    anyone able to give me any help with sage accounts? its just our teacher is hopeless and we have the sage exam next week and I have no idea what the test is based on!

What is SAGE? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

an accounting course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

What is SAGE? :confused:

Sage is an accounts program, pretty much like excel really.

Just did a first aid course today! It was pretty tiring after a whole day of it but totally worth it! :D Tomorrow my class is visiting the old folks day centre as part of a project we're doing! and I've cooking afterschool tomorrow to finish of a programme we didn't get done in class. :D I love being busy in TY!

Just did a first aid course today! It was pretty tiring after a whole day of it but totally worth it! :D Tomorrow my class is visiting the old folks day centre as part of a project we're doing! and I've cooking afterschool tomorrow to finish of a programme we didn't get done in class. :D I love being busy in TY!
    Tell me about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I really havent gone on here in a while and so much stuff going both in my life and with everyone on here. I have done a first aid course, survived a night up the carlingford mountains without tents and am going to miss 2 weeks out of the three in january as the first week back in school im doing the mini-med week in blanchardstown or beaumont (cant remember which of my dads two hospitals he signed me up in) and the last week of January I am doing a course in DCU called Compute TY where we learn how to a) create a website, b) learn to make apps or c) learn to programme through Java i think it was. I choose to do b) as it sounded the most interesting. Oh and i think i also have completed my personal skill part for gaisce which is life saving or will soon as it ends after Christmas i think.

Bluestrike wrote: »
    I really havent gone on here in a while and so much stuff going both in my life and with everyone on here. I have done a first aid course, survived a night up the carlingford mountains without tents and am going to miss 2 weeks out of the three in january as the first week back in school im doing the mini-med week in blanchardstown or beaumont (cant remember which of my dads two hospitals he signed me up in) and the last week of January I am doing a course in DCU called Compute TY where we learn how to a) create a website, b) learn to make apps or c) learn to programme through Java i think it was. I choose to do b) as it sounded the most interesting. Oh and i think i also have completed my personal skill part for gaisce which is life saving or will soon as it ends after Christmas i think.
    I'm doing the mini med programme as well! :D

Tell me about it!
    About what the first aid or the day care centre? :P

About what the first aid or the day care centre? :P

Being busy in ty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I'm doing the mini med programme as well! :D

I asked my dad which one and it is in Beaumont so if your doing that one to, see you there :P

Being busy in ty :D
    Well this week I did a first aid course :D Went to an day care centre. Got out of classes to wrap presents for the teachers from the principle ;) Took part in a badminton county-tournament today and got to a semi final! Tomorrow the whole school gets to dress up to raise money for our bus (for our TY trip to London in February) and we have our carol service tomorrow and I have to do a reading at it! :D Next week we have work experience and for one day we have to go into school to do the 'Drive for life' programme, it's supposed to be fab!

Bluestrike wrote: »
    I asked my dad which one and it is in Beaumont so if your doing that one to, see you there :P
    I am! See ya there bud! ;D

Coming home tomorrow, have to say I've loved every minute here! I should upload some pics to show ye just how beautiful the snow is here...Jag vill inte lamna! :P
    Back to school Monday morning too :(

Coming home tomorrow, have to say I've loved every minute here! I should upload some pics to show ye just how beautiful the snow is here...Jag vill inte lamna! :P
    Back to school Monday morning too :(

Welcome back to plain old boring Ireland!

Just did a charity fitness event!!!!!!! 10 Rounds of sparring, 10km run, 100 push ups, 100 v-situps, 100 squats and 100 berpies :D. I'm ****ing wrecked! I had a good time, great craic and we made a Christmas party to settle things off in the end :D. I had a great time, but my feet wouldn't agree with that xDDDDDDD.

Hope the rest of yous are having an awesome Sunday :D:D

• Advertisement

Just did a charity fitness event!!!!!!! 10 Rounds of sparring, 10km run, 100 push ups, 100 v-situps, 100 squats and 100 berpies :D. I'm ****ing wrecked! I had a good time, great craic and we made a Christmas party to settle things off in the end :D. I had a great time, but my feet wouldn't agree with that xDDDDDDD.

Hope the rest of yous are having an awesome Sunday :D:D
    Wow :0 I'm absolutely gobsmacked! How did you manage to do all that? and how often/hard did you train for it? I set myself a new year resolution thing (for next year) to be able to run 10kms by before the summer holidays next year, So that's what I'm aiming towards! Congrats to you though! :D

Wow :0 I'm absolutely gobsmacked! How did you manage to do all that? and how often/hard did you train for it? I set myself a new year resolution thing (for next year) to be able to run 10kms by before the summer holidays next year, So that's what I'm aiming towards! Congrats to you though! :D

I've been training up for it all month and November, plus I've been doing these kind of things for 6 years so yea ... feeling pain and almost fainting is second nature to me :rolleyes: 10km might seem short but it's long! The first few kilometers are horrible! The last km is easy! How you training up for it? :pac:

I've been training up for it all month and November, plus I've been doing these kind of things for 6 years so yea ... feeling pain and almost fainting is second nature to me :rolleyes: 10km might seem short but it's long! The first few kilometers are horrible! The last km is easy! How you training up for it? :pac:
    It's not for anything it's just kind of a personal goal :P I can run 3km but I find that really hard. Fair play to you after training for a month and a half!:D We have a treadmill in one of our sheds at home so I can run on that. I'd prefer to run on the roads for the scenery but I wouldn't know how far I ran :P

It's not for anything it's just kind of a personal goal :P I can run 3km but I find that really hard. Fair play to you after training for a month and a half!:D We have a treadmill in one of our sheds at home so I can run on that. I'd prefer to run on the roads for the scenery but I wouldn't know how far I ran :P

There's a running forum on here so you ask for 10km routes in your area :p. I wouldn't reconmmend running on your own because I hate it and bad stuff can happen if people see a teen girl running endlessly by hereself, plus I find it that it motivates me more to run with friends :). 3km is really good! Be prepared for feet riddled with blisters :D.

There's a running forum on here so you ask for 10km routes in your area :p. I wouldn't reconmmend running on your own because I hate it and bad stuff can happen if people see a teen girl running endlessly by hereself, plus I find it that it motivates me more to run with friends :). 3km is really good! Be prepared for feet riddled with blisters :D.
    Thanks for the help! :D do you wear any special brand of shoes while you're running?

Thanks for the help! :D do you wear any special brand of shoes while you're running?

I just wore my ordinary runners (which probably was a huge mistake as they were not really "light" or "flexible") :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I can see the tumbleweed rolling in this thread

I'm going to the RDS tomorrow for the Young Scientist thing, should be good.

Jijsaw wrote: »
    I can see the tumbleweed rolling in this thread

No thread is complete without a crazy irish person like you!

Alan, is it in Dublin? :o I have a wee mate who is going so just wondering...

• Advertisement

No thread is complete without a crazy irish person like you!

Alan, is it in Dublin? :o I have a wee mate who is going so just wondering...

Yeah Arnie its in Dublin.
    It should be fun and it's a day out of Carlow which is always a plus!

Advertisement