Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoisFharraige

@Mech1 Hi Pat, wonder if you could, like you've done for the other feeds, make a Center only feed? The frequencies they use for the 5 sectors are 129.180, 132.580, 120.755, 135.655 and 118.500.

Would be great for us nerds. Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

question about your feed Pat.... what sort of limitations have you hit with the SDR's?

I'm assuming you have 2 or more 10MHz capable SDR's (or multiple cheap 2MHz wide ones)... how many RX's can you run on the one laptop etc... and what are the laptop specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

Unfortunatly a few Patreon subscribers have fallen through. No blame on them they supported the feed when they could.
    If anyone thinks they sould support the feed even for a couple of months, click in my signature at the botton of all my posts and sign up. one or two euro each per month from a few people would be enough to cover the costs.

Thanks,,, Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Pat
    is there still an option to chuck in a few quid via paypal?
    Would like to do that, it was an option before I know
    thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Same here. Have my PP open and ready to send... to tohelpgetthisbackup

• Advertisement

Try this sticky, it has all the info needed. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058012110
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Have sent payment now Pat, hope its a help
    Sorry you need to keep asking online, you shouldnt have to. The service you provide is fantastic. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Also sent a small contribution. Thanks Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭b318isp

Just sent a few bob through there on PayPal.

Thanks for running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Threw in a few quid there myself too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Just sent something through there pat, thanks for the feed, we've come along way from a picture of a ladder in a storm

Yes Razor a long time ago, it started at post 45 here,,,https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84202582

Some fun times had along the way, been through a few storms, atc vs pilot arguments, diversions, Air shows, Strikes, vip visits etc.

Many thanks to all that have listened in and helped the feed along over the years!

Pat.

For everybody else who can’t spare €5 “thoughts and prayers” will have to do! 😝😝😝

Just as a BTW, we are at this very moment sitting in our usual top ten worldwide place on Liveatc, 3RD behind JFK and Tokyo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Keep her lit Pat. Much appreciated for all your work over many, many years.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

You're top of the pops again, Pat. In three slots, no less.

bronn wrote: »
    You're top of the pops again, Pat. In three slots, no less.

156 listeners?

At this stage I would like to see Pat give it up. It might make people appreciate what they have! Just throw the man a few bob!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

How is the funding looking at the moment Pat?

Tenger wrote: »
    How is the funding looking at the moment Pat?

Thanks to all that donated approx €150 raised which helps greatly. Also 2 new patreon members have joined.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfast

Mech1 wrote: »
    Thanks to all that donated approx €150 raised which helps greatly. Also 2 new patreon members have joined.

Many thanks.

Just pledged mate, great effort from yourself, hopefully more can pledge even just the price of 1 takeaway coffee per month.

Keep it up :cool:

• Advertisement

Thunder storm way too close for my liking, antenna disconnected till it passes.

Antenna going back in now. Sorry for the interruption.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Was pretty intense there for a bit.

43 people listening to a returning EI tech salivating at potential disaster but not a one of them world kick Pat a few bucks!

in all fairness 5 people give me a couple of euro every month it doesnt cover all costs, but its better than none.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

OMG I’m paying for the service and I missed this impending disaster :):)
    )

Am I paying for disaster reports or to supply a nice service ?

Thanks PAT.

smurfjed wrote: »
    OMG I’m paying for the service and I missed this impending disaster :):)
    )

Am I paying for disaster reports or to supply a nice service ?

Thanks PAT.

Well 47 people turned on last night to hear an A330 return to base with no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Fresh donation made - thanks for the listening! :D

**EDIT: you may want to watch the weather forecast for the next few days. Possible risk to TS activity and a need to take the aerial down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Long time listener. Just sent you a few quid there Pat. Many thanks for providing this hugely enjoyable and fantastic service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Slightly off topic - anyone know what happened to Shanwick HF feed? Used to be under Shannon airport of LiveATC but has disappeared in the past few weeks.

Advertisement