Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

To my 1st patron, did you get that warm fuzzy feeling? :D

Hope so and thanks.
    Pat.

sdanseo wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, which of the feeds is yours? There are a good few listed on Liveatc for Dublin. Or are they all yours, if so how do you do that off a single scanner?

All EIDW feeds come from here, its sorted via a few pi's and SDR's and at the moment just 1 working scanner, all connected to a really good coax and antenna on the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Patreon works.... pledged you one pint a month, so not sure if i need to put you in my health expenses or hobby expenses, can't really put you in my beer expenses as that's untouchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mech1 wrote: »
    OK, i have set up a patreon basic page.

Every little counts

Thanks again.

https://www.patreon.com/EIDWLIVEMECH1

Mods if this is not allowed please delete.
    Carry On! And you should stick it in your sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

tricky D wrote: »
    Carry On! And you should stick it in your sig.

Could we get a sticky for a few weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Could we get a sticky for a few weeks?

Done, and to clarify, there are no problems from a MOD (and higher) point of view with these schemes and discussions

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

My Patreon link is now in my signature,

Once again thanks everyone for your help with this.

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Is that coax I done up last time any use to you pat? I should have plenty out in the shed if it's of any use.
    Don't get much time to listen in anymore but I'll happily donate. Good to know its always there.

jimbis wrote: »
    Is that coax I done up last time any use to you pat? I should have plenty out in the shed if it's of any use.
    Don't get much time to listen in anymore but I'll happily donate. Good to know its always there.

Thanks Jimbo ( sorry Jimbis ) I only use little short patch cables in that coax size and you made me all I need last time:D

Donate or become a patron only if you can, no pressure and spread the word.

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Donation sent.

The service is much appreciated.

Thanks Pat.:)

• Advertisement

Just to let everyone know, funds are sorted now for the year as long as we dont get a lightning strike that knocks everything out!!!

Should be no need for any more fundraising on here if I can convince a few maybe 20 or 30 more people to become patrons at even €1 per month, that would cover it and also give a bit of room for expanding
    the feed a bit more.

Maybe, now just maybe at the moment,,, exciting new Patron only feed is a possibility.

And once again thanks to my new Patrons and everyone that donated.
    Its very much appreciated.

Enjoy the feed

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Sent a few quid there to you via paypal, Pat. I wasn't sure with VAT and foreign transaction charges how much you'd get via Patreon, so I hope a paypal transaction is still okay for you.

Here's hoping this feed, which is the best on LiveATC in my view, can keep going. As I've said here before, my young lad in particular loves it, and is quite the little nerd with all things plane related because of it. I may have managed to learn a thing or two as a result. :D

bronn wrote: »
    Sent a few quid there to you via paypal, Pat. I wasn't sure with VAT and foreign transaction charges how much you'd get via Patreon, so I hope a paypal transaction is still okay for you.

Here's hoping this feed, which is the best on LiveATC in my view, can keep going. As I've said here before, my young lad in particular loves it, and is quite the little nerd with all things plane related because of it. I may have managed to learn a thing or two as a result. :D

Youve done it again!!!
    Tears in my eyes again, Thats exactly why this is worthwhile to me.
    Thanks Bronn.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Due to problems with this thread not displaying well on the touch site, I've unstuck this thread, and posted a very clear single post thread and made that post sticky, so the touch site will see the post clearly when it is selected.

Many thanks to the people who have already provided a contribution to Pat, which has kept the feed alive, hopefully, the new funding system will mean that there will be more funds available going forward to allow for spares and any maintenance needed to keep the feed live and operational

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Mech1 wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know, funds are sorted now for the year as long as we dont get a lightning strike that knocks everything out!!!

Should be no need for any more fundraising on here if I can convince a few maybe 20 or 30 more people to become patrons at even €1 per month, that would cover it and also give a bit of room for expanding
    the feed a bit more.

Maybe, now just maybe at the moment,,, exciting new Patron only feed is a possibility.

And once again thanks to my new Patrons and everyone that donated.
    Its very much appreciated.

Enjoy the feed

Pat.

Was offline for a few days, didn't get a chance to donate until now. Even though funds are sorted for the moment I don't want a refund or anything, keep it in the contingency pot.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Its great to see those who are able supporting the LiveATC feed from Pat.
    I will be setting up my own Patreon donation later today.
    Im sure that a few more will trickle in over the next few days as people are able to set stuff up.
    A guy I know also posted the info on the Dublin Airport Movements and Spotters page on Facebook, it generated some interest and hopefully attrcted a couple of patreons towards Pat.

Keep us updated next month Pat, with how the Patreon system is working out for you and the feed.

Yes Tenger I will keep everyone updated.

I want to thank Boards.ie for allowing this and also to thank the mods on here for there obvious help in that direction.

Sofar we have 6 patrons and i send many many thanks to them and also to the people that donated through the Paypal link.

I feel that the patreon site will in the long term work to maintain and improve the feed and also removes the embarrassment I feel

when I have to ask on here for help.

Remember even €1 per month helps over the course of a year.

Many thanks,
    Pat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dont "do" Patreon but sent you a bit over a years worth (after fees and all that) via Paypal. Wouldn't be a regular listener but its something that's incredibly useful to have when there's anything interesting on and would be greatly missed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I've not being buying as much sh1te from the work vending machines of late so I've sent the money to Pat instead!

Thanks for having the feed up! Great to listen when it gets windy outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Donation sent Pat. Used PayPal. I know you're covered for the immediate future, but stick it in the contingency pot. I understand your embarrassment about asking for contributions, but you shouldn't be. It's a great service and it's not free to provide, although it's free to use. Fair is fair, so I've set up a reminder to contribute a few bob each month.

Thanks for providing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

For those of us that don't do Patreon could we just make it an annual shout-out on here, say 1st September every year to make a donation or at the very least to check in with Pat and see how much is spent/needed. That way he's not having to ask, we are offering. Maybe a mod could set a reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Pat, out of curiosity, out of a donated fiver, how much of it is getting to you via Paypal and Patreon?

Paypal €4.48 after charges, but if sent friends and family no charges apply. (very few use friends and family).

Patreon i dont know yet as payments are not taken from patrons accounts until the first of each month. But i expect charges between 3 and 6 percent depending on patrons amount set but thats from memory so dont quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭b318isp

Just sent a few bob on - fair play Mech1. Remind us again next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Medical just a few mins ago? Rescue and ambos crossing runways.

We have a total of 7 donating Patrons and the total income from them amounts to 25.91 USD per month which will help alot over the course of a year.

The winter period is almost upon us and this is the first year that I have been confident in the antenna attachments and pole surviving it. Thanks!

Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

All ok Pat?

Are you up the pole?

All should be back up running now, dont know what happened, but a system reboot sorted it.

We have had a couple of patrons that havent followed through, just a reminder to them or if they cant no problem, anyone want to take a patron seat just click the link in my signature or go to the sticky thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056970797

Thanks again,
    Pat.

• Advertisement

As is usual, the Windy weekend pulled us up a bit from our usual top 10 feeds in the Liveatc feed charts into the top 3, First place for a lot of the time!

Thanks for listening.

Pat.

Advertisement