Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brumbies vs Lions, Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Faletau is actually having a decent game in fairness, but just decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

.ak wrote: »

Dunno, carrying well but his famed workrate is nowhere to be seen

• Subscribers Posts: 41,218 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He seems to be working with sob at the break down, but was caught earlier isolated and have away penalty.

Has he done anything of note?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

its going to be a good Second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Brumbies hard done by there, we're almost suffering when we get some go forward because our support is so disorganised they're getting isolated ridiculously easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

One thing this game has done is show Warburtons performance last week in a new light. Relative to today, against similar ish standard opposition, you'd have to upgrade his efforts last week.

Croft - Warbs - Heaslip are safe for the 1st Test.

Zebo nothing to fear from Wade (if North is out).

Kearney feeling his way back to top form. Will be a huge asset in the Tour. Notwithstanding the excellent Halfpenny, i'm convinced the coaching staff would like Kearney at FB and 1/2p wing saturday. Rob would be long gone home if they didn't feel he had a big part to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

stackerman wrote: »
    Aint gona beat that defence with piss slow ball like that

Phase after phase and going backwards everytime, lions really need to up it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

looks like Bernard Jackman got a good 1 in Kimlin for Grenoble

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Interesting half time analysis to come. Who will Sky blame the most?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

decisions wrote: »
    Has Barrit touched the ball?

He woke up with about 10 minutes to go and started working very hard. Before that he was anonymous.

I do feel bad for the backs because they have all literally stepped off a plane for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Well I think this half answers the heaslip v faleteau debate.
    Where is the great work rate, the carries, the rucking?

He started well. Same thing could be said of SOB. Players who have been on form are being made to look bad here. Tipuric is arguably the only one who has looked good in that half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

I don't think any of last weekends XV will be overly worried for the starting place.

Kearney's been useful but Halfpenny is absolutely nailed on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Trying hard but getting nowhere. Hasn't linked play at all. Lowest tackle count of the back row by a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭JRant

trouttrout wrote: »
    If anyone wants a lesson in how not to clean a ruck take a look at Richie Gray

I loved the one where SOB was on the ground with the ball and Gray cleared out about 2 feet to the right of where SOB was.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

One thing this game has done is show Warburtons performance last week in a new light. Relative to today, against similar ish standard opposition, you'd have to upgrade his efforts last week.

Croft - Warbs - Heaslip are safe for the 1st Test.

Zebo nothing to fear from Wade (if North is out).

Kearney feeling his way back to top form. Will be a huge asset in the Tour. Notwithstanding the excellent Halfpenny, i'm convinced the coaching staff would like Kearney at FB and 1/2p wing saturday. Rob would be long gone home if they didn't feel he had a big part to play.

Kearney is no where near Halfpenny. His defense has always been weak in his game. Halfpenny would put his head under a bus to make a tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this shouldn't be a surprise.

there has been no time for so many of this backline to get into the way Gatland wants the team to play. cohesion does not come automatically.

yes, some of the individuals have been brutal. Wade's non-tackle for the try for instance. Best's throwing. Evans unable to hit a ruck. Faleteau pretty invisible. Barritt being plain awful.

but cohesion helps most of that. Gatland has given this team very little chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Are these lads a little drunk or are my speakers slurring?

Sorry lads but NO lions players have played in any way well in the first half.

Doing your basic duties is not playing well...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I was of that opinion but the Lions have come out and said that if they knew flying out the extent of his injury, they'd have left him behind.

Who are Sky hyping? (no speakers in work)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Lineout getting ripped - rightly. Best, plus lifters and overall execution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Buer wrote: »
    I was of that opinion but the Lions have come out and said that if they knew flying out the extent of his injury, they'd have left him behind.

Yes but the diagnosis was made by Hong Kong time and that's a good time to say cheers Rob but away you go home. They knew he would be out for 2-3 weeks and still kept him in camp. Ditto Tommy Bowe.

Bottom line you don't keep players who are out for 2-3 weeks unless they strongly figure in your plans down the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 243 ✭✭Fits Morris

Kearney is playing his way out of the 23. But then everybody else playing today is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

****e, missed the first half.

Quick assessment, anyone?

No body, they even chickened out of offering an opinion whether gatland will look to the bench to save the game, or persist with those on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Mostly hoping a stern talking to will do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Lions 3-8 Brumbies half time

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOGGG and HOGGGGG collide This has exposed the lack of depth in this lions squad. The brumbies will tire and the Lions will look better in the second 1/2. No doubt essentially being out of the first test has dropped heads here a tad.

19543261 wrote: »
    ****e, missed the first half.

Quick assessment, anyone?

You got it in one

****e :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Thekidneybean

Can't watch the game :/ anyone give me a quick overview of half(including score please ) tbh all I got was that these guys won't be in the test team. How SOB and tipuiric doing?

• Advertisement

Kearney is playing his way out of the 23. But then everybody else playing today is too.

Kearney wasn't near the 23 before this game either.

Halfpenny has locked up 15, Kearney only covers one position.

22 is Farrell without a shadow of a doubt (10 / 12/ 13 at a push)
    One of Hogg or Zebo wearing 23 imo.

Advertisement