Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brumbies vs Lions, Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Who are Sky hyping? (no speakers in work)

Kearney a bit, to be honest. Made one good decision in defence and they analysed it for two minutes.

Tipuric getting a little praise. Wade getting a lot of mentions but not significant praise.

Nobody worth hyping, even for Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Evans has done absolutely nothing on this tour. Ryan, McCarthy, Launcberry all had better seasons than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭JRant

One thing this game has done is show Warburtons performance last week in a new light. Relative to today, against similar ish standard opposition, you'd have to upgrade his efforts last week.

Croft - Warbs - Heaslip are safe for the 1st Test.

Zebo nothing to fear from Wade (if North is out).

Kearney feeling his way back to top form. Will be a huge asset in the Tour. Notwithstanding the excellent Halfpenny, i'm convinced the coaching staff would like Kearney at FB and 1/2p wing saturday. Rob would be long gone home if they didn't feel he had a big part to play.

There is no way the performances can be compared to today.
    Put POC and AWJ into that pack and it would be a different animal altogether. Plus the whole backline are just winging it.

Would be very harsh to judge performances based on the team put out.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Kearney is playing his way out of the 23. But then everybody else playing today is too.

In fairness he was never going to be in the 23. His only hope is if Halfpenny gets injured at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

19543261 wrote: »
    ****e, missed the first half.

Quick assessment, anyone?

Absolute cack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Pure sh1te!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Easy - rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I wouldn't judge any of the back row individually. The balance isn't there. There needs to be a change, and Lydiate is the perfect guy to introduce.

Evans needs to step up a little as well because he should be loving these breakdowns.

Richie Gray needs to adjust his body position, he should adjust it to about 33 degrees sitting backwards on a flight back to Edinburgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Kearney is playing his way out of the 23. But then everybody else playing today is too.

Total opposite imo.

Given he was injured, he wasn't assured his place in the 23.

He's been one of the Lions top 3 performers 1st half and arguably the best. That's not saying a lot given they have all been muck. But he's securing his place in that 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

No one. Just saying up the intensity. Honestly they should be happy at half time, they have played terrible and are only 5 points behind.

Every player out there knows they can play better so they must feel they have a good shot. They even got a few phases together when Youngs realised his back line weren't all 20ft tall and forwards started getting into a few rucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Evans has done absolutely nothing on this tour. Ryan, McCarthy, Launcberry all had better seasons than him.

Evans had a strong 6N. Certainly better than the two Irish lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,326 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any radio stations for commentary, i have sky go on the computer at work, but my head phones are not working. i have an internet radio . i tried talk sport but its not letting me listen to the commentary, must be for the UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The Welsh MBs would say Evans was one of their best players in the 6Ns.

They'll also say he has been very poor on this tour though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

2smiggy wrote: »
    any radio stations for commentary, i have sky go on the computer at work, but my head phones are not working. i have an internet radio . i tried talk sport but its not letting me listen to the commentary, must be for the UK only

RTE LW 252 or it's online on radio 1 extra.

Rory.

Out

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

BEST FFS!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Ah rory....

That's inexcusable

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Well that's completely untrue anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Rory Best is playing himself out of an Irish jersey with this throwing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

2smiggy wrote: »

Talksport 1089AM or go to their website and get it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭WorldRugby99

sorry to say best has to go off-lineout costing us any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

**** Sake Best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Oh rory rory rory

Nice offload from SOB to Wade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Rory needs to come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Isa got YC'd for a similar tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Super hands from SOB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Might be on RTE1 extra, but last week the radio commentary was ahead of the sky pictures on Sky Go. Ended up switching off. Bad enough listening to Donal Lenihan without it being out of sync with the images!

I can't believe how bad Rory has been. I'd wager he's gone seasons without throwing this many crooked lineouts.

• Advertisement

Oh Jesus.

Advertisement