Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brumbies vs Lions, Match Thread

Options
  • 18-06-2013 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Lions to win by 15ish I reckon

shane-williams_1436922c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I think the Lions could lose here. Makey-uppey backline, and it's not that weak a Brumbies team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Lions by 10 to 15 points, will be close for a long while but the strength of the bench will help us win.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Backline is all over the place, but the pack is test standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Greenwood is so full of crap, his logic for starting Toby F: "He's class, never drops a restart and he knows Phillips inside out"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Enjoyed the little interview with Shane Williams at the start there, always seemed like a sound lad.

• Advertisement

Greenwood basically describing Heaslip's skills when describing Faletau, restarts, hands, work rate with the 9, link man...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭NU8

The Lions backrow will surely dominate. Wade and Williams are both able to finish if nothing else. Think the Lions will win but it will be close.

If you only want to play players who are familiar with each other, why do a Lions tour at all.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    If you only want to play players who are familiar with each other, why do a Lions tour at all.

He's completely overstating how important a nines relationship with an 8 is anyway. Plus Heaslip and Phillips are well acquainted in that regard anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

trouttrout wrote: »
    Greenwood is so full of crap, his logic for starting Toby F: "He's class, never drops a restart and he knows Phillips inside out"

They've pidgeonholed Heaslip as this guy who runs out wide and isn't the man for the tight stuff.. when that's pretty much all he's been doing for Leinster over the last 2 years, and been doing pretty well.

Really lame generalisations, Faletau plays tight - Heaslip plays wide, Croft plays wide - put Faletau in = balance. The best thing about Heaslip is that he is so versatile, he'll play how you need him to play depending on the make-up of the backrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭bilston

While I don't think he would be right starting Felatau I also don't think he is full of crap. I know it's a risky business to be advocating the selection of an Englishman, Welshman or Scotsman on here but other opinions are available.

Anyway it could be a tight one this. This is the first time I've actually thought that there is a chance the Lions might lose, I think we'll do it but possibly by less than 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Heaslip's completion rate at the breakdown is 4-5% higher than Faletau. Having Warburton might excuse Faletau's dodgy breakdown technique but I honestly have no idea why you'd pick Faletau. He's been outplayed in every area by Heaslip and there is no tactical argument for his inclusion.

I really think it'll be Heaslip. I don't know how people can say he has a higher work rate than Heaslip with a straight face. Especially people who can see the stats.

Well they were also saying how good Lydiate has been, for someone that has played the most minutes of the backrow he has been pretty anonymous.

Interesting to see SOB doing all the chat in the dressing room, didn't see him as much of a talker

SOB speaking in the dressing room, never would have him down as the type!

Scott Sio is a good player, does some rampaging runs.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Noticed that myself, he seems very pumped up for this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Zebo to come on for half an hour and fcuk sh1t up is my prediction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Quite the ronnie on Colby Fainga'a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Can't help but let out a laugh at seeing Williams at 14 there

tumblr_m6ocahX7qW1rnruje.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

youngs pushing for test position ??

Phillips has it Nailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Tox56 wrote: »
    They've pidgeonholed Heaslip as this guy who runs out wide and isn't the man for the tight stuff.. when that's pretty much all he's been doing for Leinster over the last 2 years, and been doing pretty well.

Really lame generalisations, Faletau plays tight - Heaslip plays wide, Croft plays wide - put Faletau in = balance. The best thing about Heaslip is that he is so versatile, he'll play how you need him to play depending on the make-up of the backrow

Funnily enough it was the same 4 years ago, Barnes didnt have Heaslip in his touring squad as he felt he was just a poor mans Parisse, opted for Nick Easter instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I know why he'd give that impression but he's quite vocal. He was captaining Leinster at 23 and was always well able to speak up for himself in the huddles.

bilston wrote: »
    While I don't think he would be right starting Felatau I also don't think he is full of crap. I know it's a risky business to be advocating the selection of an Englishman, Welshman or Scotsman on here but other opinions are available.

Address the actual points rather than the old "green tinted glasses" routine. Greenwood promotes Faletau and then goes on to list some of Heaslip's best qualities to support his case, and includes his relationship with Phillips as if it will be relevant even though Heaslip
    started all 3 tests with him in 2009 and started beside him just last week :confused:

shuffol wrote: »
    Funnily enough it was the same 4 years ago, Barnes didnt have Heaslip in his touring squad as he felt he was just a poor mans Parisse, opted for Nick Easter instead.

A poor mans Parisse would still be quite some player!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

C'mon Seanie!!, put it up to Gatland the blinker F.

I don't know if the other lads can understand him tho. ;)

Is their hooker so good they named him twice?

Tox56 wrote: »
    Address the actual points rather than the old "green tinted glasses" routine. Greenwood promotes Faletau and then goes on to list some of Heaslip's best qualities to support his case, and includes his relationship with Phillips as if it will be relevant even though Heaslip
    started all 3 tests with him in 2009 and started beside him just last week :confused:

Thanks for your advice on how to post. I'll bear it in mind in future.

As for what Greenwood was saying I have no idea, I'm not watching it. I was actually saying that TT was wrong to say Greenwood is full crap because I think he is a good analyst. If you also read my post I also say that Heaslip should be starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Good man Wade!

Advertisement