Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Another montage. Great.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    As an Irish person, why would you ever care about any tennis match?

The most bizarre post yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

walshb wrote: »
    What a lame post.

I can go one better. He only won because Fed and Nadal were beaten early!

I heard Djokovic had a dodgy egg for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

For those familiar with Chris (Simpsons artist):
    today is the greatest day of all of our lifes because andy murray the best scottish tennis player that england has ever had has become the first man to win the wimbeldon championship cup final in nearly 100 years. i loved it at the end when he was putting the trophy on top of his head but my best bit of all was when it was at half time and andy murray was pretending to be a puppy and he was running around the crowd and he was jumping up on to people and he was going under peoples chairs to make them laugh and then a man came out of a tunnel with a microphone and he said that all of the children in the crowd was allowed to go on to the tennis pitch at half time to stroke andy murrays back and have their pictures taken sitting next to him holding a tennis ball and i dont think that there is any other tennis player in all of the world who does things like that for other people and it shows what a kind and sensitive man andy murray actually is and i know that his mum will be so proud of him today and i think that in our hearts we are all andy murrays mum and he will always be our son whether he loses or if he has won and i think that if it wasnt for andy murray then most of the people in britain would have just given up by now and killed themselfs so thank you andy murray for giving us all hope and making us realise that life is actually worth living after all and whenever i see someone smile in the street from now on i will always be reminded of this beautiful day that andy murray smiled for the very first time as he lifted the wimbledon championship cup high above his head and he became the champion of each and every single one of our hearts. Chris (Simpsons artist) xox

b51b5546e12553237aaed216e187b743.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

im not in a suit on my feet fist-pumping as Cooper was, having probably never watched a game previously in his life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The most bizarre post yet

Didnt you know, we only like hurling, football (the real kind, with the hands), horse racing and the lads from D4 like rugby. Anything else and you're not Irish.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

From the BBC sports website
    1758:

News reaching me that Ivan Lendl is being treated by St John Ambulance after his face ceased up from smiling too much - it was clocked at 38 seconds in total and the effort of changing back to his usual frown was apparently too much for him. Wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

srm23 wrote: »
    im not in a suit on my feet fist-pumping as Cooper was, having probably never watched a game previously in his life.

How do you know cooper isnt a massive tennis fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Sh*te match, but fair play to Andy Murray anyway.

• srm23 wrote: »

Why is it probable?

He's a tennis fan as far as I know. Certainly not the first time I've seen him associated with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Well done Andy Murray, you wiped the floor with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Speisekarte

What are you talking about???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭emo72

keep watching sky news. an alien mothership might land tonight. well its less bizarre than a brit winning wimbledon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Well, as you might know I was against Murray in every match.

But...fair play to him. He'll have that for the rest of his life. I won't begrudge him.

Djockovic ended the match like he had played all game, hitting into the net.

Was a poor championship overall. We need the 4 best players back playing their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why is it probable?

He's a tennis fan as far as I know. Certainly not the first time I've seen him associated with it.

He plays alot of tennis and has played in some celebrity matches .
    He partnered Maria Sharapova in one match .;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,096 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think Pudsy's post was in response to a "silly" post made regarding supporting persons not from your country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Well, as you might know I was against Murray in every match.

But...fair play to him. He'll have that for the rest of his life. I won't begrudge him.

It will be good for the game in Britain and also Ireland,hopefully more people will take up the game on the back of his success.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Speisekarte

It will be good for the game in Britain and also Ireland,hopefully more people will take up the game on the back of his success.

Can't see that happening long term, maybe for the next year or so, people have short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,729 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Delighted for Murray well done to him

• Registered Users Posts: 36,177 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he deserves it.

all that pressure from the British media and public, all that publicity as a teenager, he arrives in the greatest generation of tennis players ever...he responds by working hard, winning his first Major last year, then today.

well done Andy Murray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭heartseeker

prob shouldn't bring your girlfriend to it, when they break up and he looks back at the footage her reaction shots are in it the whole way.

why does bradley cooper care who won

I thought it was very strange indeed that he neither looked to embrace his girlfriend or hadn't the decency to say one kind word to her either.Something not right there.Not that it matters but I think Murray could make an announcement soon on his sexual preferences as it he has no affection for the girl why have her there cheering on every point emphatically.I have a feeling she might be a PR plant.Could be wrong though..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Good Jesus, talk about being misunderstood.

The previous poster gave out about Bradley Cooper celebrating the Murray win, suggesting he had no reason to.

My point was that he has as much of a reason to cheer on any tennis player as any of us, and it isn't necessarily about nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Oops
    BOmEReNCMAITMbS.png:large
    Fixed now (assuming it wasn't a hoax).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

prob shouldn't bring your girlfriend to it, when they break up and he looks back at the footage her reaction shots are in it the whole way.

But when he's 90 he can look back at it and think "God damn I was hitting that ****".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Listen, he's a unit now, so he is. ;):D

I wouldn't say he is actually. it'll take a lot more than winning Wimbledon to become one of those. He can get to that level if he doesn't let this get to his head.

walshb wrote: »
    He only won because Fed and Nadal were beaten early!

Also helped him as well. Would have been much tougher psychologically to beat any of those boys on their day.

But Mr. Murray won and fair play to him. You can only beat what is in front of you as Mayo say in the GAA.

Murray could make an announcement soon on his sexual preferences as it he has no affection for the girl why have her there cheering on every point emphatically.I have a feeling she might be a PR plant.Could be wrong though..

Could be something in that. Might have came out with this Gay statement as a way of softening people into his ideas.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/roger-federer-andy-murray-say-gay-players-would-not-face-discrimination-on-world-tennis-tour/story-e6frf4mu-1226641333393#.UdnJVPnD_oI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Morzadec wrote: »
    Don't think that's fair at all.

They've been behind their man always. I know we get this sense of schadenfraude when the British lose and we enjoy watching the commentators sullen faces, but be fair.

We would be exactly the same if it was an Irish guy out there, right behind him with plenty of bias from the commentary box.

It's normal that they want a British player to win especially considering all the years of hurt with Henman and the 77 years without a winner - it really would be a historic day for them and a proud day for any British person.

Cut them some slack - this goes on in every country.

Yep, The French are the same with their own, as are the Yanks with theirs as is every other nation.

The most depressing this is the British public normally rally behind our sportsmen without any chip in the shoulder, examples would be the Irish soccer team and they were very complimentary about Katie last year as well, but so many Irish people want British sports people to fail.
    .:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Neeson wrote: »
    Could be something in that. Might have came out with this Gay statement as a way of softening people into his ideas.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/roger-federer-andy-murray-say-gay-players-would-not-face-discrimination-on-world-tennis-tour/story-e6frf4mu-1226641333393#.UdnJVPnD_oI

Murray and Sears have been together seven years, after Lendl she was the first person he went to today.

I think you are posting nonsense.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Murray and Sears have been together seven years, after Lendl she was the first person he went to today.

I think you are posting nonsense.

Woah. WOAH!

It wasn't me who made the gay claim originally. I was just trying to find some hints.

Advertisement