Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Mech1 wrote: »
    Hi all, just got 2 checks and quotes to once and for all sort out the liveatc antenna to chimney bracket / pole arrangement as i think my diy skills might not last the coming winter, both installers agree with me after a cursary look at the present installation.

We need at the very least between €250 and €350 to complete the works. Im not gonna pay for that ( i couldnt even if i wanted to) so the begging bowl is open again if you think you can spare a few bob.

Works would need to be completed asap before damage is caused.

If you dont want to assist dont, if you cant no problem, if you can, click the link in my signature.

Thanks, Pat.

Sent you a few quid there. Invaluable service!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

Thank you. First one! All will be spent on the service,
    Pat.

Many thanks C Mc D.

C'mon people, I simply can't afford to keep this service running if you don't help.

It's a job that has to be done in order to protect people on the ground, my roof and chimney, and the feed outputs.

Any small donation helps.
    Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Hi
    I cant just see the link to making a payment?
    E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TedR wrote: »
    Hi
    I cant just see the link to making a payment?
    E

Signatures won't display on some versions of the site.

Here's the link: https://www.paypal.me/tohelpgetthisbackup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Thanks for the link Ed E. Have now managed to make a small contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Sent along a few quid there too. Thanks, Pat. :)

Likewise, sent a few quid
    Its a great service, hope you get enough to keep it going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I assume the nice people from Live ATC are not in a position to help. I will send you another few quid later in the month when the mortgage and car payments are made.

What did you have at its peak? 766 listeners? 50 cent each would have covered the repair.

Could we ask the mods to maybe put up a sticky or a go fund me to seek help. €5 from 50 people would sort this out very quickly but most are great at playing the poor mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Contributed, hopefully you get enough to cover it.

I’d suggest contacting the YouTube channels that have used the audio for videos on various incidents etc. Surely they’ve a financial interest in keeping the feed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

faoiarvok wrote: »

I’d suggest contacting the YouTube channels that have used the audio for videos on various incidents etc. Surely they’ve a financial interest in keeping the feed up?

Very good idea!

SNIP
    point is, if you have a few quid spare to keep this thing going, lets do it
    i would love to see the feed continue through the winter, think lots of us feel the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I have just deleted a number of posts made by people who really should know better at this stage. Any repeats will be infracted. You know who you are

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Many, Many thanks everyone, we are now halfway towards the cost of this.

PayPal balanceDetails
    EUR 126.85

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hope you get to keep it going, contribution on the way this morning.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Ed E. Have now managed to make a small contribution.

Similarly, just sent you Eur15. Hope it helps.
    Will send more later in the month.

Invaluable service and possibly not appreciated outside of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Just sent a small donation there. Best of luck with this and thanks for providing the excellent service which you do. It is much appreciated! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Tenger wrote: »
    Similarly, just sent you Eur15. Hope it helps.
    Will send more later in the month.

Invaluable service and possibly not appreciated outside of this forum.
    Seconded. Not just the above, but another €15 too. Keep up the marvelous work.

As for outside this forum I did mention it in dispatches (Mod news) and it was well received/thanked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Great service, I really enjoy listening when I can. Sent you €20 just now, thanks and keep up the good work.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, now i have enough to move on with the works.

But as im sure you know, running and maintaining all this kit and kaboodle takes time effort and expense so every little bit helps.

If your thinking of donating, just cause this present situation is now in hand doesnt mean that i dont need further donations towards this service.

Special thanks to smurfjed, extreme generosity, he paid for almost half the work needed.

Pat.

I see that the moderators deleted some posts, I personally didnt see them, but i want to apologise to anyone that thinks what im doing is wrong.

I never intended to need support with running this liveatc and I hate having to ask you for support.

It's just that my financial position isnt what it was years ago when I started this.

I have four kids to support, and i rent my house so times are tough.

Again many thanks,
    Pat.

04/06/2013 was the date we first went live here with liveatc, Just if anyone is wondering!

I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Cmod: The deleted posts are nothing to do directly with you doing fundraising. They were directed at unspecified others who might be reluctant to contribute.

Our policy in this matter is that it is fine and carry on as you see fit. Any posts with a problem with that risk likely deletion.

I hope that you got a bit more than the costs and any excess is spent on a few beers. You well deserve that and I hope most would agree.

Until the next time...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

To be honest Pat, I've often seen the link in your signature and thought I probably should contribute something considering how much I listened, then kind of shrugged it off. This has obviously been a bit of a wake-up call for a lot of the members of the forum, myself included, that it was time to put the hand in the pocket after scrolling past the link so many times.

There's absolutely no need to apologise for asking for donations towards the feed, if anyone has a problem with it, they can ignore it and move on. Fair play to you keeping it up for so many years, hopefully there's a few more years to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Want to say thanks for the feed over the last 5 years, I've listened in a good bit and it gets quite popular during the busy periods! I can't contribute at the moment as I am flat broke, but hopefully will contribute in the next few months to help the continued operation of the feed :)

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Want to say thanks for the feed over the last 5 years, I've listened in a good bit and it gets quite popular during the busy periods! I can't contribute at the moment as I am flat broke, but hopefully will contribute in the next few months to help the continued operation of the feed :)

No worries!!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A great service.
    Only seeing this post now. Sent you a few quid. Hope it helps.

Just a service weather update, op's channel is now Tower and Approach only getting ready for the predicted winds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

Pat,

many thanks for providing such a great service - just sent a donation via paypal.

Rgds,

Gerry

Advertisement