Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada vs Ireland, 12:40, TG4

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Deccie Fitz has been as stiff as a wet napkin in the scrums so far.

Buckled in every single one!

He is a poor player and shouldn't be anywhere near an Irish side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Hype710 wrote: »
    Ian Madigan may be the better rugby player, but for me, Paddy Jackson is the better out half.

Paddy Jackson is an outhalf and Madigan is a rugby player, but that doesn't mean Madigan isn't as good at playing outhalf as Jackson, and I don't really see how you're coming to that conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Now POM, get a try from the back of this.

I feel irritated for him at this point

Ah f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Screaming for a blindside move.

Buer wrote: »
    Screaming for a blindside move.

Move over Schmidt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Actually, is there even a TMO for this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

Have we a MOTM for tonight?

nice conversion PJ

job done lads. Good performances from several players.

Very good second half really.

Night folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

POM 100 % record as captain if only DK had thought of that....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Niallof9 wrote: »
    He is a poor player and shouldn't be anywhere near an Irish side.

Does that indicate a lack of strength in depth though ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭cityman 18

40-14 FT

Miles better than last week. Decent game/performance

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tac4271

Irlandczyk wrote: »

Fergus McFadden

Some seriously dodgy patches, but given the circumstances there were some great moments in there, a couple of the tries were real beauts, and that's all you can expect in these end of season things

McFadden with MOTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

POM MOTM for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

Irlandczyk wrote: »

McFadden so. Good choice IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

McF is MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Tox56 wrote: »
    Paddy Jackson is an outhalf and Madigan is a rugby player, but that doesn't mean Madigan isn't as good at playing outhalf as Jackson, and I don't really see how you're coming to that conclusion

Madigan is versatile, he's exciting and a great goal kicker, which make him a great rugby player. But in terms of the fundamentals of out half play, Jackson trumps him for me (as long as he plays flat!). Ran the back line beautifully in the last twenty I felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Did McFadden get MOTM because he scored the most tries?? He was grand tonight but I wouldn't of thought MOTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

Nicely rounded off. McFadden with a hat-trick and MOTM. Night lads, thanks for the bit of craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

POM MOTM for me.
    Yup, despite his reactions to a lot of off the ball (it's POM - it happens), the intensity he brings to the loose is pretty admirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

McFadden was grand, and got a hat-trick but I'd have gone for Madigan/POM for motm, maybe even Trimble/Tuohy/TOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

Hype710 wrote: »
    Madigan is versatile, he's exciting and a great goal kicker, which make him a great rugby player. But in terms of the fundamentals of out half play, Jackson trumps him for me (as long as he plays flat!). Ran the back line beautifully in the last twenty I felt.

Could possibly turn into a Demsey and Murphy-esque situation in years to come.

Toner also much improved, solid when called upon in the lineout, got around clearing rucks well and even had time for a few aggressive carries and a try scoring offload too

mohawk wrote: »
    Did McFadden get MOTM because he scored the most tries?? He was grand tonight but I wouldn't of thought MOTM

Would be rare for someone to score 3 tries and not get it. Wasn't best player on field outside his tries but had a good game, I thought. Couple sloppy moments in defence but worked hard, roamed getting his hands on the ball all over the field.

POM, Toner, McFadden and Jones were the best players for me, overall. Glad to see Jones getting a good game under his belt. TOD, Tuohy and Strauss were good too. Halfbacks moved the ball well but didn't give enough control when things got rough and Madigan's kicking from hand was poor.

Downey may as well have not been on the pitch. Was filling a jersey and kept as far from the ball as possible for 90% of the game. If Olding was genuinely available as reported, the selection makes absolutely no sense given the tactics were to avoid him being used on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Yup, despite his reactions to a lot of off the ball (it's POM - it happens), the intensity he brings to the loose is pretty admirable.

The only off the ball incident I saw was when he shouldered the guy who hit Madigan late then he hit a ruck clearing out like 3 Canadians.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

U wudnt think it was 12-14 there at one stage mid way through the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

garv123 wrote: »
    U wudnt think it was 12-14 there at one stage mid way through the game

Indeed, but that's often when the inferior team falls away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Canada's anthem is as boring as the country it represents.

You've obviously never been to Canada then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Buer wrote: »

Downey may as well have not been on the pitch. Was filling a jersey and kept as far from the ball as possible for 90% of the game. If Olding was genuinely available as reported, the selection makes absolutely no sense given the tactics were to avoid him being used on the ball.

That's bull about tactics were not imposed to avoid him. Cave didn't touch the ball that much either. I actually thought Downey was decent. Our wingers didn't get much ball spread along the line to them either.

Ireland mainly carried ball based on players cutting inside with our wingers and forwards. It had Kiss written all over it, just like the 6N when he had SOB standing at 10 and being our first reciever. Can't wait for Kiss to just go back to defense. He is very one dimensional in attack

I thought we were okay but we scored some cheap tries and the turning point was Tuohy's forearm. Good exercise and as someone said earlier refs can make a massive difference to whether a game is a decent spectacle.

Advertisement