Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

granthamx wrote: »
    I'm doing the trinity biochemistry and immunology course too but the week in February :) I'm so excited it should be great! DublinArnie how are you and a classmate doing it together? I thought they only take one student per school?
    A teacher in my school has a connection with one of the lectures/professors who run the programme, so they allowed two from my school :D.

I'm doing the week in feburary :) any idea how many students are gonna be there? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

sotisme wrote: »
    I'm doing the week in feburary :) any idea how many students are gonna be there? :D

16 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Just finished my first week of work experience and I absolutely LOVED it! :) Everyone was so friendly and helpful and gave me a really good understanding of what they did. It was nice seeing the real world applications of what I learned in business too! :)
    The thought of gong back to school now is sickening me though :( The faster this year goes by the better in my opinion!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Still in France but I was looking at Facebook there and I found out I won a €100 One4All voucher for entering a competition. Basically we had to give our mini company ideas to the County Enterprise Facebook page because we were at a talk a couple of days ago. Delighted with that!

Have a great Halloween tomorrow everyone! If you know what's good for ya, I suggest staying in-doors unless if you want to come home with a missing limb (not joking, if you're in Dublin City, you'll know what I'm talking about!!).

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 rach.xo

Is anyone doing MUN by the way?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

What's MUN? :0

Model United Nations, it's like a simulation of the real United Nations, and they hold a big conference in April where delegates (students) from all over the world come and debate, and come up with solutions for international problems. I think about 800 people go to the dublin one?:) it goes on for a week, and some schools give you the option to host a foreign student for the week if you want!:)

rach.xo wrote: »
    Model United Nations, it's like a simulation of the real United Nations, and they hold a big conference in April where delegates (students) from all over the world come and debate, and come up with solutions for international problems. I think about 800 people go to the dublin one?:) it goes on for a week, and some schools give you the option to host a foreign student for the week if you want!:)
    We had a kid from Syria stay with us for two days and then he changed school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I think our debating team is going to do it :) Our teacher asked us if we were interested and we said we were so hopefully :)

• Advertisement

Came back from France this morning. 10 days in that country was heaven! I improved my French a good bit but I still have much left to improve! So how was Hallowe'en for everyone?

Came back from France this morning. 10 days in that country was heaven! I improved my French a good bit but I still have much left to improve! So how was Hallowe'en for everyone?
    I would love to go to France! I think I may be going next year because my cousin (who I'm good friends with) is doing French in college and she said I could come visit her next year when she has to spend 9 months there! :D Halloween was good! the day before a couple of friends and I watched a couple of horrors and I went trick-or-treating for the first time in my life *gasp* I know, I had a deprived childhood. :P

I would love to go to France! I think I may be going next year because my cousin (who I'm good friends with) is doing French in college and she said I could come visit her next year when she has to spend 9 months there! :D Halloween was good! the day before a couple of friends and I watched a couple of horrors and I went trick-or-treating for the first time in my life *gasp* I know, I had a deprived childhood. :P

You've never trick or treated!?
    What sort of monstrous parents have you! Lol
    France was amazing, the city I stayed in (Dole) was beautiful. Me and some other people who went along with the French students just toured the town for most of Halloween night. It was really fun, would definitely recommend it!

You've never trick or treated!?
    What sort of monstrous parents have you! Lol
    France was amazing, the city I stayed in (Dole) was beautiful. Me and some other people who went along with the French students just toured the town for most of Halloween night. It was really fun, would definitely recommend it!
    Yeah :eek: had to sneak out with my brother, but they weren't angry at all when we came home as soon as they saw the sweets :P ahh! I'm excited now! :D

Yeah :eek: had to sneak out with my brother, but they weren't angry at all when we came home as soon as they saw the sweets :P ahh! I'm excited now! :D

If I wasn't so fûcking tall I'd still be trick or treating!
    Nothing like free sweets...
    Had to stop in 1st year :P
    You should be excited, France is amazing ;) I really wanna go back to Germany/Austria now..... Sigh :P

If I wasn't so fûcking tall I'd still be trick or treating!
    Nothing like free sweets...
    Had to stop in 1st year :P
    You should be excited, France is amazing ;) I really wanna go back to Germany/Austria now..... Sigh :P

France is amazing! I love it there :) My aunt lives in Paris so I have someone to practice with and somewhere to stay when I go over! :D

Trinity college <3

Trinity college <3

How's the course going so far :) a guy in my year is doing it this week. Grrrr!
    I really wanted to do it :(

pvakelly wrote: »
    How's the course going so far :) a guy in my year is doing it this week. Grrrr!
    I really wanted to do it :(

It's good Craic :) really interesting and gives an excellent perspective to college life. All the lads are crazy :p

It's good Craic :) really interesting and gives an excellent perspective to college life. All the lads are crazy :p
    What course are you doing?:)

• Advertisement

What course are you doing?:)

Biochemistry and Immunology, but we touch on other stuff like genetics. We were going mad things in the lab and everything. University is better than I expected, everyone is chill unlike secondary school :D.

Biochemistry and Immunology, but we touch on other stuff like genetics. We were going mad things in the lab and everything. University is better than I expected, everyone is chill unlike secondary school :D.
    I'm doing that one in Febuary! Please tell me all about it :)

Was at the Dáil today, beautiful building. Got to meet Mary White, Ruarai Quinn and David Norris, they all seemed very nice and friendly. Was very good.

I'm doing that one in Febuary! Please tell me all about it :)

I dissected a rat today, was deadly!!!! :D poor rat though!

I dissected a rat today, was deadly!!!! :D poor rat though!

Whaaaaat?:confused:
    That's crazy! I wouldn't be able for that... Euck!

I'm just back from our TY bonding trip (late, I know) and I got amazing news today that my history result I appealed went up to an A! :D

I'm just back from our TY bonding trip (late, I know) and I got amazing news today that my history result I appealed went up to an A! :D

Congratulations :).

I just finished my one week biochemistry and immunology internship over at trinity. Best week I ever had in any educational facility (maybe because I'm a nerd) :D! I'm so sad that it went so fast! Excellent experience and now I know what I want to do at university level :). Who ever is doing this programme, you're going for a ride!!! They'll probably change it a bit as we gave alot of feed back today, both positive and negative :p.

Overall, it's fking great :) and I feel like I lost 16 best friends >.<

It sounds like you had an amazing week! :eek: I'm so jealous I love anything to do with science.

What kind of books do you guys like reading?

Congratulations :).

I just finished my one week biochemistry and immunology internship over at trinity. Best week I ever had in any educational facility (maybe because I'm a nerd) :D! I'm so sad that it went so fast! Excellent experience and now I know what I want to do at university level :). Who ever is doing this programme, you're going for a ride!!! They'll probably change it a bit as we gave alot of feed back today, both positive and negative :p.

Overall, it's fking great :) and I feel like I lost 16 best friends >.<

The biochemistry and immunology sounds amazing!! I was in the science gallery this week and it was so good! :) did anyone do type in trinity? That was meant to be good too!

• Advertisement

It sounds like you had an amazing week! :eek: I'm so jealous I love anything to do with science.

What kind of books do you guys like reading?

I like to read sad and horror books, but I generally read anything if it has great reviews. At the moment I'm reading "America Pacifica". My favourite book so far is "The Fifth Wave" but the Hunger Games were alright aswell. Hbu? :)

Advertisement